2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

13 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

People said same with TT in Turd town.  He has gotten playing time in most every game this year.

I don’t mean his freshman year specifically. I just have a suspicion that they will continue to run the ball with their RB studs and make occasional easy throws — if it ain’t broke and all. I’m sure he will be successful there, but I think his playmaking skills could’ve been relied upon more heavily elsewhere. He’s got nice running ability and a heck of an arm, but I’m not sure we will see his true ceiling for a while — not a bad thing for him or uga though

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, djg0017 said:

I just wonder about the volume they will give him. One would think they wouldn’t underuse him because of talent but they might

Well remember his dad has said he would prefer Justin be in an offense in college where he's not running a lot.

4 hours ago, jared52 said:

If he chose AU and signed with AU, wouldn't that mean he was 100% AU?

Gracious. If he signed with AU, I would obviously support him. 

If he committed to AU, well, we would have been his third commit. Question my opinion, BUT when I think of Kids who are 100% AU, I think of those who commit to us and stick with it. Not necessarily players who have committed to other schools before us. 

Yes, I realize this is how recruiting goes and that these are in fact, kids.

1 hour ago, AidiAU said:

Gracious. If he signed with AU, I would obviously support him. 

If he committed to AU, well, we would have been his third commit. Question my opinion, BUT when I think of Kids who are 100% AU, I think of those who commit to us and stick with it. Not necessarily players who have committed to other schools before us. 

Yes, I realize this is how recruiting goes and that these are in fact, kids.

With all due respect this is recruiting & the reality is a good number of kids aren't 100% AU even when they sign. Nearly all of them did not grow up & already have the love for AU like many members of this board.

And FTR I haven't seen anything indicating JF is looking to open things back up so I don't get the point of a if he commits to a 3rd school debate.

Also his 1st commitment to Penn St  should not be held as a mark against him. At the time he was a 3* recruit & had no commitable offers from any P5 southern schools.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

And FTR I haven't seen anything indicating JF is looking to open things back up so I don't get the point of a if he commits to a 3rd school debate.

Also his 1st commitment to Penn St  should not be held as a mark against him. At the time he was a 3* recruit & had no commitable offers from any P5 southern schools.

This ^. And I think he was very deliberate in making his commitment.  He said he didn't want to go through the "decommiting" process again.  

It's all good.  He bought the Schlick that UGA sold him:  family is there (sister), he is a GA kid, they will open up the O when he gets there, Gus is gone, yada yada yada.  Good luck JF.

I will take a passionate kid who is developing and getting better every month.  Oh and is a freakish athlete who loves Auburn.   JG will help us win plenty of big games.

On 11/15/2017 at 12:35 PM, austudnt23 said:

This.  We need another qb this class and getting the best qb in the past 5 years would be a good choice imo.  I believe JG has as much potential but will have to be developed.  MW is a stud but if JF wants to switch to AU we will welcome him with open arms.

He ain't switching. Jesus let it go.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

First off I never said he was switching. I said we would accept his commitment which is a fact. Also in recruiting it is never over until the sign. 

3 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

First off I never said he was switching. I said we would accept his commitment which is a fact. Also in recruiting it is never over until the sign. 

I don't think you know how facts work but here is one for you. FACT, He is committed to UGA. Let it go.

On 11/15/2017 at 12:35 PM, austudnt23 said:

This.  We need another qb this class and getting the best qb in the past 5 years would be a good choice imo.  I believe JG has as much potential but will have to be developed.  MW is a stud but if JF wants to switch to AU we will welcome him with open arms.

9 hours ago, DAG said:

9 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

9 hours ago, DAG said:

I don't think you know how facts work but here is one for you. FACT, He is committed to UGA. Let it go

Dag he does not have anything to let go of.   He is not holding on to JF.  

You forgot one other fact. He has already decommitted once. Not saying he will but kids decommit all the time. It means very little until they sign. Just sayin.

On 11/18/2017 at 6:11 PM, Timeslider 6 said:

I haven't ever seen such a highly rated prospect decommitt twice, before. 

Gunner Kiel decomitted twice, I believe, Indiana, LSU and then signed with ND

Apparently Mullen's first stop as the new Florida coach is Justin Field's house. I always say Mullen is only as good as his QB. Looks like he's swinging for the fences.

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Apparently Mullen's first stop as the new Florida coach is Justin Field's house. I always say Mullen is only as good as his QB. Looks like he's swinging for the fences.

Makes perfect sense to me.  He has got to get a QB in there and he has proven he can get them to the NFL.

Just now, lkeel75 said:

Makes perfect sense to me.  He has got to get a QB in there and he has proven he can get them to the NFL.

Wouldn't hurt my feelings if we only had to play Justin once a year instead of twice.

2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

He's only as good as his QB because he is a damn good QB developer. Arguably the best QB developer as a HC in college football.

23 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

What happened to the other guy Florida had committed? The one that was supposed to choose Georgia.

Still committed.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

He's only as good as his QB because he is a damn good QB developer. Arguably the best QB developer as a HC in college football.

Yup... love to have him as a QB coach.

BRING DELL MCGEE HOME PLEASE!!!!!! I am tired of seeing him in mutts gear and recruiting against us. 

On 11/28/2017 at 4:11 PM, lionheartkc said:

I think that can be said about most P5 programs. Look at us pre and post Stidham, light years difference.

Archived