2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

14 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Only the most ardent O&B biased fan could spin this in any positive way. All we've been told is that the Fields wanna see the "new" offense. Welp, they got a good look last night. 

It's done. Was pretty much done last weekend. Despite what others were saying. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AUIH1 said:

Who is going to coach him?

wde

The silver lining is Gatewood is just the athlete needed to not make Gus look like a complete fool. He already has some sort of a knack for throwing the ball, unlike JF3. Hopefully, he can keep that dynamic athletic ability and size...he will need it.

9 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

I didn't think a 1 TD loss to a top 5 team could ever create more chicken littling than last year's 1 TD loss to natl champ Clemson but this one is close.

Last night wasn't about 1 loss. It is about a disturbing trend. From the Jeremy Johnson debacle, to last years whirlybird QB game, to the inexplicable UGA loss (again), to the Sugar Bowl disaster. Gus may be a Sunbelt coach, and Lindsey's offense might work in high school or Conference USA, but they are clearly overmatched in the Power 5 and SEC. 

5 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

It's done. Was pretty much done last weekend. Despite what others were saying. 

I was actually coming here to post that we might as well move this one to rivals. 

3 hours ago, DAG said:

The silver lining is Gatewood is just the athlete needed to not make Gus look like a complete fool. He already has some sort of a knack for throwing the ball, unlike JF3. Hopefully, he can keep that dynamic athletic ability and size...he will need it.

Gatewood would work well in Gus's system but damn it looks like he needs to be ready to start day one. That's not going to happen. 

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Gatewood would work well in Gus's system but damn it looks like he needs to be ready to start day one. That's not going to happen. 

Unfortunately, this is also true. 

23 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Maybe. But you have proven over the years here you have no clue. None. 

Just like I was clueless about certain linebackers? LMAO! Also, several months ago I was cautioned by the PTB to stop "picking at you". Did you not get the same caution, or is your memory failing?

7 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Oh BTW....................... this is going to turn into a UGA vs LSU battle. 

I can't believe I'm left hoping that somehow Jimbo Fisher can shock the world and sign the #1 QB and overall recruit in the country.

I am one of the ones who thought that we were fine after Georgia Southern because of the the FSU O-Line debacle and the coming out of the Georgia freshman QB and that we would right the ship with a better performance against Clemson. I was wrong no imagination in Offense, O-line was not up to the task and coaches didn't do anything to help them, I watched some Oklahoma - Ohio State and Mayfield is the real deal but the other side of it was the play calling to help him against a good Ohio State D-Line, quick passes to backs using TE.  

Since we couldn't overpower Clemson we needed a fast back who could leak out quickly and catch passes Devan Barret would have been a great candidate also we should have used the TE. We also need to use Hastings more as he was only receiver who consistently got separation.

I felt sorry for the D as they played super and we could easily have won with this D with any type of Offensive production.

lmao we somehow looked worse on the OL than FSU did and their QB is out for the year.

And our 2 deep at QB are both injury prone soooo...We'll probably see Malik Willis at some point this year not like Gus is going to be able to coach Willis anyway so why save his RS?

3 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

Waiting for student23 to post that we are still in the drivers seat....

wde

If he gets his info from Gus he probably will.  Clueless Gus probably thinks all is well with Fields if we put some big numbers up against Mercer.

The sad thing is Gus cannot even put up huge passing numbers against schools like ga southern and ut martin to really be able to snow these recruits like Shea Patterson and ole miss have for the past 2 weeks! 

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

The sad thing is Gus cannot even put up huge passing numbers against schools like ga southern and ut martin to really be able to snow these recruits like Shea Patterson and ole miss have for the past 2 weeks! 

Why pass when you can run it down their throats with their weak defenses. Mark it down, Mercer will get a huge dose of our run game. Only passes will be play action "impact plays" or whatever the hell Gus calls them. Mercer will not know what to expect. But it will not help us in the long run .I'm still predicting five sacks allowed. Gus will get up and talk about how great they responded, I am ready to puke just hearing it

:puke:

21 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Why pass when you can run it down their throats with their weak defenses. Mark it down, Mercer will get a huge dose of our run game. Only passes will be play action "impact plays" or whatever the hell Gus calls them. Mercer will not know what to expect. But it will not help us in the long run .I'm still predicting five sacks allowed. Gus will get up and talk about how great they responded, I am ready to puke just hearing it

:puke:

Unfortunately probably not too far off. I'd like to think we'd work on improving the intermediate passing game, along with blocking using only the front 5 (and maybe a back as the personal protector for QB), or even debut Malik Willis to see if his speed can be an equalizer in the zone read game, but I sincerely doubt any of this will happen. Trying to stay as optimistic as possible is hard work when Gus seemingly refuses to evolve at a pace that keeps up with everyone else.

38 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Unfortunately probably not too far off. I'd like to think we'd work on improving the intermediate passing game, along with blocking using only the front 5 (and maybe a back as the personal protector for QB), or even debut Malik Willis to see if his speed can be an equalizer in the zone read game, but I sincerely doubt any of this will happen. Trying to stay as optimistic as possible is hard work when Gus seemingly refuses to evolve at a pace that keeps up with everyone else.

Yeah, that would make too much sense. They say Jarrett needs reps and experience but they want him to hand off? Maybe JJ spooked him.

Yeah, we need to evolve as an offense. People have figured out Gus but yet we keep giving him extensions. The SEC record alone is a sign. I digressed but getting Malik experience would be a good thing as well because we aren't getting Fields unless there's a miracle. 

Archived