Softball vs. Mississppi State - game 2

Just now, jared52 said:

Need a tying HR from Wallace here. 

I was saying the same thing here.    Would be nice for her to hit one out right here.    Sydne Waldrop in to pinch run for Cooper.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rivera singles up the middle, run scores, Rivera rounds 1st and gets hung up and throw to 2nd they apply the tag and that ends the inning.  Auburn gets one and trails 2-1 after 5.

Basically, you get some momentum from the hit and immediately give it back to Moo State on terrible baesrunning. Rivera is glad someone is bringing her her glove and heading to RF so she finest have to hear from Clint until after the top of the 6th. 

I think Rivera--& the other freshmen as well--are going to be great Tiger players before they're done. But right now they really look like... freshmen. I keep hoping practice & reps against SEC pitching are going to finally click for them.

Carlson sets them down in order.   Going to the bottom 6th, Auburn trails 2-1.   Need to get some runs.  Veach, Greenwood and Shea coming up.

6 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Basically, you get some momentum from the hit and immediately give it back to Moo State on terrible baesrunning. Rivera is glad someone is bringing her her glove and heading to RF so she finest have to hear from Clint until after the top of the 6th. 

Once she was hung up, I would have liked to see her force a throw from the 1st baseman and go back to 1st, or just stay in the run down long enough for the other base runner to score.    I think she expected the throw to come in to short or even go to 3rd and she just advanced too far passed 1st. 

couple of base runners with 2 outs but Auburn gets out of it.  Going to the bottom 7th, Auburn trails 2-1.   Let's get 2 here and walk this thing off.

McCrackin, Crocker and back to the top of the order with Draper, due up here.  Expecting pinch hitters for either/both McCrackin and Crocker.   We've got to find a way to get some production out of the bottom of the order.     Let's win this thing.

McCrackin sends one HIGH and DEEP to left and its GONE.... HOME RUN CASEY McCrackin.... HOLY CRAP>   Game tied 2-2.

Draper pokes one to the right side and it gets through into right.  Crocker at 2nd   NO OUTS.    Cooper up.  Walk it off Kasey Cooper

14 minutes ago, TigerTennis80 said:

Does anyone remember the last home run we hit during SEC play?

Like, 5 min ago or so.

Archived