2018 4* RB Dameon Pierce

ellitor

51 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Well I"ve been calling @bigbird an idiot for seems like 10 years. Hadn't affected our wonderful relationship :hanged:

Its 'cause senility is no joking matter

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I know I rub some folks here the wrong way. I'm more of a realist and not so much a sunshine pumper. So I get the snark comments that come my way. Not a big deal.

MT has shut down his recruitment. Could he open things back up? Sure.

I do have some good connections inside the program but my better connections are outside the program. I do enjoy reading 23's take on things. Nice to have different prospective on things.  

WDE def knows his stuff.  MT is solid to Ohio State, but I would not call his recruitment shut down. Make no mistake the only way we will get MT is if Ohio State goes after and gets who they think is a bigger fish.  They are recruiting Zamir WHite who looks like a UGA lock, but I wouldn't count Urban out.  Now as of now it is not likely we get MT back, but given we have the year I expect I would not call it over as of yet.  We were going to be the pick if Ohio State had not offered.  MT would be an absolute stud in our running scheme.  Kid is a top 3 back in the country imo, and was the top back on our board. Question is how hard is Ohio STate still recruiting Zamir White?? Nobody except the coaches at Ohio STate and White know this.  I would rather have MT than White personally in our scheme. 

As for Asa I don't think he can be a bell cow Mason/Pettway type back.  He would fit more in the KJ role. We need a true rb in the class and DP fits this mold. Shivers will line up all over the field and I wouldn't count out us taking 2 more rbs in the class with Asa/DP.  Now with Asa who is supposed to commit in summer I believe how hard will bama push? As of now not very hard.  Now we were pushing for MT very hard before the Ohio State commit and neither us or bama was pushing very hard for Asa back in the spring. We were definitely recruiting Asa just not pushing for a commit back in the spring, and I believe bama wanted him at db but let him play rb for the entire camp he attended in Tuscaloosa. 

Latest on Pierce?  Is he/did he camping at Auburn this summer?   Special player.

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

Latest on Pierce?  Is he/did he camping at Auburn this summer?   Special player.

Nothing new. I don't think he needs to camp. I think his offer is already committable.

Sorry a couple days late Beaker but some in the AU camp now feel DP is an AU lean right now. Likely an AU-UF battle.

Pierce would be a good pickup for our backfield. However, I still believe we should sign 2 to 3 true RB's.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Sorry a couple days late Beaker but some in the AU camp now feel DP is an AU lean right now. Likely an AU-UF battle.

Best news I have heard all month!   Thanks so much!  Florida?  Where backs go to be forgotten.

4 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Pierce would be a good pickup for our backfield. However, I still believe we should sign 2 to 3 true RB's.

I Just rewatched his film.  Watch the first 7 plays.  Speed, slips a tackle, side steps well, changes gears well, nice quick first step, drags players and stiff arms.  Has a nose for open field....I don't think Pierce is missing much.  He would be a true gem.   maybe not the best cut back, but who has all the moves?  I love this player, but I am a fan, not a scout.

6 hours ago, Beaker said:

I Just rewatched his film.  Watch the first 7 plays.  Speed, slips a tackle, side steps well, changes gears well, nice quick first step, drags players and stiff arms.  Has a nose for open field....I don't think Pierce is missing much.  He would be a true gem.   maybe not the best cut back, but who has all the moves?  I love this player, but I am a fan, not a scout.

The best thing I like about him is if you are going to tackle him you are going to be punished for it.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

The best thing I like about him is if you are going to tackle him you are going to be punished for it.

Yeah I recall Pettway saying Ark didn't really want to tackle him that game.   It wears on a backer, play after play.   Spoiler alert: I love this RB  

17 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

The way he runs reminds me of Dyer for some reason..

The short somewhat choppy steps.

2 hours ago, GTNupe11 said:

Young Emmitt Smith.  Like freshman in college Emmitt is who he reminds me of. 

10 hours ago, GTNupe11 said:

Looking at him on film, I would have guessed that he had almost the exact same dimensions. He looks stockier than 5'11 205. Legs look like tree trunks, which is a quality that has served several of Gus's Auburn RBs well. I'll take an always-fal -forward, turn-2-yards-into-5 and 5-yards-into-10 kind of guy all day. Love Corch's Emmitt Smith comparison. Dyer, Ray Rice, Michael Turner... any of those guys. 

Watch DP's high lights then go watch Emmitt's college highlights.  Basically same build same style, body lean, the "rounded off" cuts, stride, gait, posture... all basically the same.  He's bigger then Ray Rice.  DP is 5'11" 205.  Freshman year Emmitt was 5'10" 200 which I think was giving Emmitt at least an inch.  

2 hours ago, corchjay said:

Watch DP's high lights then go watch Emmitt's college highlights.  Basically same build same style, body lean, the "rounded off" cuts, stride, gait, posture... all basically the same.  He's bigger then Ray Rice.  DP is 5'11" 205.  Freshman year Emmitt was 5'10" 200 which I think was giving Emmitt at least an inch.  

Great analogy, really.  I saw Emmitt (yeah, 5'8" prob) play in HS once or twice and didn't see the same physicality that I see in DP.   He did drag tacklers - a lot!  Honestly, Emmitt played only big school FB in HS.  I never saw Emmitt have that ability to change gears.  But I prob didn't want to see that either since he was UF commit.  

Pretty sure AU is the only school Emmitt never hung a 100 yd game on.  I am pretty sure Emmitt committed to Auburn, then mom got hired by an attorney from UF and he flipped.  He was going to study architecture and wanted to play on natural surface the word was.   He did ok in spite of playing for the "swamp lizards", as Leonard called them.

36 minutes ago, Beaker said:

He did ok in spite of playing for the "swamp lizards", as Leonard called them.

The Cowboy shine saved him.

I just watched his highlight tape. This guy can go inside, outside and it doesn't take long for his burners to kick in. I hope Auburn gets Pierce.

DP is our top target at rb at tho time has been since MT went to Ohio State. DP was number 2 on our board ahead of Asa who likely goes to bama if they want him. AU has a pretty big lead over UF. Looking good as I stated in the rb thread I believe this will be our rb signee. We are not guaranteeing HJ will be a rb like others who are just giving him what he wants to hear. Kind of like how Asa will be a db at bama if he commits there. We would take 2 more backs in this class fwiw if the right situation arose.

9 hours ago, milehighfan said:

Does St manyone really know why Pierce told little nicky thanks but no thanks?:dunno:

I think E told us it was the other way around.

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

Saban backed off DP. Although we were talking too him before hand. DP saw the depth at bama and didn't like the situation. I am not sure DP would have signed with bama even of Saban hadn't backed off. 

16 hours ago, milehighfan said:

Does St manyone really know why Pierce told little nicky thanks but no thanks?:dunno:

Both parted ways.

7 hours ago, Beaker said:

Nope. Someone posted it was one way. I posted it was also the other meaning both.

Archived