2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

12 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

That's true. But at the same time, I'd rather say "I'm looking forward to the future with Stidham, White, Willis, Fields, Gatewood, and Nix" than "Hey, the future is bright with Ben Leard, Gabe Gross, John Cooley, Jeff Klein, and Meiko Collier."  

There is realistic optimism, and there's delusional homerism. 

(I really liked Ben. 1 out of 5 ain't bad. Amirite!)

lol MAN them days were rough when leard broke his collarbone and Klein had to take over.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol MAN them days were rough when leard broke his collarbone and Klein had to take over.

Klein was a really nice guy.

19 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Klein was a really nice guy.

not as nice as my favorite backup Blake Fields! haha

18 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

That's true. But at the same time, I'd rather say "I'm looking forward to the future with Stidham, White, Willis, Fields, Gatewood, and Nix" than "Hey, the future is bright with Ben Leard, Gabe Gross, John Cooley, Jeff Klein, and Meiko Collier."  

There is realistic optimism, and there's delusional homerism. 

(I really liked Ben. 1 out of 5 ain't bad. Amirite!)

I went through Camp War Eagle with Meiko Collier (probably 20 years ago this month actually). All I really remember about him - The counselor asked us an icebreaker question to name someone you think is sexy. His answer: "Me". I guess the coaches didn't feel the same way?

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

That's a great question. I don't know. 

I thought it was said he was going to EE and that is why they were pushing so hard for his commitment before the season started.  Maybe I am just making all that up.

26 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

AU. 

Do the AU coaches feel an early commitment is going to happen or will Justin wait to a later date since he just de-committed from PSU?

1 minute ago, tinman said:

Do the AU coaches feel an early commitment is going to happen or will Justin wait to a later date since he just de-committed from PSU?

Not sure on that part. 

damn where we're all these QB's in 2011 and 2012? Potentially the best QB outlook I've seen in my 20 years of watching AU football. Hopefully Nix is still an Auburn lock if Fields, Willis and possibly Gatewood are already on roster. Long way to go though.

Also is Lindsey his main recruiter? A poster somewhere stated he was meh in that area. Seems like a good recruiter to me if he can pull this off(even despite some help from Cam)

39 minutes ago, brad5628AU said:

damn where we're all these QB's in 2011 and 2012? Potentially the best QB outlook I've seen in my 20 years of watching AU football. Hopefully Nix is still an Auburn lock if Fields, Willis and possibly Gatewood are already on roster. Long way to go though.

Also is Lindsey his main recruiter? A poster somewhere stated he was meh in that area. Seems like a good recruiter to me if he can pull this off(even despite some help from Cam)

Nix is on his way to visit AU as I type this. 

40 minutes ago, brad5628AU said:

Lindsey isn't a meh recruiter. Far from that  I'm told. But yes Lindsey is the main recruiter. 

42 minutes ago, brad5628AU said:

Hopefully Nix is still an Auburn lock if Fields, Willis and possibly Gatewood are already on roster. Long way to go though.

Unfortunately the big issue with that sentences is that Nix has never been an AU lock. We certainly have some advantages over other schools, but he's never indicated that he's even leaning toward choosing Auburn.

2 hours ago, tinman said:

How much does a commitment really mean with this kid?  Not trying to be a jerk, just a serious question.

15 minutes ago, AUatHeart said:

How much does a commitment really mean with this kid?  Not trying to be a jerk, just a serious question.

A commitment from the #1 (or #2 depending on source) DTQB would be huge for this class.  Getting a QB to commit early helps you to show the other O players who will be directing them in a few years.  The coaches have constantly said they are going to take another QB with JG so to get one of the best in the country would allow us to show we are looking for the best of the best.  Lots of WRs have special bonds with these QBs and want to go to a school where QB talent is abundant.  Plus this kid seems to be very likable which helps recruit OL.  OL want to: 1) play for a great OL coach; 2) play for a QB that they like.  A great QB in a class can also help your D because if the O has a lot of talent then the D wants to be there and help them win championships.

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Unfortunately the big issue with that sentences is that Nix has never been an AU lock. We certainly have some advantages over other schools, but he's never indicated that he's even leaning toward choosing Auburn.

follow the visits. It is not a lock I mean LOL look at our past history but he is at AU a lot. His dad loved his college experience at AU. He is not one Alan Evans who had a axe to grind and was bitter because he was behind the most talented rb in college fb history and held on to this for over 20 years.

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

follow the visits. It is not a lock I mean LOL look at our past history but he is at AU a lot. His dad loved his college experience at AU. He is not one Alan Evans who had a axe to grind and was bitter because he was behind the most talented rb in college fb history and held on to this for over 20 years.

I believe Nix is in Auburn as we speak or at least on his way to Auburn

Imagine how Ross and others would perceive Auburn if Fields jumped on board the Lindsey train to the NFL...And frankly that's what Fields will look at: "can this program get me to the NFL?"  

UF hasn't had an NFL QB since ??? Tebow?  FSU has J Winston and a couple of busts Manual and ??, we have Cam, UGA has only Stafford I am guessing.  I think it all comes down early playing time, receiving corps and will the OC let him showcase his talents? 

Fields is very intelligent and I doubt will be swayed by glitz and butt kissing.  Show him the best path to the NFL and we can land him.

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yup... those are the advantages... but he wouldn't be the first guy with all of that going for him who didn't go to AU. I imagine landing Fields would give him something new to think about. We're not even close to counting our chickens on Nix.

6 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Yup... those are the advantages... but he wouldn't be the first guy with all of that going for him who didn't go to AU. I imagine landing Fields would give him something new to think about. We're not even close to counting our chickens on Nix.

We get Nix if we want him. 

Archived