2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s October.   Getting your undies in a bunch over a commitment now is silly.  He sees UGA looking good right now.  See how he feels after the season and we beat UGA.  

14 minutes ago, InfernoOrangeSS said:

It’s October.   Getting your undies in a bunch over a commitment now is silly.  He sees UGA looking good right now.  See how he feels after the season and we beat UGA.  

How about let him go ? Already decommitted from a school once .

Just is not a bright move for his skill set . Yes he will be good cause he is a good enough passer but going to more of spread team he really could have flourished . I live in Gainesville Ga  and hate UGA more than bama , guess I'm just bitter cause looks like Kirby is going to do well . They have always brought in big time talent but they are going to become elite in the recruiting world . Going to end up like DJ Shockley sitting behind Fromm playing sparely. On other note really do like Joey , just really concerned about depth . Very scared if Jarret goes to draft we are looking at a kodi burns/Jonathon Wallace situation at QB

2 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

Sorry brother, I call BS on this one. He will not unseat Fromm, and neither will Eason. Eason will wind up transferring, and Fields will ride the pine for at least the next 2 years. 

Lol okay I’ll bump it when he starts next season. Unless Fromm progresses a lot more over the season and off season Fields will come in and take the job. Eason will transfer. If you think Justin came to sit the bench for two years you are sadly mistaken. He’s the best prospect since Watson. Might be better by the end of it too. 

7 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

Kid has made a mistake. Just had too much mutt in him I guess. Kirby got him to keep him away from us, and others. Not a bright move by the kid.

Too much “Gus being Gus” from what people that know things say. Seems smart enough of a kid with a good family system, that would have picked au if he felt it was best for him

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

Too much “Gus being Gus” from what people that know things say. Seems smart enough of a kid with a good family system, that would have picked au if he felt it was best for him

Gus being Gus has landed us a very high level of talent for the past several years. There are people in the know, and then there are people who hate Gus and say stuff that has no basis in fact. Watch closely with this in mind and you'll soon learn to distinguish between the two.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Gus being Gus has landed us a very high level of talent for the past several years. There are people in the know, and then there are people who hate Gus and say stuff that has no basis in fact. Watch closely with this in mind and you'll soon learn to distinguish between the two.

Fact is, gus hasn’t attracted top qb prospects to au , when he does  I will listen to the other. au should have ones flocking to start for au

We are 0 for 2 with Georgia QBs who grew up with Cam as their idol in getting them to Auburn. I thought after Cam we would be THE place to go for elite DT qbs. Has not come even close to happening. Joey G is a huge Cam fan so at least Cam netted us him and one stud DT QB.

7 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Fact is, gus hasn’t attracted top qb prospects to au , when he does  I will listen to the other. au should have ones flocking to start for au

There's this guy named Stidham....

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

We are 0 for 2 with Georgia QBs who grew up with Cam as their idol in getting them to Auburn. I thought after Cam we would be THE place to go for elite DT qbs. Has not come even close to happening. Joey G is a huge Cam fan so at least Cam netted us him and one stud DT QB.

0-2 with Georgia QB's is surprising, why? The biggest thing surprising about our recruiting in Georgia is that we are able to do so well there. This "idle" business is, and always has been, a non-factor in recruiting. Kids look at their current, personal situation when choosing a school, not what happened years ago.

17 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Lol okay I’ll bump it when he starts next season. Unless Fromm progresses a lot more over the season and off season Fields will come in and take the job. Eason will transfer. If you think Justin came to sit the bench for two years you are sadly mistaken. He’s the best prospect since Watson. Might be better by the end of it too. 

I definitely see where you are coming from, but I could also see this becoming a situation like Hurts/Tagovailoa. It hard to take the keys away from someone who has had proven success, even if the other guy might look slightly better on paper of even the practice field.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

That's credits his recruitment to his relationship with Lashlee...

Name the last highly rated HS QB ,that signed with Gus out of HS, that has found success with Gus and his offense... 

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Come on now Mikey, you know I meant coming out of HS. When does anybody say “ My coach is great at landing high profile transfer QBs!”

20 hours ago, InfernoOrangeSS said:

He won’t decommit from another school. Already did that once.

22 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Smart is building a monster in Athens. 

It is still too early to post this, but I am very concerned that you may be right.

wde

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

Lol. Fields was AU's to lose and we screwed up. Plain and simple. Even 23 who is a huge Gus fan said the same. 

We doing ting the same with another QB. One from the Bham area. And that info isn't because of my dislike for Gus. Straight from the high school coaching ranks. And the AU coaches know this also. On damage control with the kid now. Thanks to people like me who relay info like this to the right people. Even if we dislike the coach or not. 

10 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Lol. Fields was AU's to lose and we screwed up. Plain and simple. Even 23 who is a huge Gus fan said the same. 

We doing ting the same with another QB. One from the Bham area. And that info isn't because of my dislike for Gus. Straight from the high school coaching ranks. And the AU coaches know this also. On damage control with the kid now. Thanks to people like me who relay info like this to the right people. Even if we dislike the coach or not. 

I remember both of you saying that...I want to know how we totally screwed up. I’m guessing it’s due to the play calling and rusty start our offense had? Even so, wouldn’t (if he grew up loving AU and Cam) wait a little bit to see how the team he did love improves or crumbles? If he was waiting to see how we would play, he still went to uga like a billion times....

Aside from the above, I can’t help but wonder if the softball drama (even though his sister is committed to uga) and now the basketball drama played a role in his decision. 

My next question, if we are doing the same to another qb, what the hell are we doing? 

And, does AU totally back off? The kid made a video, seems legit as in not flipping, but do we really just stop pursuing the top recruit who was ours to lose? 

And I am not doubting anything you share (honestly love the insights)! 

14 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Come on now Mikey, you know I meant coming out of HS. When does anybody say “ My coach is great at landing high profile transfer QBs!”

I guess guys say that whose coach landed Cam Newton, Nick Marshall and now Stidham. Is there some kind of asterisk beside the games we won with these QB's? I haven't noticed that.

14 hours ago, bigbird said:

That's credits his recruitment to his relationship with Lashlee...

Name the last highly rated HS QB ,that signed with Gus out of HS, that has found success with Gus and his offense... 

There are none, In fact, Gus loses many, many more recruits than he lands. Watson to Fields and every year in between AU has been in the driver's seat for four or more of the top five QB's in the nation and Gus bungles it at the last minute. It's a wonder we can even field 20 or so guys to have a team. The team we have this year, they all just came here because they love Auburn. Gus had nothing to do with it. In fact, they are all walkons who enrolled at AU and decided to play football here in spite of Gus. Forget that a high percentage of today's players say that Gus was the main factor in their coming here, that can't possibly be correct, right? I mean what do the players themselves know about it?

Now, about that "rumor" rule: Is there a link somewhere, anywhere but on this message board, that indicates Auburn was ever leading for Fields? I never saw it. Would also appreciate a link on how we have done something horrible and have now lost Young Master Nix. I call BS on that, since he was at the game today. So I'd like a link explaining just what evil thing we did. Otherwise it's just a self-serving rumor.

13 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

We doing ting the same with another QB. One from the Bham area. And that info isn't because of my dislike for Gus.

Got a link to confirm that rumor?

Archived