2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Agreed. Let's keep Jarrett Stidham around for a few years. Let's make him regret his decision. 

Mix in Malik Willis and Joey Gatewood and I’m a happy girl! 

I wanted Fields badly, but have always said that I don’t want someone who doesn’t fully want to be at AU 100%. 

You guys clearly do not understand the recruiting process. IF a guy like Fields wants to change his mind and come to Auburn, then you welcome him with open arms! Whether it’s in June, November, or signing day, I’ll take this guy in a heartbeat

23 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

You guys clearly do not understand the recruiting process. IF a guy like Fields wants to change his mind and come to Auburn, then you welcome him with open arms! Whether it’s in June, November, or signing day, I’ll take this guy in a heartbeat

I think people understand the recruiting process but some of us object to being jerked around by a 17 or 18 year.  And we understand it's a hard decision.....but at some point we hope that commitment means commitment.   And sure, if he changes his mind, we will be more than happy about it....but many of us are not going to lose sleep over a kid that decides to go elsewhere. I think that was the point. 

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I think people understand the recruiting process but some of us object to being jerked around by a 17 or 18 year.  And we understand it's a hard decision.....but at some point we hope that commitment means commitment.   And sure, if he changes his mind, we will be more than happy about it....but many of us are not going to lose sleep over a kid that decides to go elsewhere. I think that was the point. 

That, and I personally have loved Joey’s attitude and dedication from the beginning. Players like that are special. I believe KJ was the same way. 

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I can understand that. But I do not agree with the logic that we simply don’t want a kid because Auburn wasn’t his 1st choice. The recruiting process isn’t over until the kid signs on the dotted line. The “not going to back down” attitude that we had on defense last night is the same attitude that we should have in recruiting.

7 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

I can understand that. But I do not agree with the logic that we simply don’t want a kid because Auburn wasn’t his 1st choice. The recruiting process isn’t over until the kid signs on the dotted line. The “not going to back down” attitude that we had on defense last night is the same attitude that we should have in recruiting.

As noted, it's nice when a kid like Joey G makes a decision and then sticks to it.....but you can't give up on a good prospect without a good try

Yet...there is some happy medium involved....I really was not happy about the two AU HS kids that we lusted after for weeks at a time......took on the appearance of an auction or something.    AU is a great place for an athlete to get a good education and also play sports.....and I keep hoping the factors of a decision are sometimes in that order.      . 

12 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Yeah change is mind for a 3rd time , right ? And only because he sees the results afterwards would he be doing something like that . I rather pass on me first guys. We got a potentially great QB in JG who we built a solid foundation with. Why ruin that?

12 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Wasn’t his 1st or 2nd choice. Do you understand the recruiting process?

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:51 PM, CameronCrazy said:

This.  We need another qb this class and getting the best qb in the past 5 years would be a good choice imo.  I believe JG has as much potential but will have to be developed.  MW is a stud but if JF wants to switch to AU we will welcome him with open arms.

34 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

After months of pondering, I still can’t figure out how JF fits into UGA’s offense

He doesn't.  They have sold him on the fact they want to change the offense and mold it around JF.  JF doesn't want to run like say Cam did but you have to have an offense that can show off his legs. 

4 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

He doesn't.  They have sold him on the fact they want to change the offense and mold it around JF.  JF doesn't want to run like say Cam did but you have to have an offense that can show off his legs. 

Yep, I feel you all the way. Smh just seems crazy to me 23. IMO uga is one of the teams least suited to his strengths and it would take a couple seasons to revamp the offense. I’ll definitely be interested to see how all of that plays out

I just don't agree on the getting jerked around by 17-18 year olds. He committed to a school as a 3* i believe with not many power 5 offers. Blows up and gets attention giving AU a chance to recruit him. He feels he gave AU enough time to show that Gus and Co weren't selling him a crock.

If he comes back into the fold I will be ecstatic. I won't blame him one bit for not just taking Auburn at their word

On 11/12/2017 at 1:26 PM, AidiAU said:

Mix in Malik Willis and Joey Gatewood and I’m a happy girl! 

I wanted Fields badly, but have always said that I don’t want someone who doesn’t fully want to be at AU 100%. 

If he chose AU and signed with AU, wouldn't that mean he was 100% AU?

Just now, jared52 said:

If he chose AU and signed with AU, wouldn't that mean he was 100% AU?

This. lol if he signs he is all Auburn. I have not been told this so TIFWIW but I believe he will visit for Iron Bowl and maybe give us an official afterwards.  If he visits it will be kept quite until someone sees him on campus and reports it lol.

Just now, austudnt23 said:

This. lol if he signs he is all Auburn. I have not been told this so TIFWIW but I believe he will visit for Iron Bowl and maybe give us an official afterwards.  If he visits it will be kept quite until someone sees him on campus and reports it lol.

Can I have the first guess on who would report something like that?

Just now, jared52 said:

Can I have the first guess on who would report something like that?

Wasn't it Warblogle or something like that who reported on DW?  I can promise you that it will be kept very quite until he is seen at game or on campus.  Now this is just my opinion from how he was feeling before he committed to UGA after we had a couple bad offensive performances. He has always known that he fits into our scheme better than any of his other finalists no matter what he has said.  Ik he stated before FSU suited him best, but he told our staff he felt like we were the best fit for him offensively.  UGA is a terrible fit who is starting a frosh at qb.  He does not want to be the next DJ Shockley I don't believe but we will see what happens.

2 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Wasn't it Warblogle or something like that who reported on DW?  I can promise you that it will be kept very quite until he is seen at game or on campus.  Now this is just my opinion from how he was feeling before he committed to UGA after we had a couple bad offensive performances. He has always known that he fits into our scheme better than any of his other finalists no matter what he has said.  Ik he stated before FSU suited him best, but he told our staff he felt like we were the best fit for him offensively.  UGA is a terrible fit who is starting a frosh at qb.  He does not want to be the next DJ Shockley I don't believe but we will see what happens.

He has to feel really good about beating out Fromm though.

2 minutes ago, jared52 said:

He has to feel really good about beating out Fromm though.

How can he?  UGA has lost 1 game and will be in the SEC title game. Also does he feel he can be better than Fromm in the type of offense that UGA is currently running? Also considering they are signing 2 top rbs this class and have Swift already there as a frosh I can assume they will continue to run this scheme.

20 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

How can he?  UGA has lost 1 game and will be in the SEC title game. Also does he feel he can be better than Fromm in the type of offense that UGA is currently running? Also considering they are signing 2 top rbs this class and have Swift already there as a frosh I can assume they will continue to run this scheme.

Do you think we have a shot now?

1 hour ago, djg0017 said:

After months of pondering, I still can’t figure out how JF fits into UGA’s offense

He has great passing potential & a stronger arm than Fromm. TBH he fits into just about any college O there is.

The prevailing thought that he doesn't fit into a pro style O is a load of bunk.

11 minutes ago, bg5 said:

Do you think we have a shot now?

Not much as evidenced by the staff pushing for Jarren Williams & Emory Jones.

27 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He has great passing potential & a stronger arm than Fromm. TBH he fits into just about any college O there is.

The prevailing thought that he doesn't fit into a pro style O is a load of bunk.

I just wonder about the volume they will give him. One would think they wouldn’t underuse him because of talent but they might

1 hour ago, djg0017 said:

I just wonder about the volume they will give him. One would think they wouldn’t underuse him because of talent but they might

People said same with TT in Turd town.  He has gotten playing time in most every game this year.

Archived