2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

On 9/10/2017 at 8:26 AM, Mikey said:

As long as Gatewood hangs in with us we're good.

You do realize that Gatewood is more along the lines of a Woody Barrett or think of any other HS QB that needs alot of polishing.  The odds are against us to see him on the field  any time soon or at all. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gus thinks its much more important to make sure a RB hits 1000 rushing yards than working on his offense in games that will help us down the road. 

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:32 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

It's done. Was pretty much done last weekend. Despite what others were saying. 

Whoa now. It is not done yet.  We have hurt ourself for sure.

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:48 PM, AUIH1 said:

Waiting for student23 to post that we are still in the drivers seat....

wde

Is this suppose to be a shot.  We will see what happens. By no means are we in the driver seat anymore.  By no means are we out of this.  We were definitely in the driver seat until this weekend with UGA. I don't expect us to lose again until Alabama.  I wont say anymore than that but lets see how this offense looks from here on out.

Sorry haven't had time to post much since returning from game.  I had family from Florida here that were evacuated from hurricane and haven't had time.  To add onto JF we are still leading for a friend of his who is a big time OL out of Georgia.  Hill has thought to be a Georgia lock but we have been leading for a while.

6 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Is this suppose to be a shot.  We will see what happens. By no means are we in the driver seat anymore.  By no means are we out of this.  We were definitely in the driver seat until this weekend with UGA. I don't expect us to lose again until Alabama.  I wont say anymore than that but lets see how this offense looks from here on out.

Thanks for your posts 23, while you have inside information it is always negative as some of the other "insiders". It's alright not to pump sunshine all of the time, but doom & gloom every single post gets on my last nerve. While I have no inside sources I tend to agree with you that Justin Fields shouldn't base his decision on us playing Clemson's defense, any more than he should rule FSU out for playing alabama's defense. Let's see how this plays out.

3 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Hard for me to believe the undefeated until Alabama part. Through the last 16 games, little shows me Gus is ready to hand over the clipboard. That alone appears to translate to a couple losses. Not trying to be negative but Gus has me wearing out my patience.

4 hours ago, AUMASTERS said:

Thanks for your posts 23, while you have inside information it is always negative as some of the other "insiders". It's alright not to pump sunshine all of the time, but doom & gloom every single post gets on my last nerve. While I have no inside sources I tend to agree with you that Justin Fields shouldn't base his decision on us playing Clemson's defense, any more than he should rule FSU out for playing alabama's defense. Let's see how this plays out.

He is not going to base his decision on one game especially when our qb took alot of the blame admittedly told him he should have thrown the ball he held on when he had some guys open downfield. When was u doom and gloom with a post? Gus does not need to get involved with offense. He has been instructed not to do so. If we score on 1st drive and after turnover we win the game I'm sure alot of people would of praised the game saying that the don't lose it for the defense strategy was good.Chip needs to run the show though on offense without interference.

6 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

He is not going to base his decision on one game especially when our qb took alot of the blame admittedly told him he should have thrown the ball he held on when he had some guys open downfield. When was u doom and gloom with a post? Gus does not need to get involved with offense. He has been instructed not to do so. If we score on 1st drive and after turnover we win the game I'm sure alot of people would of praised the game saying that the don't lose it for the defense strategy was good.Chip needs to run the show though on offense without interference.

I think the doom and gloom AUMASTERS was alluding to was the sarcastic post by AUIH1 about you coming in and saying we're still in the driver's seat.

On 9/12/2017 at 6:14 AM, auskip07 said:

You do realize that Gatewood is more along the lines of a Woody Barrett or think of any other HS QB that needs alot of polishing.  The odds are against us to see him on the field  any time soon or at all. 

Woody Barrett's failure here was Woody Barrett's fault and his alone. If a kid won't apply himself and "get with the program", which Woody wouldn't, he cannot succeed anywhere. Look at the differences in the personalities involved: Joey Gatewood is no Barrett.

29 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Woody Barrett's failure here was Woody Barrett's fault and his alone. If a kid won't apply himself and "get with the program", which Woody wouldn't, he cannot succeed anywhere. Look at the differences in the personalities involved: Joey Gatewood is no Barrett.

Fact. Woody was just not a good dude. No way to sugar coat it. Not liked by most on the team. Gatewood, from all that would know, is a great kid and a team player. 

I'd love to get Fields, we won't, but we got a damn good one in Gatewood. 

37 minutes ago, Mikey said:

ill believe it when i see him on the field.  I hope im wrong but we dont field alot of qb's that we recruit 

24 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

ill believe it when i see him on the field.  I hope im wrong but we dont field alot of qb's that we recruit 

You'll believe what when you see it? That Gatewood is not Woody Barrett 2.0, or that he will perform on the field? Because the only assertion Mikey made was that the two players have completely different characters, not that Gatewood will set the world on fire with how good he is.

49 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

You'll believe what when you see it? That Gatewood is not Woody Barrett 2.0, or that he will perform on the field? Because the only assertion Mikey made was that the two players have completely different characters, not that Gatewood will set the world on fire with how good he is.

the assertion i made was based on a type of quarterback  (one who is more of an athlete than QB) ever making it to the field 

1 minute ago, auskip07 said:

the assertion i made was based on a type of quarterback  (one who is more of an athlete than QB) ever making it to the field 

Ah, I see. I suppose that's fair enough.

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Fact. Woody was just not a good dude. No way to sugar coat it. Not liked by most on the team. Gatewood, from all that would know, is a great kid and a team player. 

I'd love to get Fields, we won't, but we got a damn good one in Gatewood. 

Are you basing the we won't get JF on the fact that you don't believe the offense will improve? JF is still talking to us and Stidham took blame for alot that happened sat. Now if what happens Saturday happens again we likely won't and chip who is JF main recruiter won't do us any favors. Chip is moving into the booth from here on out. There is a reason for this.

1 hour ago, austudnt23 said:

Are you basing the we won't get JF on the fact that you don't believe the offense will improve? JF is still talking to us and Stidham took blame for alot that happened sat. Now if what happens Saturday happens again we likely won't and chip who is JF main recruiter won't do us any favors. Chip is moving into the booth from here on out. There is a reason for this.

Maybe I am a slow learner, but these few lines puzzled me.

1) Why won't Chip do us any favors in recruiting JF?

2) What does him moving to booth have to do with recruiting JF?

3) What is the reason you are hearing for his moving?  I am just curious if it is because he is more comfortable up there or if it is because CGM is in his ear too much on sideline.  Or something completely different.

I am.  

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I am.  

That's definitely a fair point then.  He is still planning to visit for a game.  Now if we don't do and run the offense we said we were we told him we were going to run then we have no chance.  Or I will say we have a very low chance, Cam gives us a chance as he still has Gus back.  Chip hasn't turned yet although he is not happy with how things have gone thus far.

18 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

Maybe I am a slow learner, but these few lines puzzled me.

1) Why won't Chip do us any favors in recruiting JF?

2) What does him moving to booth have to do with recruiting JF?

3) What is the reason you are hearing for his moving?  I am just curious if it is because he is more comfortable up there or if it is because CGM is in his ear too much on sideline.  Or something completely different.

CHip going to the booth has nothing to do with JF.  It gets him away from Gus. Chip is not happy with how things have gone but he hasn't turned against us on the recruiting trail or quit recruiting.  Coaches would never talk bad about the team they are coaching for but they can give little effort recruiting a player.  Chip hasn't done any of this at all I was speculating if Gus  doesn't let him coach this could happen.

CHip going to the booth has nothing to do with JF.  It gets him away from Gus. Chip is not happy with how things have gone but he hasn't turned against us on the recruiting trail or quit recruiting.  Coaches would never talk bad about the team they are coaching for but they can give little effort recruiting a player.  Chip hasn't done any of this at all I was speculating if Gus  doesn't let him coach this could happen.

I just wanted to highlight this because I know some people will come in here and read the first part of what you said and run with we should now fire CL cuz he isn't doing his job.

I didn't think CL would duck out on his responsibilities.  But he did say right after being hired that he was more comfortable in the booth but would have to see where things worked out.  I think the one thing we have to be weary of is a change in coaching staff.  If we do a clean sweep this year then this could really screw us over with JF.  Since JF is an EE, I would assume he is going to want to commit to a staff that he knows is going to be there for his future.  Guess bases on average lifespan of SEC coaches his best best is LSU since they just hired Coach O.  Kirby will be in hot water next year if he is not in SECC game by then.  And we all know CGM will stay in hot water until he is gone because of across the state.

23 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Sorry 23 , but it was supposed to read  it is not always  negative as some of the other "insiders"; this was definitely not aimed at you. 

21 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Are you basing the we won't get JF on the fact that you don't believe the offense will improve? JF is still talking to us and Stidham took blame for alot that happened sat. Now if what happens Saturday happens again we likely won't and chip who is JF main recruiter won't do us any favors. Chip is moving into the booth from here on out.There is a reason for this.

So he has less of a chance of calling Gus an idiot to his face and getting fired?

20 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Let me ask you this, if you don't mind.  If he is strictly going to the booth to get away from Gus, do you feel like they are on good terms still, or is their relationship beginning to sour?  I ask because (maybe the way I read your post) I am worried this may turn into the 2015 defensive staff when coaches were not getting along with Muschamp.  Obviously I don't want this to happen as players see a broken coach-to-coach relationship, they themselves will lose their drive.

I have to say the idea that the Clemson game significantly changed our chances with JF one way or another is odd IMO. Now if the O line (& O line coaching) are like that against every top tier team we play this season, I hear y'all. But if anything Stidham paid the price for Field's potential o-line to get experience against a caliber of defense Fields would face maybe 4 or 5 times in three years. Young O line blue chippers on the roster & high ceiling potential guys like Prince coached by a guy that's developed top O lines for decades? Why would JF not be saying "Jarrett needs to get a whole lot better or I can definitely beat out what I saw tonight...and if he DOES get a whole lot better, he's going NFL."   

10 hours ago, AUMASTERS said:

Sorry 23 , but it was supposed to read  it is not always  negative as some of the other "insiders"; this was definitely not aimed at you. 

Negativity? Its the truth. Am I right 100% of the time? Of course not. But I'd like to know what I've put here that has been wrong? Especially with Gus. It saddens me at what he is doing to this program. Gus, to his credit, and his staff have assembled, on paper, the most talent team in AU history. 4 and 5 stars. Only to have the O with a guru O head coach piss it away. Waste a championship D two years in a row because he can't get his side on the ball figured out. 

You have one of the most trusted insiders here in 23 telling you that Gus has been told, again, to stop meddling with the offense. If that does not trouble you then I'm not sure what to tell you. Sit back and eat funnel cakes, watch AU tear through the Ga Southerns of the world and enjoy 7-5 seasons with a couple of SEC wins over the Vandies and Mississippi's of the SEC. I'm not that guy.

Archived