2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

Just now, jared52 said:

With Deondre Francois reportedly out for the year, I wonder what this does for Field's decision.

Well it probaly guarantees DF stays and does not go pro. I think Fromm potentially not letting go of the starting job at uga is a lot more important to JF's recruitment since fromm is a true frosh.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, fredst said:

IMG_2177.GIF

Now if we can just hold him hostage for one billion dollars....

59cna95hci7x.gif

WOOOOF

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Well it probaly guarantees DF stays and does not go pro. I think Fromm potentially not letting go of the starting job at uga is a lot more important to JF's recruitment since fromm is a true frosh.

I wonder if the news out of FSU, combined with a potential QB battle in Georgia and Stidham's slower than expected start will just eliminate the though of an easy road to early play time from his decision. At this point, I don't see anyone jumping early.

Georgia has to be in the worst place because no matter who starts going forward, it's now known that another QB is waiting in the wings and earned consideration.

No one knows who will start at FSU, but neither scenario is good for them. Either QB they have has at least 2 years if eligibility, so they will either be good, and a barrier to an early start, or bad and damage the "Fisher is a QB guru mystique.

Stidham could be a world beater by the end of the season, but as I expected, he's not there yet, so I can't imagine him jumping early, especially with guys like Baker Mayfield going to the draft this year.

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

Dude, if we can get Dr. Evil on our side ?....

Him and Greg Brown would get along perfectly!!! lol goober of a feather flock together!!! haha

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

I wonder if the news out of FSU, combined with a potential QB battle in Georgia and Stidham's slower than expected start will just eliminate the though of an easy road to early play time from his decision. At this point, I don't see anyone jumping early.

Georgia has to be in the worst place because no matter who starts going forward, it's now known that another QB is waiting in the wings and earned consideration.

No one knows who will start at FSU, but neither scenario is good for them. Either QB they have has at least 2 years if eligibility, so they will either be good, and a barrier to an early start, or bad and damage the "Fisher is a QB guru mystique.

Stidham could be a world beater by the end of the season, but as I expected, he's not there yet, so I can't imagine him jumping early, especially with guys like Baker Mayfield going to the draft this year.

I am not trying to twist this thinking we are attractive to JF.  I am a HUGE Joey G fan due to his loyalty and upside.  And how he is playing this yr. 

As for FSU/UGA/AU:   I imagine UGA won't pan for the reasons you articulated.  And you're prob spot on for FSU.  

As for Stidham, I doubt he considers Mayfield and others a whole lot.  If his demonstrated potential is high, he leapfrogs people appropriately.  If the field is strong, he will be positioned well, if the field is weak, his place in the draft will be a few higher.  Rarely do the NFL teams "reach" for underqualified players.  It happens, but not like it did 15 yrs ago.  IMO. He wants to be successful and will return if he needs more time.  He seems to be cerebral in his planning:  look at how to spent last yr - personal trainer, found a HS program to use to stay in the game, went to development gurus....

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

yuuup. FSU is def in the worst spot of the 3 of us. They lost malik henry who transferred out and have some lowly rated one of jimbos least recruited qb recruit as the only backup to Francois. That is a good point.

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

As for Stidham, I doubt he considers Mayfield and others a whole lot.  If his demonstrated potential is high, he leapfrogs people appropriately.  If the field is strong, he will be positioned well, if the field is weak, his place in the draft will be a few higher.  Rarely do the NFL teams "reach" for underqualified players.  It happens, but not like it did 15 yrs ago.  IMO. He wants to be successful and will return if he needs more time.  He seems to be cerebral in his planning:  look at how to spent last yr - personal trainer, found a HS program to use to stay in the game, went to development gurus....

He had better consider Mayfield et al, if his desire is to go first round. While he has all of the potential in the world, there are currently QBs who are obviously far more ready for the next level, and I doubt he can show enough as a one and done QB to leap any of them. Mayfield went 19 for 20 on Saturday for 329 yards against no worse of an opponent than we faced and that was only good enough for him to be ranked 3rd in qbr as 2nd in efficiency (Stidham is ranked 88th and 54th respectively). Stidham has a lot of road to make up against tougher opponents to get first round consideration. I think it will take more then one year.

5 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

He had better consider Mayfield et al, if his desire is to go first round. While he has all of the potential in the world, there are currently QBs who are obviously far more ready for the next level, and I doubt he can show enough as a one and done QB to leap any of them. Mayfield went 19 for 20 on Saturday for 329 yards against no worse of an opponent than we faced and that was only good enough for him to be ranked 3rd in qbr as 2nd in efficiency (Stidham is ranked 88th and 54th respectively). Stidham has a lot of road to make up against tougher opponents to get first round consideration. I think it will take more then one year.

QB evaluation is hard. Most of the stuff I've read from the NFL draft gurus is that Wyoming's Josh Allen is likely the first QB off the board. After last night, I have to believe Josh Rosen is in that discussion as well. Rosen was a consensus 5 star out of high school while Allen was sending emails to every D1 program begging to be recruited. Again, QB evaluation is hard. Like you, I'm one of those  who thinks it is way to early to deem JS as a one and done guy, and way to early to evaluate his performance based on stats after his first game in two years. I hope we land JF, but if not I believe JS, MW, and JG give us a very bright future at QB.  WDE! 

My opinion, I don't think Fields gives a flip about who is or isn't at any given school. He'll go where the system looks the best to him. We're ok with Joey G already in the fold. If Fields wants to come along too, that's fine.

I guess I did a horrible job on my point.  I doubt Stidham has some "first round or stay" mentality.   I suspect he looks as his development and where he may go, then makes his decisons.  If he doesn't develop enough, he stays regardless of round is what wanted to say.  

And Mikey is exactly right:  

31 minutes ago, Mikey said:

My opinion, I don't think Fields gives a flip about who is or isn't at any given school. He'll go where the system looks the best to him. We're ok with Joey G already in the fold. If Fields wants to come along too, that's fine.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I would agree if he didn't say it was a factor in an interview. He was actually hoping Stidham and Francois would go early this year. (I'm sure that came from coaches selling him on that idea)

I agree that we are great with Joey, but would love to see Fields in the fold as well. Those are a pair of QBs who I wouldn't object to running a 2 QB system with.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

From what I've seen about Francois Fields might be able to beat him out anyway.

Baker Mayfield likely isn't a top 10 drafted QB this year. It's a pretty deep QB class and a good game against UTEP isn't going to vault him into 1st round discussion.

2 minutes ago, WDEKC said:

Baker Mayfield likely isn't a top 10 drafted QB this year. It's a pretty deep QB class and a good game against UTEP isn't going to vault him into 1st round discussion.

Maybe not. I just used him as an example because only missing on one completion in a game is pretty darn rare.

24 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Maybe not. I just used him as an example because only missing on one completion in a game is pretty darn rare.

I think the QB depth this year definitely increases the chances of Stidham staying another year. He would have to have a monster season to get into first round consideration with the amount of experienced guys with 1st round grades this year.

2 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Thinks looking good here. Things have always look good for JF though.

Is there a feel for at what point he might make a decision. I would think as JS gets more and more comfortable the more our O will look like what JF needs to see to come to the good guys.

4 hours ago, bg5 said:

Is there a feel for at what point he might make a decision. I would think as JS gets more and more comfortable the more our O will look like what JF needs to see to come to the good guys.

He will visit AU and UGA again for sure. At least that's the plan. The Mississippi state game is possibility for when he visits us.

Yeah, the MSU game seems to be the one. Since he's gonna be in Athens the weekend before to see UGA v MSU, seems the smart thing would be to come here and see us whip up on the same MSU he'd just seen the weekend prior. Hard to go wrong with a direct comparison. 

Francois being out should help us as itt means he will be back for sure next year. Also two years in a row the FSU O-Line allowed a mobile QB to get hammerred. I think that will hurt them.  Georgia is hard to say. The freshman looked good so you can expect at least 1-2 more years for him that could impact JF decision but the other side is  whether he believes JS is one and done or will return for another year. Plus Malik and Joey in the wings. Also our RT was beaten to easily on Saturday..  I love Braden at guard but I would not be surprised to see James and Braden switch positions against Clemson.

Botton line is I think Saturday helped us with JF and FSU but is probably a wash with Georgia. We really need to open the Offense up against Clemson. Especially more 1st down passes and quick hitting passes.

Archived