2018 4* RB Dameon Pierce

ellitor

On 6/11/2017 at 8:53 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Visited AU yesterday. 

Yep I don't expect him to hold off and wait to commit until after season.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems like all of his favorite schools are taking other RBs, so waiting until NSD may be an unwise decision.

Three guys moved their 24/7 Sports crystal ball predictions on Pierce to Auburn within the last 6 days.  Two of the three did it yesterday.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Three guys moved their 24/7 Sports crystal ball predictions on Pierce to Auburn within the last 6 days.  Two of the three did it yesterday.

I like the sound of that!

54 minutes ago, toddc said:

I like the sound of that!

I'd like it better if it came from teams covering his recruitment.

43 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I'd like it better if it came from teams covering his recruitment.

I'd like it even better if it came from Dameon Pierce. 

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

This appierce good for Auburn!

25 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Has Malzahn said if we're gonna sign 2 RB's or just 1?

Gus said he isn't taking any RB's this year.

29 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Gus directly, no. But yes we would sign 2-3 depending on running style. With Worm on board, looking for a big back. Preferably  Teague/Pierce/Cook with Martin/Joiner as secondary options.

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

He doesn't discuss such things in public.

2 hours ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Gus directly, no. But yes we would sign 2-3 depending on running style. With Worm on board, looking for a big back. Preferably  Teague/Pierce/Cook with Martin/Joiner as secondary options.

Actually Pierce & Martin appear to be on a 1st come 1st serve basis right now.

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, tigerwings said:

Very disappointed in how RB recruiting seems to be playing out. Oh well, it's only August...

42 minutes ago, fredst said:

Very disappointed in how RB recruiting seems to be playing out. Oh well, it's only August...

Teague and Pierce?   Asa leaning away.  What am I missing?  

Is it the negative recruiting or OL depth that is not allowing us to land the top commitments?  

What's the latest on Cook?

Do we ever take a flyer and try to flip players we didn't recruit hard or out of region players like Chris Brown in CA (uncommitted, top 20 back, 6-1, 220# with nice power)?  Or do we stick to relationship recruiting?

It is mind numbing to me how often we swing and miss with top RB's year in and year out.  It just does not make sense with how well we run the ball.

Whatever our pitch is to the top tailbacks every year we need to change it.  You can give me all of the excuses you want but we are getting blasted on the recruiting trail under Gus at the RB position.  It makes me sick to see teams like ugag claim the RB U title and back it up.  The other thing missing to me is the taller power/speed back.  Who was the last back we signed that was 6-1 220 pounds. Don't give me Pettway because until they had to play him Bubba was destined to be a blocking back.  Devan Barrett is the closest in height.  This staff seems to like 5'-11" 190 Lb tailbacks and those guys seem to like it at other places other than Auburn unfortunately.

On 7/28/2017 at 6:38 PM, ellitor said:

Actually Pierce & Martin appear to be on a 1st come 1st serve basis right now.

Looks  like neither at this point. Thought AU was in decent shape with Pierce.

2 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

Whatever our pitch is to the top tailbacks every year we need to change it.  You can give me all of the excuses you want but we are getting blasted on the recruiting trail under Gus at the RB position.  It makes me sick to see teams like ugag claim the RB U title and back it up.  The other thing missing to me is the taller power/speed back.  Who was the last back we signed that was 6-1 220 pounds. Don't give me Pettway because until they had to play him Bubba was destined to be a blocking back.  Devan Barrett is the closest in height.  This staff seems to like 5'-11" 190 Lb tailbacks and those guys seem to like it at other places other than Auburn unfortunately.

We haven't been RBU for a very long time now. AL, GA, FL State, and many more have handed our rear end to us on the recruiting trail for elite backs. for several years.  The last one we won on was Dyer. Even then, we lost on the best guy to South Carolina. Alabama has more running back talent on their present roster, than we have amassed in at least 7 years. I don't know what our approach is, but it ain't working. 

I am beating a dead horse, but look at the results we get with 'lesser' backs: Tre Mason, Cameron Artis-Payne, Corey Grant....

I agree, got to change the message.  It is ironic: we are so committed to a power running game, but we don't ardently recruit those kind of backs or we just miss ON EVERY SINGLE ONE WE RECRUIT.    The complimentary backs we recruit or bring in become studs, but our process is broken.

The Worm will likely be the next 1500 yd rusher for Auburn to prove my point...don't listen to me, I am just a fan.  A frustrated one at that.  

War Eagle, anyway.

Archived