2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

4 hours ago, DAG said:

Thank you ! I know we don't agree on much but I am pretty sold on JG. I think he should be the headliner for QB in this class and we will have Bo for the next class. Let JF enjoy his recruiting visits. Let's continue to solidify the relationship we have with our QB who has also been recruiting for us .

You never pass on a chance to get a qb with talent like JF. Cam said himself he is the best recruit in the country who alot of people are trying to compare JG too. As far as JG we will see what happens if FSU comes calling again.  He is definitely saying all of the right things atm though. Kid has all the ability in the world but I take JF 10 out of 10 times. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, austudnt23 said:

You never pass on a chance to get a qb with talent like JF. Cam said himself he is the best recruit in the country who alot of people are trying to compare JG too. As far as JG we will see what happens if FSU comes calling again.  He is definitely saying all of the right things atm though. Kid has all the ability in the world but I take JF 10 out of 10 times. 

Can you blame him if he listened to FSU the way we (us fans ) pretty much have shelved him ? I have no idea how the coaches are approaching this situation , but people are acting like JG is just far inferior to JF when that is just not the case . Yes, JF is the best prospect available , but you also have JG who would be #1 on 90% ( generalization) of D-1 school boards. If we could get JF , great but not at the expense of JG. 

Fields is enticing as a runner and he's not a terrible passer. However, his throwing motion is sporadic and to date we haven't been able to coach that into any of our guys. I haven't watched Gatewood's film yet but if he's a more consistent passer than I'd go with that option.

Fields is great and if we had a history of developing quarterbacks I'd snatch him up. His raw POTENTIAL is tremendous. However, as my old defensive coordinator once told us, "potential just means you haven't done s*** yet!" He's the type of kid Ohio State would mold into a monster of a player. Alabama would mismanage him and Clemson would force too much pressure upon him. Interested in how his football career pans out.

3 hours ago, War Knight said:

Fields is enticing as a runner and he's not a terrible passer. However, his throwing motion is sporadic and to date we haven't been able to coach that into any of our guys. I haven't watched Gatewood's film yet but if he's a more consistent passer than I'd go with that option.

Fields is great and if we had a history of developing quarterbacks I'd snatch him up. His raw POTENTIAL is tremendous. However, as my old defensive coordinator once told us, "potential just means you haven't done s*** yet!" He's the type of kid Ohio State would mold into a monster of a player. Alabama would mismanage him and Clemson would force too much pressure upon him. Interested in how his football career pans out.

Funny, I've heard scouting reports saying Fields is quite polished and ready to play when he steps on campus. I don't know well enough to judge such things, but this is the first I've heard about him having an inconsistent throwing motion...

5 hours ago, LakeBum said:

Visiting LSU this weekend!

Of course, he is. And here I thought it was just us and UGA for the running.

@Rednilla it's all a matter of perspective I suppose. If I saw it in person it'd be a lot easier than some highlight reel from the stands.

His "arm circle" is too big at times giving him a slower release time. It's definitely a little nit-picky and not the end of the world but it's something I'd like to see worked on. However, a lot of these throws are being made "on-the-run".

I don't want JF going to uga and I really, really don't want him going to LSU!!!  Matt Canada molding that cat, combined with that defense!?!?!  Well, at least it wouldn't be bama dominating the conference for a couple of years. ?‍♂️

We can say good bye to Fields . 11 sacks tonight, why would he want to play behind that cluster.

2 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

Y'all don't think we showed him something tonight?

Yes, I think Gus clearly showed him what his future holds if he comes to AU.

Interesting, I see tonight as showing Justin that Stidham's Auburn statue is premature, jarrett looks anything but irreplaceable, and JS will take the beating to get the young blue chippers on the o line seasoned - I mean since that's what Hand's done consistently for oh, a couple decades. I didn't think a 1 TD loss to a top 5 team could ever create more chicken littling than last year's 1 TD loss to natl champ Clemson but this one is close.

3 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Interesting, I see tonight as showing Justin that Stidham's Auburn statue is premature, jarrett looks anything but irreplaceable, and JS will take the beating to get the young blue chippers on the o line seasoned - I mean since that's what Hand's done consistently for oh, a couple decades. I didn't think a 1 TD loss to a top 5 team could ever create more chicken littling than last year's 1 TD loss to natl champ Clemson but this one is close.

A 21-14, 28-21, 35-28 one touchdown loss would have been WORLDS better than this one touchdown loss. The offense was a complete disaster and it was obvious when Pettway was getting 2 yards a pop in the red zone and Gus calls the “hasn’t worked in 5 years” sugar huddle pitch to Chandler Cox. The man has clearly lost it. I hate it for him, but his gimmicks only fool him by making him think that somehow they will work again.

Only the most ardent O&B biased fan could spin this in any positive way. All we've been told is that the Fields wanna see the "new" offense. Welp, they got a good look last night. 

Archived