2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

11 hours ago, bigbird said:

Similar in what way?  One was clueless about a player and one didn't follow up on a promise that was made. Gus lost credibility with the Stidhams after JJ balked, fair or not. Chip came in and secured JS after selling him on his offense...not Gus'.

Maybe the Stidham family has enough sense to know that the AD stepped in and dictated the hiring. Or are you saying they are dense? Stidham had his choice of some, what, 110 schools? So he chooses one where he doesn't like the head coach? Why in the name of Jehoshaphat would anybody in Stidham's position do that? He had options. But wait! A previously unknown assistant steps in and they decide to come to Auburn because of that and in spite of the head coach? This story line only works for the Gus haters because it defies common sense.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Fromm passed for 84 and 102 yards the last 2 weeks. IDK why they get a pass for basically running the 2013 AU offense with less zone reads.  He was just looking for any excuse to go to georgia at this point. Momma won out. We always were told she was a big pups fan and dad was the one who was open minded. I am just mad there were a much different higher standards for us than georgia who NO ONE would mistake for running the air raid offense this year. Stidham has over 400 more yards passing yards than fromm.

I don’t care what anyone says this kid was not coming to AU. He probably said all the right things in the media , but he was going to go to UGA.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I don’t care what anyone says this kid was not coming to AU. He probably said all the right things in the media , but he was going to go to UGA.

that is very clear when you look at the amount of visits he visited georgia after he droped Penn ST. He only visited us and it seemed like he immediately was gone as soon as he got here haha.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

that is very clear when you look at the amount of visits he visited georgia after he droped Penn ST. He only visited us and it seemed like he immediately was gone as soon as he got here haha.

Which is why I did my whole 180 about wanting him. Why waste time with someone like that . Already got JG. Let’s build more depth for this class and sure up Bo Nix for next year.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Which is why I did my whole 180 about wanting him. Why waste time with someone like that . Already got JG. Let’s build more depth for this class and sure up Bo Nix for next year.

I am down with that plan. Joey G is a stud and a grown ass man in stature and bo nix will be the second coming of stidham. he is a amazing thrower of the fball.

If JG was in a traditional high school situation where he was the starter the past couple of years, there's no doubt in my mind he would have put up sick numbers and have a 5 Star rating. The fact he hasn't is a plus for AU. He's remained solid to us.  Can't wait to get him on campus. And the best way to neutralize UGAs recruiting momentum is to start kicking their rear end on the field. Starting in 2017. WDE?!

1 hour ago, ToomersStreet said:

Maybe someone should have told Justin Fields that Gus is an offensive genius. 

Fields should have watched the last three games. For the first time ever, AU scored 40 or more points in 3 consecutive SEC contests. For the first time in 30 years (since 1987) Auburn won 3 consecutive SEC games by more than 20 points. Gus lookin' pretty good in the offensive genius department at the moment.

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

Fields should have watched the last three games. For the first time ever, AU scored 40 or more points in 3 consecutive SEC contests. For the first time in 30 years (since 1987) Auburn won 3 consecutive SEC games by more than 20 points. Gus lookin' pretty good in the offensive genius department at the moment.

I thought Chip was running the O?

On 10/11/2017 at 8:14 PM, ToomersStreet said:

Maybe someone should have told Justin Fields that Gus is an offensive genius. 

he would have laughed at them and asked what they were smoking.

On 10/12/2017 at 9:52 AM, ToomersStreet said:

I thought Chip was running the O?

It works like this: When good things are happening on offense, Chip is running it. When bad things happen, it's Gus's offense. See how convenient it is?

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

It works like this: When good things are happening on offense, Chip is running it. When bad things happen, it's Gus's offense. See how convenient it is?

As a correlation, when Chip is running the O unfettered, it looks balanced, smooth, and effective. When Gus dictates what plays to run and when to run them, it looks confused, sluggish, and predictable.  So you are absolutely right, when Chip runs the O its good, When Gus gets in the way, it looks bad.  

On 10/8/2017 at 9:01 AM, bigbird said:

Wrong. Players commit to a school, not a coach. That's why players remain at schools during coaching changes and such. In fact, most recruiters specifically tell recruits to commit to the school.

Another thing, JS was told by all involved that Kendall Briles was going to be the OC. In fact, Gus had a meeting with Rhett and the Stidhams assuring him that KB would be the OC after Rhett was replaced. JJ balked at that and JS almost committed to TAMU. Chip was brought in and Chip, not Gus, had to sell JS on coming to AU. The Stidhams felt lied to and Chip had to put out those fires. I'm sorry those FACTS don't bolster your "Gus is the greatest ever" argument.

100% correct.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

As a correlation, when Chip is running the O unfettered, it looks balanced, smooth, and effective. When Gus dictates what plays to run and when to run them, it looks confused, sluggish, and predictable.  So you are absolutely right, when Chip runs the O its good, When Gus gets in the way, it looks bad.  

What came first, the chicken or the egg? Unless fans have a plug-in to the headsets, who knows what coach called what play? You're right back to the convenient stance: "If a play works, credit Chip, if a play fails, blame Gus."

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

What came first, the chicken or the egg? Unless fans have a plug-in to the headsets, who knows what coach called what play? You're right back to the convenient stance: "If a play works, credit Chip, if a play fails, blame Gus."

That's easy, God Didn't create eggs.

If you can't tell a difference, then there is no way to have this conversation. Its blatantly obvious to anyone with a semblance of football IQ that our offense lately has changed. I'm not saying Gus is calling the plays, but he has definitely influenced what plays were called and when. Lately, The balance, the sequence of play calls, and the routes are all better. That's not Gus.

10 hours ago, fredst said:

I can’t believe Fields didn’t want to play in the offense he saw this past Saturday. Oh well, his loss....

"Gus is looking pretty good in the offensive genius department."

BTW I have not seen it talked about anywhere on here but we really need to get Dell McGee out of Athens and bring him home when hopefully the new coach is hired this winter. He is turning in to a elite recruiter. I have read a lot of places that said he was a huge factor on getting the ball rolling of fields to georgia.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived