2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you can play your way out of a recruit then it would reason that you could also play you way back in. It's not over.

Yeah, I'm puzzled how our recent play hasn't maybe helped us. Maybe just too late in the game or maybe Fields was never really considering us. Last two weeks have looked good from a QB standpoint to a novice like me. Wish our running game was better and still wish we'd exploit the middle of the field in intermediate areas but.....??‍♂️

20 minutes ago, fredst said:

Yeah, I'm puzzled how our recent play hasn't maybe helped us. Maybe just too late in the game or maybe Fields was never really considering us. Last two weeks have looked good from a QB standpoint to a novice like me. Wish our running game was better and still wish we'd exploit the middle of the field in intermediate areas but.....??‍♂️

Georgia is doing just as good really.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Georgia is doing just as good really.

Oh, I think UGA looks very good, maybe good enough that whatever we do doesn't matter. Just think that our offense has looked a little better last 2-3 weeks to help our cause....

Just now, fredst said:

Oh, I think UGA looks very good, maybe good enough that whatever we do doesn't matter. Just think that our offense has looked a little better last 2-3 weeks to help our cause....

Georgia just seems a little more stable to him I guess.

Fields would fit in with our offense better and we dont have a TF becoming a star at the moment. So if it’s not Georgia’s stability, Gus either messed up somehow or Georgia’s cheating, because otherwise, Auburn is a better fit.

KS hasn’t faced the criticism that Gus has yet, either, so we can’t even negatively recruit him if we wanted to, also.

If we miss on Justin do y’all think we offer Torrance Gibson? He’s been to the last two home games with AU commit newkirk.

I doubt the race is over for JF, but man do I hate Uga. I wish he would visit them less, but it's in his backyard -  and thought the trip to Bama this weekend was random. 

Gus and crew usually come through with a few "surprise" recruits so we shall see. I'm still high on Joey as well! 

Plus, I still like to think a certain, former AU QB is still recruiting for us. ? 

23 minutes ago, CAS15 said:

If we miss on Justin do y’all think we offer Torrance Gibson? He’s been to the last two home games with AU commit newkirk.

I hope not.

33 minutes ago, CAS15 said:

I think we do, and from Newkirk tweeted last night it sounds like we have a really good chance to land him if want him. You can never havetoo many QBs especially us given we only have two scholaship QBs on roster. That said, I am not a huge fan of TG.  

24 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

I think we do, and from Newkirk tweeted last night it sounds like we have a really good chance to land him if want him. You can never havetoo many QBs especially us given we only have two scholaship QBs on roster. That said, I am not a huge fan of TG.  

Yeah I saw that so that’s why I brought it up. But I Totally agree. If it doesn’t work out we can all ways turn him into a WR like Ohio State did.

4 hours ago, CAS15 said:

Yes

1 hour ago, Grumps said:

Justin Fields doesn't want to have to follow Stidham. :Sing:

He knows Gatewood is the alpha, too.

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

He knows Gatewood is the alpha, too.

if he is dumb enough to go play behind a true freshmen that will most likely be undefeated going in to november and will be entrenched as the starter... HAVE AT IT!

5 hours ago, CAS15 said:

No. The staff is not budging on if they sign a 2nd QB in the class the QB must be an accurate passer. TG is about as accurate as Brandon Harris.

If JF goes to Ga. with a Freshman QB ahead of him I would love to know what Kirby is selling him on. Only a fool would believe he would beat out Fromm for the next two years.  Now that our Off. is starting to role if he really looks at the best situation to play he might start to change his mind. If he goes to Ga. he will be sitting for a while.  

WO WO WO!!! I just saw fromm's stat line for the first time from yesterday. He threw for 84 yards and THIS is the offense fields wants to go to?! lol ok. Miss ST has a much better defense than TN and we lit them up. This just means he flat out likes kirby and their staff better and is buying in to all the home state crap. 

On 9/30/2017 at 10:00 AM, CR said:

WDE, if AU has a new HC next season, any chance Nix would reconsider coming here?
Not that I blame the Nix family in the least I wouldn't want to play for Gus either.

Joey Gatewood will do just fine in Fields absence imo

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

WO WO WO!!! I just saw fromm's stat line for the first time from yesterday. He threw for 84 yards and THIS is the offense fields wants to go to?! lol ok. Miss ST has a much better defense than TN and we lit them up. This just means he flat out likes kirby and their staff better and is buying in to all the home state crap. 

Preach... with enthusiasm as always GWill!

25 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

he is just a Georgia boy....plain and sinple

he was not a few months ago. georgia was not in it at all. He grew up a huge cam fan and auburn "fan". All of this was recent. Kirby has really been preaching to these kids and it is working so far about staying home.

8 minutes ago, fredst said:

Preach... with enthusiasm as always GWill!

I. HATE. BOWL. CUT. lol I cannot say this enough. Been a thorn in Auburns side for years.

12 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

he was not a few months ago. georgia was not in it at all. He grew up a huge cam fan and auburn "fan". All of this was recent. Kirby has really been preaching to these kids and it is working so far about staying home.

the kid loves his home state ...it played a big factor..combine that with UGA showing some relevance, and Kirby’s enthusiasm..there u have it..he from Georgia, and has a lot of loyalty for home...Keep in mind he went from committed to PSU, a almost certain for FSU, then AU....now solid to UGA. I guess we will get to see how him and Joey do against each other. Joey has been locked in with AU through an OC change and amid all the Gus negative recruiting. I think AU will be just fine at the QB position without Fields.

Archived