2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, DAG said:

But do you not get how that strategy is safe playing? AU's DNA needs to be an attacking offense. We have the personnel to do that. That means it shouldn't matter if we scored in 10 seconds or 10 minutes. Leaning to the time of possession and defensive plays keep teams in the game. Against talented teams that will bite you in the butt.

I agree 100%. We could have thrown short crossing routes all day long and EEli catching a short vrossing route with the middle of the field wide open like it was he  couldI have  had a chance to get big yardage.

12 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Y'all can say what you want,. But you game plan to win a game,. Not a recruit.  If by chance they align,. Good deal,. But to say you are going all out just to get a recruit, but potentially lose a game is silliness.   

Now,. You can do that vs a Mercer etc... But not on the road vs that Clemson D.  

This. Bama  did same vs FSU 

17 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

I am not saying we could have unleashed our offense. I am saying we knew we would have trouble with Clemson dline and we wanted to move ball manage clock and take a few shots downfield. I think we tool 8 shots downfield more than we planned. U don't take a new qb into an SEC type environment against defending champs and throw the ball all over the field. We knew we had defense to win, like I said a former coach of ours and current coach of another SEC team thinks we have best defense in league. We didn't want to beat ourselves with mistakes. Plan worked for a half. I say a half because we went to half only down by 1 and had ball inside their 10 twice. We made zero adjustments at half so we got beat that's plain and simple what happened.

Well, that's just stupid.

the day just keeps getting better

Just now, jared52 said:

He's not coming to AU. Time to move on.

at this point I just do not want him to go to georgia.

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

6 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Loser with a loser mentality in that plan. 

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

Did yall see the game today. I maginwe had turned the ball over. Agaonst Clemson like that. JS is and still is rusty since we have started season. JS had very good game today for the most part. Chip called the offense today. We looked good need better oline blocking but. We Def don't need anymore turnovers like this.  we score 50 plus if not for turnovers.

Just now, austudnt23 said:

Did yall see the game today. I maginwe had turned the ball over. Agaonst Clemson like that. JS is and still is rusty since we have started season. JS had very good game today for the most part. Chip called the offense today. We looked good need better oline blocking but. We Def don't need anymore turnovers like this.  we score 50 plus if not for turnovers.

Sure did and think not playing to win is and was stupid.

6 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Man, you have some sunshine in places that we shouldn't be seeing. :D Appreciate all you bring to this board, but to think they day was anything but another scar on Gus's tenure can't be taken seriously. Yes, JS threw for a lot of yards, but he had all day due to the Mercer DL not getting much pressure. He won't have 10-12 seconds to wait for a WR to finally shake a DB and get open. JS went from a first round look to a 6th round hopeful in 6 months under Gus. What decent QB in their right mind would want to play for this guy? It would be great if JF feel in love with AU and not the coaches because at the very least, Gus and the O staff won't be here next year.

12 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Sure did and think not playing to win is and was stupid.

Following a game plan has nothing to do with not playing to win. Not adusting was problem.

3 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Following a game plan has nothing to do with not playing to win. Not adusting was problem.

When one continues to follow a poor game plan and one does not attempt to adjust, then one is not trying to win. They are trying to minimize how badly they lose.

8 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Man, you have some sunshine in places that we shouldn't be seeing. :D Appreciate all you bring to this board, but to think they day was anything but another scar on Gus's tenure can't be taken seriously. Yes, JS threw for a lot of yards, but he had all day due to the Mercer DL not getting much pressure. He won't have 10-12 seconds to wait for a WR to finally shake a DB and get open. JS went from a first round look to a 6th round hopeful in 6 months under Gus. What decent QB in their right mind would want to play for this guy? It would be great if JF feel in love with AU and not the coaches because at the very least, Gus and the O staff won't be here next year.

Lol. I am no Gus apologist trust me. The fact is we will see how much the stain looks at end of year. I promise you JS is starting to click in his head. Gus doesn't win 9 and a a bama or uga win he gone. 

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

When one continues to follow a poor game plan and one does not attempt to adjust, then one is not trying to win. They are trying to minimize how badly they lose.

I agree I just know that is the gameplan going in and I don't know why he didn't adjust.  It was a horrible move.  Do you not think our offense looked more in rhythm today.  We won who cares.  JS looked solid we got the RPO going and his int should have been a catch by NCM.  I promise alor of people going to be very surprised when we run off a streak to the Iron Bowl.  I am not saying you BIrd you know how uch talent is on this team.

11 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

I agree I just know that is the gameplan going in and I don't know why he didn't adjust.  It was a horrible move.  Do you not think our offense looked more in rhythm today.  We won who cares.  JS looked solid we got the RPO going and his int should have been a catch by NCM.  I promise alor of people going to be very surprised when we run off a streak to the Iron Bowl.  I am not saying you BIrd you know how uch talent is on this team.

Are you asking if our offense looked more in rhythm against Mercer as opposed to Clemson? The answer is yes. And so would every other team in the country. And no one is doubting the talent on this team,  it's the other components. 

29 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

actually both were a problem

I like the gameplan going in it worked for a quarter in a half.  Gus is stubborn and stayed with in entire game. He simply as a head coach doesn't have full confidence in Stidham yet. 

How many yards did JS throw for today?  I really don't know yet I am going to look it up I guess.

Just now, austudnt23 said:

I like the gameplan going in it worked for a quarter in a half.  Gus is stubborn and stayed with in entire game. He simply as a head coach doesn't have full confidence in Stidham yet. 

How many yards did JS throw for today?  I really don't know yet I am going to look it up I guess.

lots of yard but how many TD's did he pass for. 23 we have great talent but something is just not working

14 minutes ago, gctiger said:

Gus is that you?

With all due respect, this was M-E-R-C-E-R.   FREAKING MERCER!!!  We had 5 turnovers.  IMO this was a win on the score board but it was otherwise a loss. We're supposed to run a team like Mercer up and down the field, but we're also supposed to score a ton of points, and we failed to do so.  Pettway was not 100% and Gus ran him into the ground.  

Our offense has looked impressive all season.  

The last time I saw a game this disappointing was when Doug Barfield was roaming the sidelines. 

I don't feel good about the score at all.  I feel good that we actually ran the offense I have been seeing at practice in spring and summer and we seemed to look pretty good against a very weak opponent.  JS is YOUNG 6th start sophomore might as well say freshman since he was hurt most of freshman year and sat out a year.  Pettway has planter... he looked about 80% today and I expect him to run all over Missouri.  I would say we did run up and down field on Mercer.  We had Kyle Davis ruin one scoring drive, ELi drop and fumble a first down. Kam Pettway fumble a td, Stephen Roberts fumble a punt reutn that we would have had on their side of field.  I think we had 3 or 4 possessions the 2nd half not counting the last on we downded the ball on.  That's not a lot and we had 500 plus yards. DO we expect to fumble 4 times every game.  This has to be fixed.  Like I said Gus needs at least nine wins then a bowl so 10 in all and beat either UGA or bammer.  I think he will be undefeated until Iron Bowl.  I guess we will see.

7 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

lots of yard but how many TD's did he pass for. 23 we have great talent but something is just not working

It looked better today I am telling you.  Stidham made the right reads in the face of pressure a few times which was encouraging.  Kam P fumbled a td and Kyke Davis did on what would have been a td on opening drive.  These fumbles aren't going to happen a lot, and as much as they probably get worked on it in practice tis week I expect us to protect the ball very good.

17 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Are you asking if our offense looked more in rhythm against Mercer as opposed to Clemson? The answer is yes. And so would every other team in the country. And no one is doubting the talent on this team,  it's the other components. 

No I am encouraged we are running the offense I have been seeing since spring.  We executed very well today except for Oline.  I expect James back next week.  Now maybe everyone would look better against Mercer.  I am excited we executed the offense CHip installed and we have been practicing.

Archived