4 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Visited AU yesterday. 

Is he trending AUburn?

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Is he trending AUburn?

Not yet. He's pretty open. I think AU is waiting to see what happens with Teague 1st.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not yet. He's pretty open. I think AU is waiting to see what happens with Teague 1st.

Well, we know the answer to that question now, lol.

Unless something changes between now and signing day, Teague won't be playing for Auburn. We need to sign 2 big RB's in this class.

Just now, auburn4ever said:

Unless something changes between now and signing day, Teague won't be playing for Auburn.

Words are sometimes not quite enough...

6 hours ago, Timeslider 6 said:

On the surface Pierce looks better than Teague, where am i wrong?

Pierce may be a hair faster.  Teague may be a hair stronger.  Both are virtually equal in my evaluation.  Who has the better character, better grades, better work ethic, fits in with the team, expects to earn a spot and not just given to him... those are the things that separate these 2 runners which I have around top 5 in what you would consider every down backs. 

Glass half empty - we lost Teague and with Pierce, turds have a stable of top backs, Teague is not decommiting from tOSU, so his options power house schools are slowly dwindling. 

Glass half full - Petway is NFL bound, Johnson (tweeter back) returns, Miller (power), Martin (speed), Barret (combo), Worm (speed), PIERCE - plenty of room and plaing time. 

10 hours ago, corchjay said:

Pierce may be a hair faster.  Teague may be a hair stronger.  Both are virtually equal in my evaluation.  Who has the better character, better grades, better work ethic, fits in with the team, expects to earn a spot and not just given to him... those are the things that separate these 2 runners which I have around top 5 in what you would consider every down backs. 

Tre Mason and Kam Pettway will be remembered as far more productive Auburn RBs than Mike Dyer and Jovon Robinson. 

Sort of extreme examples, but I have no problem waiting to see what happens on the field before I take issue with our RB situation as long as Malzahn and Horton are around. 

Aren't we recruiting a RB who's last name is Mason? sorry if I have the name wrong. That being said, Dameon Pierce seems like a RB that I hope we are recruiting really hard.

34 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Aren't we recruiting a RB who's last name is Mason? sorry if I have the name wrong. That being said, Dameon Pierce seems like a RB that I hope we are recruiting really hard.

Maybe your thinking of Mason Jarr. He's a pint sized guy, short and stout but rumor has it he's got a big mouth. He maybe going to Ball State though as I saw a Ball logo on his chest. Heard on his official visit he was pretty transparent on things. If he was silent to Auburn it would be very difficult keeping a lid on it. :-\

11 hours ago, gr82be said:

Maybe your thinking of Mason Jarr. He's a pint sized guy, short and stout but rumor has it he's got a big mouth. He maybe going to Ball State though as I saw a Ball logo on his chest. Heard on his official visit he was pretty transparent on things. If he was silent to Auburn it would be very difficult keeping a lid on it. :-\

:bow:

13 hours ago, gr82be said:

Hear he really knows how to keep things rolling when he gets in a jam, or a pickle for that matter. 

21 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Hear he really knows how to keep things rolling when he gets in a jam, or a pickle for that matter. 

Nope. He got canned yesterday.

1 hour ago, mickeyspano said:

Nope. He got canned yesterday.

Yeah, he really got into some hot water

10 minutes ago, fredst said:

This is one of the funnier thread derailments. Props to gr82be:bow:

It's uncanny how often derailments happen...

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Obligatory shout-out to Gary from accounting - who I'm certain is familiar with Mason Jar, considering his aptitude for cooking (chili). 

Gary from accounting! Man, sure could go for some of his chili right now.

He sent me some pictures of his new boat the other day. Ol' Gare Bear sure is living the life.

On 6/13/2017 at 1:22 PM, McLoofus said:

Ol' Gare Bear sure is living the life.

bahahahahaha

Mentioned to him that the wife and I were going on a date this weekend. He said, "if you try to get a table at Applebee's, just tell the hostess that you're friends with Gary and Linda. You'll get the VIP treatment ;)." Apparently Gary's a big tipper! What a pal. 

26 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Mentioned to him that the wife and I were going on a date this weekend. He said, "if you try to get a table at Applebee's, just tell the hostess that you're friends with Gary and Linda. You'll get the VIP treatment ;)." Apparently Gary's a big tipper! What a pal. 

They awarded "Best Revival" to the wrong damn thing at the Tonys the other night.

As of this moment DP is our guy.  By saying that I mean this is the rb we will get if signing day were today.  I still don't count MT out yet though.  Even if UGA gets Zamir White who I expect to end up in Columbus which is totally just my opinion I think our success this year will make MT rethink his decision.  MT being a 3 star is the biggest joke I have ever seen.  I don't know what service I was looking at I think 247 and he was a 3 star.  Kid is a STUD.  I am not familiar with Ohio State's rb depth, but he could come in and play a good bit as a true frosh given that KP goes pro as expected.  I love Pierce also though they have similar running styes.  MT has the extra burst though.  We need a one cut and get up the field rb who sees the hole and hits it.  KP is excellent at this very patient and has excellent vision with great cut back ability and we all know he delivers a blow.

24 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

As of this moment DP is our guy.  By saying that I mean this is the rb we will get if signing day were today.  I still don't count MT out yet though.  Even if UGA gets Zamir White who I expect to end up in Columbus which is totally just my opinion I think our success this year will make MT rethink his decision.  MT being a 3 star is the biggest joke I have ever seen.  I don't know what service I was looking at I think 247 and he was a 3 star.  Kid is a STUD.  I am not familiar with Ohio State's rb depth, but he could come in and play a good bit as a true frosh given that KP goes pro as expected.  I love Pierce also though they have similar running styes.  MT has the extra burst though.  We need a one cut and get up the field rb who sees the hole and hits it.  KP is excellent at this very patient and has excellent vision with great cut back ability and we all know he delivers a blow.

Obviously, it is very disappointing to lose out on MT, but getting DP would be the next best option for us, even better than Martin and any other guy out there (realistically of course since we aren't in the running for Zamir White)

Martin would not be a very good fit for us IMO.  He would be similar to ROC.  ASA is a little bigger but both dance and cut too much for our system imo.  That is not a bad thing Cadillac was a rb similar in style, it just doesn't fit the system we run atm IMO.  If Asa signs with bama he will be moved to db before the start of season next year even though they are currently telling him he will play rb. MT would be the best fit for us over even Zamir White imo. Pierce would be #2 of the rbs we currently have a shot at. 

Archived