2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

1 hour ago, auskull said:

I think that can be said about most P5 programs. Look at us pre and post Stidham, light years difference.

Actually, if you run the numbers against the teams where we weren't hurt, we're 4 points per game different. Not dogging Stidham, he's the man and the best QB we've had since Cam, but our offense would rock with any solid QB. I argue the Mullen lives and dies by having a QB who can make something out of nothing because he's a great QB coach, but not a great offensive strategist or play caller.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Actually, if you run the numbers against the teams where we weren't hurt, we're 4 points per game different. Not dogging Stidham, he's the man and the best QB we've had since Cam, but our offense would rock with any solid QB. I argue the Mullen lives and dies by having a QB who can make something out of nothing because he's a great QB coach, but not a great offensive strategist or play caller.

Nick Marshall?

3 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Nick Marshall?

Stidham is a MUCH better QB than Nick. Nick is actually in a classification all his own that I don't know if we will ever see again, since a combination of rule changes and D coordinators have rendered the offense he ran so well a non-factor. Put Nick in this offense and we wouldn't be where we are (see Willis's one play on Saturday).

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

Stidham is a MUCH better QB than Nick. Nick is actually in a classification all his own that I don't know if we will ever see again, since a combination of rule changes and D coordinators have rendered the offense he ran so well a non-factor. Put Nick in this offense and we wouldn't be where we are (see Willis's one play on Saturday).

2013 was a wild time in college football. No sarcasm at all. I remember now, our offense was so unstoppable the NCAA literally had to make new rules lol.

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

2013 was a wild time in college football. No sarcasm at all. I remember now, our offense was so unstoppable the NCAA literally had to make new rules lol.

Yup... I bring it up time and time again, but one thing that stood out to me is when David Pollak said that our offense was basically cheating because passes looked like runs and runs looked like passes.

Imagine how good we would have been with something even resembling our current D.

So what is this kid thinking by picking UGA? Fromm solidified his spot as Georgia's starter for the rest of his college career.  Fields is going to sit the bench for 2 years, maybe even 3 years before he ever see's legit playing time. He could compete for the starting job at UF, LSU, ATM, and even at Auburn if Stidham leaves or stays 1 more year. 

15 minutes ago, mickeyspano said:

Perhaps he just did not want to come here because of the inconsistent support from the fan base.

So he chose Georgia?

32 minutes ago, mickeyspano said:

Perhaps he just did not want to come here because of the inconsistent support from the fan base.

There were Bammers wanting to fire Saban after the Iron Bowl. Anyhow, lets try not to derail the thread. 

I'm semi hoping for him to decommit, but practically speaking I don't understand a kid with his potential wanting to sit on the bench for years.

1 hour ago, TigerFanAU said:

So what is this kid thinking by picking UGA? Fromm solidified his spot as Georgia's starter for the rest of his college career.  Fields is going to sit the bench for 2 years, maybe even 3 years before he ever see's legit playing time. He could compete for the starting job at UF, LSU, ATM, and even at Auburn if Stidham leaves or stays 1 more year. 

He's "pulling a Tua"

1 hour ago, TigerFanAU said:

Not sure he ends up there. UF has become a huge factor with Mullen now the HC.

58 minutes ago, mickeyspano said:

Not an issue at all. JF is surprisingly fickle. He has been "in love" w/ 3 teams at various points in his recruitment & could be on the way to a 4th.

30 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

lets try not to derail the thread. 

Doesn't matter. This is a guy that AU stopped recruiting over a month ago. I don't see why so many on the board are still posting about him.

On 12/5/2017 at 8:34 AM, mickeyspano said:

That's has to be it because UGA fans never get down on a coach, not even the ones that have multiple 10 win seasons. 

11 hours ago, AU04ever said:

That's has to be it because UGA fans never get down on a coach, not even the ones that have multiple 10 win seasons. 

Good point

On 12/5/2017 at 8:34 AM, mickeyspano said:

Nice shot!!!!

Now, do we dare think that the fact that he has a sister on the softball team at UGA and that his mom is and has been pushing very hard for UGA might have just a little to do with his commitment to the DullDawgs?

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Nice shot!!!!

Now, do we dare think that the fact that he has a sister on the softball team at UGA and that his mom is and has been pushing very hard for UGA might have just a little to do with his commitment to the DullDawgs?

I think the mom factor wasn't nearly as pivotal as the talking heads made it out to be. His dad always seemed like the one who was doing the talking. I think Kirby just showed him what he wanted to see and it was the home state factor. 

@fredst I apologize for EVER calling Greg Brown a goober!!!! I mean look at Jim Chaney.................. lol woof.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok now that this is officially over and done with (even though we were out of it a long time ago) Can we get the real story of what happened? We did not finish third let alone second for this kid we were honestly 4th behind some combo of florida and fsu. Kid clearly did not like AU. He was not feeling us at all. I do not care what any insider said. After he officially dropped Penn St he had one public unofficial visit to us that lasted for only a few hours. It seemed like he could not get out of Auburn fast enough. He quickly bolted and went up to athens and stayed for the whole weekend. Yet people insisted we were in it more than people and the public perception thought. In reality that should of been a big red flashing warning sign of when we lost out on him for good. 

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Speaking of Athens, did you see where Fields is exploring MLB and might not sign with UGA?

Article link?  Very interested in reading that.

Archived