2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

Just now, PoetTiger said:

the kid loves his home state ...it played a big factor..combine that with UGA showing some relevance, and Kirby’s enthusiasm..there u have it..he from Georgia, and has a lot of loyalty for home...Keep in mind he went from committed to PSU, a almost certain for FSU, then AU....now solid to UGA. I guess we will get to see how him and Joey do against each other. Joey has been locked in with AU through an OC change and amid all the Gus negative recruiting. I think AU will be just fine at the QB position without Fields.

I think joey G is a stud and we will be more than fine especially if we get BO in 2019. I JUST HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE georgia getting a qb this good. If he went to fsu I would not think twice about justin fields again.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I think joey G is a stud and we will be more than fine especially if we get BO in 2019. I JUST HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE georgia getting a qb this good. If he went to fsu I would not think twice about justin fields again.

i agree i loathe UGA in all ways...same level as my feeling toward Updyke U...hopefully they implode down the stretch and he has a change of heart....particularly about their QB depth chart and style of play.

I would LOVE to have fields and hate thuga to get him. That said, I feel very good about Malik Willis going forward. He fits no doubt and I think he makes our offense really go. Then JG  And maybe Nix so on and so on. We are not without....just with out fields. 

I know it ain't over till it's over  (as Yogi would say) but according to an article I read on SEC Country, when it comes to JF coming to Auburn it's pretty much over. The article said the coaches have felt it was over for the past month. I hate it, but it is what it is.

15 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

the kid loves his home state ...it played a big factor..combine that with UGA showing some relevance, and Kirby’s enthusiasm..there u have it..he from Georgia, and has a lot of loyalty for home...Keep in mind he went from committed to PSU, a almost certain for FSU, then AU....now solid to UGA. I guess we will get to see how him and Joey do against each other. Joey has been locked in with AU through an OC change and amid all the Gus negative recruiting. I think AU will be just fine at the QB position without Fields.

Sigh. I explained what happened here. We played our way out of it with Fields. Plain and simple. It happens. 

it was not realistic that Auburn get Stidham, who is a stud, Joey who could become a stud, Nix who could become a stud and Fields....???  think about it.  Nobody has that kind of depth.

It's all good.  I too would never bet against Joey based on what he has done this year. 

2 minutes ago, Beaker said:

it was not realistic that Auburn get Stidham, who is a stud, Joey who could become a stud, Nix who could become a stud and Fields....???  think about it.  Nobody has that kind of depth.

It's all good.  I too would never bet against Joey based on what he has done this year. 

Other teams do it from time to time. It's not unheard of. 

The only one we would have lost out of that group as a result of signing the others is Gatewood. Not saying that wouldn't have been a big deal, but those other guys didn't play into Fields's decision.

We needed to show a QB-friendly offense early. Not saying we would have gotten him, but it was our only chance. We failed miserably. 

Why did this move? Sorry, just curious what the criteria is. I read something about a silent commit, but wasn’t sure if he had announced anything...

Hate to see Fields verbally commit to UGA.  I just don't understand it with Fromm and Eason, Fields would not see the field until his redshirt sophomore year.  UGA is probably selling him on the probability that they will go to the SEC championship every year.  Which is true, but not saying much.  The East is terrible.  A joke really.  It is like Georgia Tech bragging they go to the ACC championship every year when everyone knows his team will never be relevant (maybe a few UGA upsets here and there).

Nothing I can do about it however.  We still have the possibility of Stidham returning, and Malik Willis being here for at least 2 more years.  Add Gatewood and possibly Nix, I think we will do fine.  Also, as our offense becomes better and more stable, you will see big recruits come to us.

I still am waiting for JF to sign his letter of intent though.  If you recall, Big Cat and Derrick Brown were both supposed to commit to UGA and look where they ended up.

19 hours ago, AidiAU said:

Why did this move?

See SECCountry article on previous page.

19 hours ago, AidiAU said:

Sorry, just curious what the criteria is? . I read something about a silent commit, but wasn’t sure if he had announced anything...

Auburn moving on from a recruit or AU being out of it for a recruit which happened here. An official announcement doesn't have to be made for a thread to be moved. An AU reporter saying AU is out of it is enough for the move. In this case 2 separate sources, SEC Country & Keith, are reporting it.

7 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I still am waiting for JF to sign his letter of intent though.  If you recall, Big Cat and Derrick Brown were both supposed to commit to UGA and look where they ended up.

Yes but we were in it much more with those guys at the same time than we are here now.

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 10:23 AM, Beaker said:

If Ga. gets him they will have Eason , Fromm and Fields all for the next two years.

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 10:11 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Sigh. I explained what happened here. We played our way out of it with Fields. Plain and simple. It happens. 

How do you figure this? Our QB play has been better. We have thrown for over 1100 yds while they have thrown for over 700. We are scoring 34 per game while they are at 33 per game. Total offense for us is 431 ppg while there's is 387.

I don't think he is coming to AU nor really ever was, but I am not sure how you get to "we played our way out of it".

5 hours ago, bg5 said:

If Ga. gets him they will have Eason , Fromm and Fields all for the next two years.

Rumor is that Eason will be transferring back to west coast.  UGA has moved on to State Farm.

6 hours ago, 80Tiger said:

How do you figure this? Our QB play has been better. We have thrown for over 1100 yds while they have thrown for over 700. We are scoring 34 per game while they are at 33 per game. Total offense for us is 431 ppg while there's is 387.

I don't think he is coming to AU nor really ever was, but I am not sure how you get to "we played our way out of it".

I agree with this. We may be out of it now but if that is the case I have a hard time believing we were ever really in it. 

Are we still considering two QBs this cycle and if so, is NR'd Littlejohn our main target (see recruiting thread here)? Hard to believe coming off his QB injury scenario @ ASU that Chip Lyndsey is only looking to sign one QB w/ SEC potential this cycle.  

16 hours ago, 80Tiger said:

Our QB play has been better for 2 weeks. Fields always said he was going to watch a few weeks of college ball and then make his decision. We were out of it before Gus pulled head from ass and let our OC who was brought in specifically to improve the passing game start doing his job. 

Prior to that, this offense was not even remotely QB-friendly. And we're still barely throwing anything but bubble screens and downfield bombs. Most importantly, we're not throwing in the redzone. It's great that we're scoring 34 per game. Not even 1/5th of those points are coming through the air. 

It's not about whether we're winning or losing, or the offense putting up big numbers. When a kid is factoring in how teams are playing when choosing a program... er, school... he's looking at his position and whether or not he's going to be able to succeed and get elevated in the draft by going there. Is he going to be coached well and get prepared for the NFL? 

As for UGA, their starter got hurt and the next guy is a true freshman. Also, you saw our game against Clemson, right? Guess what UGA was doing at the exact same time? Beating Notre Dame on the road. Again, our results against Clemson weren't particularly important, but we were a complete mess with no identity. And we definitely didn't look like a program that will feature the QB in a positive way. If we're comparing where the programs are right now in terms of perception, UGA is far ahead of us. 

32 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Are we still considering two QBs this cycle and if so, is NR'd Littlejohn our main target (see recruiting thread here)? Hard to believe coming off his QB injury scenario @ ASU that Chip Lyndsey is only looking to sign one QB w/ SEC potential this cycle.  

AU may sign 2 but it is not a given now since Joey is apparently developing so well. Littlejohn is not a main target. AU hasn't talked to him in a while. I'm not sure there is a main target yet but if we sign a 2nd QB the premium will be placed on accuracy.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Our QB play has been better for 2 weeks. Fields always said he was going to watch a few weeks of college ball and then make his decision. We were out of it before Gus pulled head from ass and let our OC who was brought in specifically to improve the passing game start doing his job. 

Prior to that, this offense was not even remotely QB-friendly. And we're still barely throwing anything but bubble screens and downfield bombs. Most importantly, we're not throwing in the redzone. It's great that we're scoring 34 per game. Not even 1/5th of those points are coming through the air. 

It's not about whether we're winning or losing, or the offense putting up big numbers. When a kid is factoring in how teams are playing when choosing a program... er, school... he's looking at his position and whether or not he's going to be able to succeed and get elevated in the draft by going there. Is he going to be coached well and get prepared for the NFL? 

As for UGA, their starter got hurt and the next guy is a true freshman. Also, you saw our game against Clemson, right? Guess what UGA was doing at the exact same time? Beating Notre Dame on the road. Again, our results against Clemson weren't particularly important, but we were a complete mess with no identity. And we definitely didn't look like a program that will feature the QB in a positive way. If we're comparing where the programs are right now in terms of perception, UGA is far ahead of us. 

The original poster said that we had played our way of JF. No caveats to how many games JF would watch or whether the starter was hurt and replaced. Just that we played our way our of JF. All I was asking is how is that. Our offensive stats are better than UGA almost across the board. You want to add how many RZ passes and what type passes are being thrown. While all that may be part of JF process, how do you know that? Have you talked to him? How do you know JF was going to watch just a few weeks before making his decision?  If that is the case has he committed somewhere?

18 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

The original poster said that we had played our way of JF. No caveats to how many games JF would watch or whether the starter was hurt and replaced. Just that we played our way our of JF. All I was asking is how is that. Our offensive stats are better than UGA almost across the board. You want to add how many RZ passes and what type passes are being thrown. While all that may be part of JF process, how do you know that? Have you talked to him? How do you know JF was going to watch just a few weeks before making his decision?  If that is the case has he committed somewhere?

Lol. You asked and I answered. It's cool if you don't like the answer. I have no interest in a big argument over it. I could be wrong. Often am. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

Lol. You asked and I answered. It's cool if you don't like the answer. I have no interest in a big argument over it. I could be wrong. Often am. 

Not arguing and I am not saying about you. You offered some explanation to the OP.. But some on here have agendas and will shape whatever they say to fit their narrative. Some think that all things bad are on Gus while anything good belongs to someone else. The OP said we had "played our way out of it". The statistics don't bear that out. You brought some points that can be considered but the OP made a blunt statement without any support. The OP is a Gus hater and that is his prerogative, but he needs to support definitive statements.

Archived