What the heck is the Fagan story?

Saw the piece in al.com....no MJ in her blood test....and so what was the suspension all about and mug shot, etc.?

I have expressed concerns about her but looks like she has really been dealt a very raw deal.    I saw no vindication of the other two players....but seems that Fagan is due a big apology on this from somebody?

Nobody on here notice that ....or have I been looking in the wrong place. ?

After reading all the stories surrounding the MJ incident it seems to me that Haley was largely in the wrong place at the wrong time.  There were never charges of using marijuana in this case, only possession.  However, I don't expect that the police would have been call if there was no previous evidence of use.  There was probably just no smoking going on when they arrived.  Since the medical report showed no marijuana in Haley's system, she obviously had not been smoking.  But just being present when others were, and being a senior leader on the team, Coach had no choice but to suspend here along with the rest.  Also, the incident after the Florida game didn't help her case any.  Having said all of that, I'm ready to see the suspensions lifted and to having all three back for the rest of the season.  But again, Coach knows the entire situation and I trust him to make the best decision for the team and for the three players affected.

24 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

And her published apology does not square with the report that MJ was not in her blood. Something is messed up. 

????? How's that? 

Good for her....but guess it's a lesson about where you hang out, etc.   As for the apology, I am guessing that she and the other girls got instructions....write a heartfelt apology and let's get this behind us.  Seems that's done now and everyone is more or less back in the good graces of the coaching staff.

I've heard that the house they we're in was warned several times by a neighbor about the noise before the cops were called. And I think the suspension has more to do with the arrest for possession and paraphernalia than her actually being high. Regardless, I think the suspension was necessary. 

3 hours ago, FoundationEagle said:

This article pretty much sums up my feelings about the situation

http://faithfullytrying.weebly.com/home/jesus-is-in-this-for-you-me-and-haley-fagan

Thank you for that. 

11 hours ago, boomstick said:

I've heard that the house hey we're in was warned several times by a neighbor about the noise before the cops were called. And I think the suspension has more to do with the arrest for possession and paraphernalia than her actually being high. Regardless, I think the suspension was necessary. 

When you are a "public figure"....which in a college town, athletes are....it is not good when the police come to your apartment or house.  Probably right, once that occurred and it was on the record, the coaches had to take some action.  Hopefully ...lesson learned.

Just now, AU64 said:

When you are a "public figure"....which in a college town, athletes are....it is not good when the police come to your apartment or house.  Probably right, once that occurred and it was on the record, the coaches had to take some action.  Hopefully ...lesson learned.

Yeah, had they not had the noise complaint, nothing probably comes form this. The noise complaint leads to the cops finding weed and the arrest, and once the arrest happens, action probably has to be taken. And the timing couldn't have been worse for the program. If this happens last year, maybe nothing much comes from it. But with it happening right on the heels of Corey resigning and all of the negative attention on the program, I think Clint's had no choice.

***Deleted***

5) No "unsubstantiated" rumors. Rule of thumb, if you dont have a link for it, don't post it. Keeps the goofy stuff to a minimum. In some cases we may make an exception on what's considered a legit source. Just don't hallucinate new rumors. We are not Tider Insider.

Archived