2018 4* RB Dameon Pierce

ellitor

31 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

As of this moment DP is our guy.  By saying that I mean this is the rb we will get if signing day were today.  I still don't count MT out yet though.  Even if UGA gets Zamir White who I expect to end up in Columbus which is totally just my opinion I think our success this year will make MT rethink his decision.  MT being a 3 star is the biggest joke I have ever seen.  I don't know what service I was looking at I think 247 and he was a 3 star.  Kid is a STUD.  I am not familiar with Ohio State's rb depth, but he could come in and play a good bit as a true frosh given that KP goes pro as expected.  I love Pierce also though they have similar running styes.  MT has the extra burst though.  We need a one cut and get up the field rb who sees the hole and hits it.  KP is excellent at this very patient and has excellent vision with great cut back ability and we all know he delivers a blow.

Thanks 23.  One of the psuedo insiders here said MT was all over we had no chance now.  Thanks for the update.  In my evaluations I have Teague just a hair higher rated then Pierce but both are highly talented kids and I totally agree.  Teague is the one what the heck rating I've seen this cycle.  Is his grades on the up and up?  No legal troubles?

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Thanks 23.  One of the psuedo insiders here said MT was all over we had no chance now.  Thanks for the update.  In my evaluations I have Teague just a hair higher rated then Pierce but both are highly talented kids and I totally agree.  Teague is the one what the heck rating I've seen this cycle.  Is his grades on the up and up?  No legal troubles?

Neither he is just vastly underrated.  There hasn't been any talk of grades or character issues.  He was our #1 target at rb. It is not over until it is over.  We would have been the pick not UGA if not for Ohio State offering.

1 minute ago, austudnt23 said:

Martin would not be a very good fit for us IMO.  He would be similar to ROC.  ASA is a little bigger but both dance and cut too much for our system imo.  That is not a bad thing Cadillac was a rb similar in style, it just doesn't fit the system we run atm IMO.  If Asa signs with bama he will be moved to db before the start of season next year even though they are currently telling him he will play rb. MT would be the best fit for us over even Zamir White imo. Pierce would be #2.

Again same thoughts and totally agree with you.  Our offensive scheme is not designed for dance around guys.  You have to hit the hole hard and be able to make a LB miss in the hole.  Then it's run over a safety or out run them.  If you can't one cut without losing speed you are useless in this system.

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Again same thoughts and totally agree with you.  Our offensive scheme is not designed for dance around guys.  You have to hit the hole hard and be able to make a LB miss in the hole.  Then it's run over a safety or out run them.  If you can't one cut without losing speed you are useless in this system.

That is a perfect description of what we need at rb.

4 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

That is a perfect description of what we need at rb.

I speak for everyone here.  We appreciate your insight and only once and we all know who that Benedict Arnold is have you ever given us information that wasn't solid and concrete as can be.  Still hatin on the Evans kid for you!!!!

Any other information you can pass along we'd love to have it on any of the recruits.  Don't be such a stranger

17 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Martin would not be a very good fit for us IMO.  He would be similar to ROC.  ASA is a little bigger but both dance and cut too much for our system imo.  That is not a bad thing Cadillac was a rb similar in style, it just doesn't fit the system we run atm IMO.  If Asa signs with bama he will be moved to db before the start of season next year even though they are currently telling him he will play rb. MT would be the best fit for us over even Zamir White imo. Pierce would be #2 of the rbs we currently have a shot at. 

I always understood the plan was to take Martin and Teague/Pierce.  I saw it as Teague/Pierce = Pettway, Martin = Johnson, and Worm = Kam Martin in our current scheme.

Yeah I am back now been very busy.  Actually had lunch with David Housel a few weeks ago at Chappys which is always a treat. For those of you who don't know about Mr. Housel he is a former professor, director of media relations and Athletic Director at Auburn and probably the best Auburn Historian of all time. I know this is wrong place to mention this, but we are going all out on trying to make the move to the East which is not likely to happen in the very near future.  By very near I mean next 2-3 years, but they all believe it will happen eventually. 

21 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Yeah I am back now been very busy.  Actually had lunch with David Housel a few weeks ago at Chappys which is always a treat. For those of you who don't know about Mr. Housel he is a former professor, director of media relations and Athletic Director at Auburn and probably the best Auburn Historian of all time

...also my Dad's old roomate

Who Mr. Housel?  I assume your dad has been to CHappys with him before also then.  Mr. Housel basically has his own reserved booth there and can name every worker by first name lol.  He is a very good friend of my dads also.  If you haven't seen him lately Bird he is doing better health wise which was great for me to see.  I still had to let him hold my arm while walking to and from car but he seems to be in a lot better shape and spirit than last time I saw him. 

Mr. Housel was advisor to the Plainsman when my older brother was editor in '75-'76. So i met Mr. Housel when at Auburn through my brother. The 3 or 4 times I met him afterwards, often months apart, he would remember me by name. I was always thought how cool that was for him to do that.

22 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I always understood the plan was to take Martin and Teague/Pierce.  I saw it as Teague/Pierce = Pettway, Martin = Johnson, and Worm = Kam Martin in our current scheme.

This would be ideal.  However we are looking for an every down back and MT and DP are 1 and 2 on board.  We would sign Asa like u said more of a Kerryon role.

1 minute ago, SumterAubie said:

Mr. Housel was advisor to the Plainsman when my older brother was editor in '75-'76. So i met Mr. Housel when at Auburn through my brother. The 3 or 4 times I met him afterwards, often months apart, he would remember me by name. I was always thought how cool that was for him to do that.

VERY GOOD AUBURN man.  I am proud for him to be a representative of our University.  Even though he is not day to day anymore you won't find someone who knows more about Auburn University or who loves Auburn University more.

Wish he would have been our AD for longer.  He followed Dye for those that don't know, but he was a big part of the AD during Dye tenure.  He made 2 pretty good hires in Bowden and TT.  I know Bowden is not seen as an Auburn legend, but he did start 20-0 something no other Auburn coach or I believe SEC coach has ever done.  He would have won the title in 93 and a bad call in the 94 Iron Bowl where Sanders had the first down kept him from being 21-0-1 his first 2 seasons.

I believe my last post was inaccurate.  He became our AD in 94 so he didn't hire Terry.  He was instrumental in every part of the Athletic Department during Dye's tenure as AD though.  I am too young to remember those days.  Well not the TT days I was born in 89, but the Bowden days are really before my time.

33 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Simply put David Housel is a GREAT AUBURN man that has given a better part of his life to the University.

Amen to that, brother...

3 minutes ago, Tigerfinz said:

Amen to that, brother...

One of the greatest compliments I have ever received was when Mr. Housel told me I reminded him of a younger version of himself the first time I met him.  He was referring to the passion I have for Auburn University.

38 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

One of the greatest compliments I have ever received was when Mr. Housel told me I reminded him of a younger version of himself the first time I met him.  He was referring to the passion I have for Auburn University.

Wow...that's quite an awesome compliment...I would have been as giddy as a school girl after that...

17 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

We need a one cut and get up the field rb who sees the hole and hits it.  

Man... if Corey Grant had been better at this part...

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Man... if Corey Grant had been better at this part...

Well we need a bigger body than Grant. Mason was perfect  at executing what we need. I understand Grant wasn't that much smaller than Tre but there was no comparison who was harder to bring down.

2 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Well we need a bigger body than Grant. Mason was perfect  at executing what we need. I understand Grant wasn't that much smaller than Tre but there was no comparison who was harder to bring down.

I always thought Corey's problem was lack of vision. If he wasn't running a jet sweep he was explosive but usually exploded straight into a defender, lol.

4 hours ago, fredst said:

I always thought Corey's problem was lack of vision. If he wasn't running a jet sweep he was explosive but usually exploded straight into a defender, lol.

Yup. That dude is strong. Just couldn't or didn't make the right cuts.

18 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yup. That dude is strong. Just couldn't or didn't make the right cuts.

Yeah his biggest problem was lack of vision.  I know he layed the wood a few times on runs at Auburn.  However, he was not suited and would never have been able to be the bell cow like Tre was carrying the ball 30 plus in most games.  Tre was a one cut hit the whole runner which is what this offense requires IMO.

Archived