2018 4* RB Dameon Pierce

ellitor

Growing up in Auburn,. It was common to run into Mr. Housel in and around town,.  He was always an identifiable figure, but always one who kids such as myself were drawn too as he also chatted it up with our parents etc...  As a youngster back then it was easy to see his general and constant love for "people".  Chappy' ofcourse is the Auburn old school local hotspot.   

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/14/2017 at 4:33 PM, corchjay said:

One of the psuedo insiders here said MT was all over we had no chance now

With all due respect Jay, WDE is not a psuedo insider. He may not be as connected to the program as much as 23 but he is well connected & has proven so many times over. Also It's possible for 2 connected people to have a different take on things.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Also It's possible for 2 connected people to have a different take on things.

Think about that for a couple of minutes. At least one of them is, by definition, wrong. That's why recruiting is anybody's guess until the signed LOI has come through the fax machine.

On 6/14/2017 at 5:12 PM, austudnt23 said:

One of the greatest compliments I have ever received was when Mr. Housel told me I reminded him of a younger version of himself the first time I met him.  He was referring to the passion I have for Auburn University.

I have not only liked David but admired and respected the job he did for Auburn.

8 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I have not only liked David but admired and respected the job he did for Auburn.

Yeah my dad and others who know more about his time at Auburn than I do call him a legend for what he has done for Auburn.

On 6/17/2017 at 3:10 PM, ellitor said:

With all due respect Jay, WDE is not a psuedo insider. He may not be as connected to the program as much as 23 but he is well connected & has proven so many times over. Also It's possible for 2 connected people to have a different take on things.

thanks for posting E, idiots like this is what has pushed so many insiders away from this site and have caused others to visit less frequently.

47 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

So, does anyone know if Pierce has any real interest in Auburn or not?

David Housel says that he does?....

On 6/17/2017 at 3:10 PM, ellitor said:

I know I rub some folks here the wrong way. I'm more of a realist and not so much a sunshine pumper. So I get the snark comments that come my way. Not a big deal.

MT has shut down his recruitment. Could he open things back up? Sure.

I do have some good connections inside the program but my better connections are outside the program. I do enjoy reading 23's take on things. Nice to have different prospective on things.  

12 hours ago, auburnphan said:

thanks for posting E, idiots like this is what has pushed so many insiders away from this site and have caused others to visit less frequently.

We good. Jay is a good dude. I just rubbed him the wrong way. 

6 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

We good. Jay is a good dude. I just rubbed him the wrong way. 

I know it does not bother you & never has. It just bugs me because you do it the way I feel is the right way. You're never boastful or beat your chest or proclaim you're an insider or anything like that. You just get the ball (info), get the TD, give the ball to the ref & go back & do it again (pass the info to us with no look for recognition). Yes there has been some info that didn't pan out but that's going to happen in recruiting where we are dealing with 16-18 year old youngsters who could change their mind on the flip of a dime but I would venture to guess most of what you have posted was correct at the time you posted it. All that to say thank you for being here & giving us some scoops.

37 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I know I rub some folks here the wrong way. I'm more of a realist and not so much a sunshine pumper. So I get the snark comments that come my way. Not a big deal.

MT has shut down his recruitment. Could he open things back up? Sure.

I do have some good connections inside the program but my better connections are outside the program. I do enjoy reading 23's take on things. Nice to have different prospective on things.  

Just to let you know I appreciate your input. I also appreciate austudent23 as others have said even when you have inside information or outside information we are still dealing with 17-19 year old kids so there is no sure thing.  You and austsudent23 both have great track records but because recruiting prognostication is an inexact science nobody is 100%

On 6/17/2017 at 4:59 PM, Mikey said:

Think about that for a couple of minutes. At least one of them is, by definition, wrong. That's why recruiting is anybody's guess until the signed LOI has come through the fax machine.

Of course that's true, but that doesn't mean that some people haven't demonstrated a better track record on it than others.  

Not necessarily. The 2 apparently opposing views could just be the same info from 2 different perspectives. 

Example: A. MT has shut his recruitment down. B. We will be in it until the end. 

Truth:  MT has "committed" and has said he has shut it down. However, a commitment to OSU from ZW could change things. We were #2 and he has a good relationship with our staff. Also, a solid product on the field from our new and improved O could answer some of the questions he had. 

Therefore, examples A and B can both be true, just different perspectives (short game vs long game). 

My 2 cents, TIFWIW (maybe a penny and a half, lol)

DP is a good one too and if we land either of them I will be happy!

1 minute ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Not necessarily. The 2 apparently opposing views could just be the same info from 2 different perspectives. 

Example: A. MT has shut his recruitment down. B. We will be in it until the end. 

Truth:  MT has "committed" and has said he has shut it down. However, a commitment to OSU from ZW could change things. We were #2 and he has a good relationship with our staff. Also, a solid product on the field from our new and improved O could answer some of the questions he had. 

Therefore, examples A and B can both be true, just different perspectives (short game vs long game). 

Agree with that. 

14 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Too many acronyms for my mind to handle on a Monday morning. ???

25 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Agree with that. 

Following recruiting requires a good bit of "reading between the lines", a skill many people are either unwilling or unable to acquire. 

10 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Following recruiting requires a good bit of "reading between the lines", a skill many people are either unwilling or unable to acquire. 

Preach preachin'. (Translation: "Well said.")

18 hours ago, auburnphan said:

At the same time, phan, rude comments like calling someone who has more true football knowledge than 90% of this board an idiot runs off others who are also very valuable to the board. The truth of the matter is everyone could benefit from being more respectful from time to time.

26 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

At the same time, phan, rude comments like calling someone who has more true football knowledge than 90% of this board an idiot runs off others who are also very valuable to the board. The truth of the matter is everyone could benefit from being more respectful from time to time.

Yeah. I missed that. Idiot is a harsh word. @corchjay is a valuable member of the site. We don't need to be running off AU fans who are coaches like him, nor calling anyone idoits even if they don't have Jay's football acumen.

It's all good Fellas.  WDE and I don't personally know each other but we understand we are on different sides of opinion and we seem to be cool with that.  I don't take anything personal on a message board.

And I still think MT and DP are both high quality backs that could excel in our offense.  A 3 headed monster of either of those 2, Asa Martin, and Shivers would make a great running back class.  I think the staff is still unsure if they take 2 or 3 backs this cycle.  I guess that depends on the quality of the back.  

Archived