2018 4* RB Dameon Pierce

ellitor

8 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I admit I made a mistake regarding Pierce being a 5* But my point is over the last few years several highly regarded RBs we've signed have not panned out. 

As for Thomas he did have a few big moments, just not enough of them

As for JR after coming on strong in the latter part of the 2015 season, it would have been great to see what he could have done during the course of what hopefully would have been an injury free 2016 season.

You are 100 % right about our recent success with 5 stars. I was just giving you a hard time about DP being a 4 star and not a 5. I still would have liked getting DP.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

I understand the glamour thing of having a top rb commit to Auburn. But at the end of the day, 1200 yards is 1200 yards. Regardless if a 5 star or 1 star ran for them. It all starts with the offensive line anyway. Not whether a 5 star back to toting the ball.

Totally agree. Two things, though.

1) We seem to be trying and failing to get the highly ranked RBs. It might not ultimately matter, but if our staff is going to try to do something, I want them to succeed at it.
2) A Jovon Robinson-quality RB, with head removed from hind, would have gotten us many, many more yards in 2015 than *Peyton Barber did. I'm very confident of that. 

*I'm not trying to beat up on Barber. Huge heart. Now gets paid to play and deserves every penny. But if Robinson didn't have whatever emotional issues he had, he would have been one of the top 3 backs taken in the draft.

12 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

sorry to be a nitpicker but when was Rocs flashes of brilliance? I honestly never saw it on the field for AU.

NOPE. One of the best high school highlight films I've ever seen, but it didn't translate to college ball. And he was mistake prone. 

5 hours ago, kd4au said:

You are 100 % right about our recent success with 5 stars. I was just giving you a hard time about DP being a 4 star and not a 5. I still would have liked getting DP.

You and me and every Auburn fan. Hopefully, we get AM.

In my book, here's the top 3 RB's that's uncommitted. I'd like to see us get in this order. Harold Joiner and either James Cook or Asa Martin.

If we cannot have the HS RB that the coaching  staff loves, then they need to go get a quality Juco RB to provide immediate depth and competition. That solidifies our needs next year but also makes AU a very appealing destination for 2019 RBs bc there is no immediate competition from the class a year ahead of them. JMO

On 8/7/2017 at 6:30 PM, SumterAubie said:

I understand the glamour thing of having a top rb commit to Auburn. But at the end of the day, 1200 yards is 1200 yards. Regardless if a 5 star or 1 star ran for them. It all starts with the offensive line anyway. Not whether a 5 star back to toting the ball.

I get your point but in reality, having a highly rated RB come in and actually PLAY like a highly rated RB can turn 1200 yds worth of good blocking into 1500 yds+ if you have a better RB carrying the rock.    It's not about glamour.  Its about getting high-ceiling players in the fold and coaching them up.

Why is this still under Auburn recruiting since he committed to Fla. Are we still recruiting him and trying to get him to break his commitment? If so I am confused as many insiders said before he committed to Fla. we liked him but not so much that we would play games with him or something to that effect.

17 minutes ago, bmartin3228 said:

Do mods think we still have a good chance to flip him in the end , or are we just going to drop him from the board?

Don't think Au has given up on any of the RB's just yet. 

Gus seems to always have a big problem in getting the best QB's and RB's out of high school. But for some odd reason, he doesn't seem  to have any problems in recruiting / signing JUCO QB's and RB's.

48 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Gus seems to always have a big problem in getting the best QB's and RB's out of high school. But for some odd reason, he doesn't seem  to have any problems in recruiting / signing JUCO QB's and RB's.

Yahtzee!

On 8/8/2017 at 3:52 PM, auburn4ever said:

In my book, here's the top 3 RB's that's uncommitted. I'd like to see us get in this order. Harold Joiner and either James Cook or Asa Martin.

Get a new book

13 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I'm told this one is done. Kid has already de-comitted from one one school. Don't see him going that again. You hearing the same 23? 

Who are we going after now? Cook, Smoke, Butterbean?

Just now, AU80cruiser said:

I guess Martin and the kid committed to Ohio State. Smoke wouldn't come to a camp at AU and try to earn a offer. He and his family would rather him walk on at uat then play on scholly at AU. AU has Worm so isn't interested in Butterbean. AU likes Worn a lot more. (and I'm just not saying this because Mom Worm is here. AU loves the kid. Lindsey is licking his chops with what he can do with Worm) 

21 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I guess Martin and the kid committed to Ohio State. Smoke wouldn't come to a camp at AU and try to earn a offer. He and his family would rather him walk on at uat then play on scholly at AU. AU has Worm so isn't interested in Butterbean. AU likes Worn a lot more. (and I'm just not saying this because Mom Worm is here. AU loves the kid. Lindsey is licking his chops with what he can do with Worm

I'm already sold on Worm, but I like what this says about CCL. 

2 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

If we missed on DP, then we are not going to get Cook. We might as well try to pull a kid from Southern Union; if we still have a shot. :brickwall:

Stands to reason if we land JF, our chances of flipping a RB increases.  I wonder which is more likely - MT or DP?  

What about redshirting J. Whitlow and. call it a day. He was 3 time all state 6' 216 and he is here practicing, so a year in the system and weight room then 4 to play....boom.....done. 

15 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

What about redshirting J. Whitlow and. call it a day. He was 3 time all state 6' 216 and he is here practicing, so a year in the system and weight room then 4 to play....boom.....done. 

Whitlow is a very intriguing player. Coaching friends on mine up in the Bham area have been raving about this kid for a while. I didn't realize he was as big as he is. 

10 hours ago, Samau said:

Isn't Pierce good friends with Justin Fields? If we were to get Fields could it effect Pierce decision? 

After years of watching recruiting, it's been my experience that "friends" has little or nothing to do with school selection. You see it mentioned all the time but when signing day comes "friends" is a non-factor.

Archived