2018 4* RB Dameon Pierce

ellitor

Just now, NorthGATiger said:

Shaun will be a beast.  We sure could have used his speed against Clemson for some quick screens and such.

I have my doubts it would have been properly utilized in any case. Kam Martin is a burner, too, and he hardly saw action. Devan Barrett is supposed to be the type of all around back who can excel in the passing game, and I didn't see him on the field once. I blame the coaches for not having any adjustments ready when what we were doing didn't work.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

I have my doubts it would have been properly utilized in any case. Kam Martin is a burner, too, and he hardly saw action. Devan Barrett is supposed to be the type of all around back who can excel in the passing game, and I didn't see him on the field once. I blame the coaches for not having any adjustments ready when what we were doing didn't work.

We had too many tight packages that allowed the D to disguise blitzes up the middle.  When we ran, we utilized Pettway between the tackles.  We rarely spread things out, didn't use backs that could get to the corner, and rarely called a jet sweep.  Supposedly Pettway is the only back that can block on the entire team....and he lacks ability to get to the edge or go sideways.

The game plan was total sh**.

9 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Kam has not shown well when ball was passed to him but I agree Devan would have been ideal.  Also Cox can catch out of the backfield but we didn't use him or TE's who are perfect candidates for quick passes to slow down D-Line

1 hour ago, doverstutts said:

I see Markeith Cooper, part 2

There is not one similarity between those two.  Cooper could not spell toughness or muscle with a dictionary.  Cooper was also not one of the top two fastest kids in the state of Florida either.  Markeith was a buck fiddy soaking wet.  Shaun has 30-40 pounds on him and is much faster.  

The main difference is Bowden recruited Cooper as our do it all RB.  Shaun will hopefully be Onterio Speedwagon McCalleb with much much better feet, balance, and even more speed.  The Worm on edges and in the screen game will be sick.

1 hour ago, NorthGATiger said:

There is not one similarity between those two.  Cooper could not spell toughness or muscle with a dictionary.  Cooper was also not one of the top two fastest kids in the state of Florida either.  Markeith was a buck fiddy soaking wet.  Shaun has 30-40 pounds on him and is much faster.  

The main difference is Bowden recruited Cooper as our do it all RB.  Shaun will hopefully be Onterio Speedwagon McCalleb with much much better feet, balance, and even more speed.  The Worm on edges and in the screen game will be sick.

Yep. I actually think that the Tot was a good gameplanner and play caller he just didn't recruit (amongst other issues ) and it caught up with him. Combine his play calling with Gus' recruits, that could be a recipe for success

On 9/14/2017 at 4:18 PM, doverstutts said:

I see Markeith Cooper, part 2

Have you ever been to an eye doctor?

On 9/14/2017 at 4:33 PM, auburn4ever said:

Malzahn reminds me of Bowden. Terry would sign small RB's, and now we sit back and watch Gus doing the very same thing.

You realize Gus signed Kam Pettway, Malik Miller, and Jovon Robinson, don't you?

On 9/14/2017 at 3:33 PM, auburn4ever said:

Malzahn reminds me of Bowden. Terry would sign small RB's, and now we sit back and watch Gus doing the very same thing.

Those who don't remember the past are doomed to repeat it.

The Problem the way I see it is that Gus can't tailor his offense to his avail talent. He did it with Chris Todd but just has been trying to force a square peg into a round hole since. 2013 he got close with NM but how often to get QB that can run like Cam or Nick M?  

Gus is inflexible. Period. 

On 9/14/2017 at 8:23 AM, AUDevil said:

We had too many tight packages that allowed the D to disguise blitzes up the middle.  When we ran, we utilized Pettway between the tackles.  We rarely spread things out, didn't use backs that could get to the corner, and rarely called a jet sweep.  Supposedly Pettway is the only back that can block on the entire team....and he lacks ability to get to the edge or go sideways.

The game plan was total sh**.

Don't sugar coat it. How do really feel?

Archived