2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

9 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

There is no way in the world that bowl cut will let this kid transfer to Auburn. We need to go ahead and move on from that pipe dream. 

But I don’t wanna.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CameronCrazy said:

There is no way in the world that bowl cut will let this kid transfer to Auburn. We need to go ahead and move on from that pipe dream. 

Pretty soon, he won't be able to stop him with the transfer rule taking effect.

Not sure what he can do behind the scenes REC style  

Could this be a reason to not want KB?

4 hours ago, TigerFanAU said:

He did not. He's played in 7 games. Every Georgia board I lurk on is talking about this topic. Fromm being only a sophomore and Kirby unwilling to create packages or play Fields in meaningful situations. The elephant in the room is that Fields could start at 80% of schools, but is being used for mop up duty. 

Yup.. He has a Gem & isn't using him. If nothing else Kirby could use him like Meyer did Tebow as a freshman or my Saints are now with Taysom Hill.

3 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

There is no way in the world that bowl cut will let this kid transfer to Auburn.

He doesn't have a say anymore per the new rules.

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Could this be a reason to not want KB?

You mean Fields or transfer rules in general. No to both FWIW.

53 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You mean Fields or transfer rules in general. No to both FWIW.

Referring to Fields. I would rather take Fields instead of KB, that's what I was hinting at. 

4 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Referring to Fields. I would rather take Fields instead of KB, that's what I was hinting at. 

Doubt our staff has any real knowledge of JF potentially transferring if he does.

New Transfer rules does not protect coaches from blocking transfers within conference though right?

By ASSOCIATED PRESS 
June 13, 2018

College athletes will no longer need permission from their coach or school to transfer and receive financial aid from another school.

The NCAA Division I Council approved the change Wednesday. It takes effect Oct. 15.

The long-awaited transfer reform ended up being a narrow change, but should provide more freedom for athletes to transfer when and where they want.

Under the new rule, athletes would be permitted to be contacted when they notify their current coaches, who have two days to enter the names into a database created and managed by the NCAA that will alert schools who can be recruited. The change will come with stricter tampering rules to help appease coaches who worry illegal recruiting could rise.

Currently, an athlete must ask a coach for permission to contact other schools when choosing to transfer. A school interested in recruiting a transferring player also must ask the current school for permission to recruit. Without permission from the original school, the athlete cannot get financial aid from another school, essentially blocking a transfer.

Nicholas Clark, a former football player at Coastal Carolina and a member of a student representative on the council, said the change promotes fairness and the well-being of college athletes.

''This creates a safe place for student-athletes to have a conversation with their coaches and makes the whole process more transparent,'' Clark said.

Standoffs between athletes and coaches over transfers have often led to embarrassing results for schools standing in the way of players who want to leave. Last spring at Kansas State, reserve receiver Corey Sutton said he was blocked him from transferring to 35 schools by coach Bill Snyder before the school finally relented amid public pressure.

Even with the new rule, conferences could still restrict athletes from transferring within the league.

25 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Even with the new rule, conferences could still restrict athletes from transferring within the league.

The commissioner has intervened allowing conditional waivers for graduate athletes to transfer intra conference. Won’t help with Fields but could help with others. If Fields wants to play here, he’d have to sit a year.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17285673/sec-allows-maurice-smith-transfer-alabama-crimson-tide-georgia-bulldogs

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

New Transfer rules does not protect coaches from blocking transfers within conference though right?

Not anymore as of 13 days ago.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

I’d have to see that in a rulebook which I haven’t.  I’ve learned not to take reporters on their articles on transfers and recruiting rules.  I haven’t heard of such a thing and I know more about this stuff than 99% of the reporters covering college football. It would be nice if these reporters would start linking rules when they post and interpretation.

Just noticed the above article was dated June 13. The  rule I’m talking about went into effect October 15,  Less than two weeks ago so the article was outdated. 

Archived