2018 4* RB Dameon Pierce

ellitor

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really wanted Pierce. Great fit for our offense. Not panicing but I'm not sure a great RB remains that we are the lead program for. Everyone wants Cook and my guess is we are 3rd for him right now. My current feeling is that I would not mind a change at RB coach. Bama and UGA get all the 5 stars they want now and several other SEC programs seem to be out recruiting us on paper at this position....

I think Barrett is still flying under the radar a little bit and is going to be better than a lot of people might think. That said I sure would have liked Pierce (actually Teague is the one I most coveted). Maybe we can still pull one out of our hat here. It's only August ?

47 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

I really wanted Pierce. Great fit for our offense. Not panicing but I'm not sure a great RB remains that we are the lead program for. Everyone wants Cook and my guess is we are 3rd for him right now. My current feeling is that I would not mind a change at RB coach. Bama and UGA get all the 5 stars they want now and several other SEC programs seem to be out recruiting us on paper at this position....

If my memory serves correctly, last year Barrett was the #1 guy on our board and we signed him. Right now it looks like Barrett is moving ahead of older players on the depth chart. Maybe one could question Auburn having Barrett as their top guy, but it's hard to fault a coach who just signed our top pick at the position.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

If my memory serves correctly, last year Barrett was the #1 guy on our board and we signed him. Right now it looks like Barrett is moving ahead of older players on the depth chart. Maybe one could question Auburn having Barrett as their top guy, but it's hard to fault a coach who just signed our top pick at the position.

That is a good point.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Right now it looks like Barrett is moving ahead of older players on the depth chart.

Who is he passing on the depth chart? Miller? Martin?

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

I'm ready to see Barrett to see if he can be the next great back for running back U. If he looks the part loosing DP will not hurt as bad and maybe we can get a top RB next year.

3 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Yes.

3 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Reports have him moving into the #3 slot at RB. That puts him ahead of all but Pettway and K. Johnson.

18 minutes ago, dabrasco said:

Im sure the injury will set him back some

?  from scrimmage today?

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Reports have him moving into the #3 slot at RB

Any besides Tom Green article?  I'd be shocked if he passed up Miller without injuries playing a part.  Have you heard it from other sources also?

20 hours ago, Mikey said:

After years of watching recruiting, it's been my experience that "friends" has little or nothing to do with school selection. You see it mentioned all the time but when signing day comes "friends" is a non-factor.

Correct once in a blue moon maybe

DB has Def had a very good fall camp etc. He still needs to add 20 lbs and change his running style a little to be anywhere near a rb that can carry 25 plus a game. He has big play ability though and very fun to watch. I like Malik and we will need him as another back to run between the tackles wit KP. I have been pleasantly surprised with DB though.

6 hours ago, Beaker said:

?  from scrimmage today?

4 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I may have missed it but did he get hurt during today's scrimmage?

I was referring to Whitlow

On 8/12/2017 at 7:48 AM, Mikey said:

This is correct he was our top rb. The rb board doesn't mean he was the top or best rb in the country, he was our top guy over the guys we felt we had shots at. Also he is passing people and could be our number 3 back. He can catch the ball very good and is a good runner. I still think he needs 20 lbs and needs to stop running so upright but he is impressive in camp. 

I think Malik gets the number 3 spot he is no slouch and is a good between the tackles runner but DB will be used.

On 8/12/2017 at 6:54 PM, austudnt23 said:

DB has Def had a very good fall camp etc. He still needs to add 20 lbs and change his running style a little to be anywhere near a rb that can carry 25 plus a game. He has big play ability though and very fun to watch. I like Malik and we will need him as another back to run between the tackles wit KP. I have been pleasantly surprised with DB though.

Style, as a tendency to always try to bust it to the outside? 

8 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Style, as a tendency to always try to bust it to the outside? 

Not as upright I believe, i.e. lower pad level

I was just thinking if CCL"s offense proves to be lights out if maybe this would entice Pierce, maybe even Teague to reconsider their decisions and sign with Auburn?

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/16/2017 at 2:44 PM, milehighfan said:

I was just thinking if CCL"s offense proves to be lights out if maybe this would entice Pierce, maybe even Teague to reconsider their decisions and sign with Auburn?

I was holding out hope as well.  I understand the attempt to get these guys may be in vain but I keep hoping UF somehow someway looks worse than we do this year and we can sway Pierce.  Up to this point it looks like it will be a close race to see which offense is worse.

7 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

I was holding out hope as well.  I understand the attempt to get these guys may be in vain but I keep hoping UF somehow someway looks worse than we do this year and we can sway Pierce.  Up to this point it looks like it will be a close race to see which offense is worse.

I hate to say this, but in this case I think you're right.

for what i saw saturday night, we'll be lucky pull anything over a 2*.....now, i am seriously concerned about asa.    the guy is the real deal, and i guess pierce is a pipe dream now so a combo is prolly out of the question

11 hours ago, doverstutts said:

for what i saw saturday night, we'll be lucky pull anything over a 2*.....now, i am seriously concerned about asa.    the guy is the real deal, and i guess pierce is a pipe dream now so a combo is prolly out of the question

For me, personally, I like Asa but he is my second favorite running back committed to Auburn right now. Shaun Shivers is the real deal, recruiting rankings be damned.

55 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

For me, personally, I like Asa but he is my second favorite running back committed to Auburn right now. Shaun Shivers is the real deal, recruiting rankings be damned.

Shaun will be a beast.  We sure could have used his speed against Clemson for some quick screens and such.

Archived