Baseball Mississippi St Game 3

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, FUZZYAUFAN said:

I am sure this question has been asked and answered but why is Jeremy Johnson playing so much this weekend. Anyone know. 

Hasn't been answered & don't know the answer TBH..

8 minutes ago, wareagle13 said:

State fans are definitely justified in being frustrated on those calls, but i don't give a crap! Way to come back fighting coker!

Eh, umps owe AU a run. 

Tough situation there for Johnson, i think he could've gotten more of a lead and still been safe to get back to second if it was caught. Tough break and great play by center fielder.

Just now, PowerOfDixieland said:

Boy, Dylan Ingram has got some work to do to be a great first baseman. I wonder if he's ever played there before this year?

I put that on the throw. Where that bounced is a tough dig.

1 minute ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Boy, Dylan Ingram has got some work to do to be a great first baseman. I wonder if he's ever played there before this year?

He's made some strong picks in previous games, but he's been lack luster tonight. I agree with the announcer 2 out of 3 of those balls should been picked up.

1 minute ago, wareagle13 said:

He's made some strong picks in previous games, but he's been lack luster tonight. I agree with the announcer 2 out of 3 of those balls should been picked up.

He just doesn't seem to anticipate like a guy who's been there and is comfortable.  Often doesn't know when to come off the bag to try and just knock down a throw.  That play off of the mound by Coker for the second out was almost a huge mistake by Ingram.  Maybe just no communication because neither guy could tell if he was going to get to it.

2 minutes ago, au302 said:

I'm sure this has been answered but does anyone know why Jarvis hasn't played? Hope he's not hurt or anything

Yes, back spasms prior to game one last night.  Has not been on the field during the entire series and Holland has been lights out as a replacement.  Not just really good, but great.  Incredible range going to his left on several balls today.

6 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

From his AU Bio

Spent 2014 season at Mississippi State where he redshirted … Rated a top 50 first baseman in the country by national scouting service Perfect Game, as well as the second-best first base prospect in Alabama … Named 2013 Rawlings Honorable Mention Southeast Region

Just don't put the first batter on base

Just now, PowerOfDixieland said:

Teeth of the MSU order due up in the bottom of the 9th.  Teeth like a great white shark.  We will have to earn these three outs

Was hoping we would use Casey out of the pen the last few innings. Hope that doesn't come back to bite us.

Archived