18095996_1781397358841680_75941630588307

• Robert Leff ➡️ Atlanta Falcons | Undrafted Free Agent
  • Devaroe Lawrence ➡️ New Orleans Saints | Undrafted Free Agent
  • Tony Stevens ➡️ Kansas City Chiefs | Undrafted Free Agent
  • Maurice Swain ➡️ Detroit Lions | Undrafted Free Agent
  • Marshall Taylor ➡️ Cincinatti Bengals | Undrafted Free Agent

Edits via IG/gotigersgfx

29 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

Anyone else find it strange that Alex Kozan never signed with anyone?

I never thought about Kozan until now. Hard to believe he didn't even sign as an undrafted free agent.

Imma be rootin for all our former tigers but especially hard for Josh Holsey, our unsung hero!!!

2 hours ago, Browning4AU said:

I don't think he ever fully recovered from his back injury. I also think he benefited greatly in 2013 from being between the best LT and C in CFB. He also never had to pass block. Not sure about his metrics, particularly arm length.

On 4/30/2017 at 4:59 PM, WFE12 said:

Imma be rootin for all our former tigers but especially hard for Josh Holsey, our unsung hero!!!

I'm SO happy for Holsey!  I hope he rocks.

I'm gonna say the Saints got the steal of our team.  Devaroe will be a very solid backup DT for many years unless he doesn't work his tail off which I think he will.  

On 4/30/2017 at 4:56 PM, milehighfan said:

I never thought about Kozan until now. Hard to believe he didn't even sign as an undrafted free agent.

Wondering if his back was ever 100% after that off-season injury....after he missed that season, .he never looked quite as good as before......JMO

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Wondering if his back was ever 100% after that off-season injury....after he missed that season, .he never looked quite as good as before......JMO

If I had to venture a guess I would have to guess it was his back.

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 4:24 PM, Browning4AU said:

sorry but he never impressed me...

• 2 weeks later...

Another player drawing praise from Gruden: seventh-rounder Josh Holsey. The defensive back took reps both at cornerback and nickelback. He likely will start out his career on the inside, but coaches have him learning both positions for now. Gruden liked what he saw from the Auburn product during one-on-one drills Friday and challenged Holsey to carry that over into team drills. Holsey displayed good quickness and instincts, getting out of breaks quickly to contest passes. On Sunday, the 5-10, 190-pounder stood out in particular when he broke on the ball on an out route and swatted the pass away along the sideline. Gruden was there to smack Holsey on the helmet right after the play. The cornerback said Gruden joked that he should’ve intercepted the ball. Holsey was encouraged by his start but can’t wait to mix it up with the veterans and try to learn everything he can from them. He said he’s going to “eat what they eat, eat when they eat, sleep when they sleep,” and just try to mimic everything possible.

Link

temp051217-RookieMinicamp-Day2-011--nfl_

I mean...He didn't look like he was hurt all his senior season either..What do you expect Gruden? Josh is gonna put in work!

• 3 weeks later...

War Eagle Robert!

The Green Bay Packers have signed T Robert Leff and released C Jacob Floresicon-article-link.gif. The transactions were announced Tuesday by Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations.

UNDRAFTED FREE AGENT SIGNING:

No, Name, Pos, Ht, Wt, College, HS Hometown

70, Robert Leff, T, 6-5, 302, Auburn, Fairhope, Ala.

Leff, 22, was originally signed as an undrafted free agent by the Atlanta Falcons on May 1, but was released on June 2. He played in 53 career games with 15 starts at Auburn. As a senior in 2016, he started all 13 games at right tackle, earning first-team All-Southeastern Conference honors from Pro Football Focus and second-team All-SEC recognition from The Associated Press and Athlon.

Flores originally signed with Green Bay as an undrafted free agent out of Dartmouth on May 6, 2016, and spent part of last season on the practice squad.

Source

Leff is a great example of a guy who people wrote off due to lower recruiting rankings even after he had produced on the field. 

Hope he can stay healthy, make the most of his opportunities and stick around in the league for awhile. 

39 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Leff is a great example of a guy who people wrote off due to lower recruiting rankings even after he had produced on the field. 

Hope he can stay healthy, make the most of his opportunities and stick around in the league for awhile. 

He is also a great example of working hard and paying your dues. Not enough PT? Work harder and learn your position better than the next guy...or you can transfer.

Archived