2018 QB recruiting

ellitor

9 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I differ. I value chemistry, knowledge of the offense and experience more in this situation.

If Chip runs the show the O is nearly as new to him as Dunn. Jax St. ran pretty much the same O as Gus so if Gus is calling the shots Dunn knows the O just as well as Golson with maybe a few terminology differences. And Dunn has 3 or 4 years starting Center experience albeit at a smaller level.

13 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I don't consider AG better at OG than C.

I did not say nor imply he was. I'm talking about playing the best 5. If Dunn is as good or better at C the AG could play OG or RT if he is the one of the best other 4 spots

16 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

If it ain't broke...don't fix it. Especially at the C spot. No need to over think things. 

.AG was solid overall but nothing great at C. He had his struggles. If Dunn & AG are 2 of the best 5 then they both should play, Dunn at C & AG at one of the other spots.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the last post on the OL in this thread by the way. If you want to discuss it more go to PMs or the football forum.

Just now, ellitor said:

If Chip runs the show the O is nearly as new to him as Dunn. Jax St. ran pretty much the same O as Gus so if Gus is calling the shots Dunn knows the O just as well as Golson with maybe a few terminology differences. And Dunn has 3 or 4 years starting Center experience albeit at a smaller level.

I did not say nor imply he was. I'm talking about playing the best 5. If Dunn is as good or better at C the AG could play OG or RT if he is the one of the best other 4 spots

.AG was solid overall but nothing great at C. He had his struggles. If Dunn & AG are 2 of the best 5 then they both should play, Dunn at C & AG at one of the other spots.

But wasn't X considered better than AG last year at C and that wasn't the case? I just don't agree. I don't doubt Dunn's talent but even though he has played in a similar offense as ours it's still an adjustment period. And with the team we have and with Clemson being game #2 i'm not interested in experimenting with positions on our OL that don't need to be changed. Sometimes coaches can outsmart themselves.

Dunn's not that much head and shoulders better than AG IMO to just slide AG out of C; a spot that he's clearly improved at. Therefore, i  value AG and what he's done at C compared to Dunn. IMO it takes away from actually having 3 "starters" return if you're just going to move everyone on the line. As i stated i don't mind moving the others but my preference would be to not move AG. We shall see though.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That's the last post on the OL in this thread by the way. If you want to discuss it more go to PMs or the football forum.

Well you did respond. 

4 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Well you did respond. 

Yes & said that was the last one off topic on current OL in this thread. You could have replied with a PM or starting a thread in the football forum. This is the 3rd or 4th time this thread has been derailed by current OL talk. I'm tired of people not listening or just ignoring posts trying to get this thread on topic.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yes & said that was the last one off topic on current OL in this thread. You could have replied with a PM or starting a thread in the football forum. This is the 3rd or 4th time this thread has been derailed by current OL talk. I'm tired of people not listening or just ignoring posts trying to get this thread on topic.

Ok. E. chill. Goodness.

Back on topic I hope we don't miss on Fields so we don't have to go searching for a 2nd QB in the class.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Back on topic I hope we don't miss on Fields so we don't have to go searching for a 2nd QB in the class.

I believe Fields will set off a chain of top commitments coming to the good guys if we get him on board. That's almost as important as getting him imo!

I never believe in momentum signings with HS kids. It is like these top players that commit to us, making phone calls to other top recruits on our list, trying to persuade them to come to AU with them. How much does that really work? I believe very very little.

So getting Fields, I will be ecstatic with. But don't expect a chain of other top ones to commit, Unless you are simply dreaming. :jossun:

I'm not saying he calls them to play with him, but the receiver or olineman may want to play with a top qb thinking it betters their chance of winning championship s! Jmo. No stats to back it up!

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Thank you for getting on topic peeps...

giphy.gif

Sooo.... about those FSU dimepieces....Just kidding. I wholeheartedly believe that with an elite season we bag Fields, Ross, and whoever else they want that's an Auburn prospect. We gone be running it for  several years!!!.... Hopefully ??

On June 28, 2017 at 7:45 PM, austudnt23 said:

We will throw alot of screens we always have but we are making a priority to stretch the field with the offense CL brought. The route tree and passing game has been drastically upgraded.  Along with our qb coaching. I still think Gus is a good maybe great head coach but his offense was figured out and he didnt adapt. Gus run offense scheme wise etc is very good imo.

I guess I should have suggested in my OP,  throwing short early.   Just like a run,. It brings the d forward which can open up the top.  

Basically a warm up to ensure our OT's can provide coverage as well as give the opposing D that same type look.  

The article on page one said Auburn was going to eval Williams and Littlejohn this summer.  Cordell Littlejohn is still on the PSU list I just read.   That list is prob stale.  I still like Littlejohn

Regardless, I am wondering if Lindsey had either of these two in here to eval as the article noted.  Just wondering about our contingency plan.  

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

The article on page one said Auburn was going to eval Williams and Littlejohn this summer.  Cordell Littlejohn is still on the PSU list I just read.   That list is prob stale.  I still like Littlejohn

Regardless, I am wondering if Lindsey had either of these two in here to eval as the article noted.  Just wondering about our contingency plan.  

I don't think AU has had a QB camp yet. Also as stated a week or 2 ago contingency plans will likely not be made public til after Fields makes a commitment.

• 2 weeks later...

Rush Propst's star quarterback to throw for Alabama, Auburn

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/07/rush_propsts_star_quarterback.html

A sleeper quarterback candidate to join Alabama or Auburn's class plays for one of the most recognized names in Alabama high school football history.

Steven Krajewski is a 6-foot-4, 205-pound three-star recruit from Colquitt County High School in Moultrie, Ga., and he's now the starting quarterback for Rush Propst, who won multiple state championships at Hoover High School last decade.

Krajewski will throw for Alabama and Auburn on Saturday. His top offers now include Connecticut, Syracuse and Georgia State, but there's potential for more.

"He's climbing the ladder fast," Propst said while Colquitt County was in Hoover for the USA Football 7on7 championships. "I think he's one of the top three quarterbacks in the state of Georgia."

Given what that state has in terms of star quarterback, it's an enormous compliment. Propst believes that five-star recruits Justin Fields and Trevor Lawrence - perhaps the nation's top two prospects nationally - are No. 1 and 2 in some order. Then there's Krajewski.

But he's entering his first year as a starter, so he wasn't on many schools' radar until this spring. Krajewski moved to Georgia before last season from Michigan after his father George retired and wanted to live in warmer weather. He didn't start last season as the Packers had an established senior starter.

Now, it's his time to shine. Alabama offensive coordinator Brian Daboll and Auburn offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey have been in contact and both want to see him perform on their campus.

"They wouldn't have invited him to camp to throw if they didn't like him," Propst said. "They need to see him live and in color and that's what we're going to go."

Krajewski performed in front of Georgia coaches at a recent 7on7 tournament there, one which Colquitt County win and Propst praised his quarterback's performance. The Bulldogs, like Auburn, are all in for Fields and likely waiting to see what he does before going after another quarterback.

Propst said Krajewski has gotten better with each camp performance.

"It's an incredible opportunity to go throw for such great schools," Krajewski said. "I'm very excited. I can't wait. I'm just truly blessed to have that opportunity.

"The coaches have talked to me. I've got to go in with the mindset that I'm the best one there."

Krajewski said that he's heard more from Auburn at this point than Alabama. The Tigers have a quarterback commitment in Joey Gatewood from Jacksonville, Fla., but would like to sign two. Alabama does not have a quarterback committed yet for this class.

It's clear that Fields is the top option, not just for those two schools but others such as Georgia. Fields visited Auburn on Thursday and Alabama expects him to visit again later this week for its Champions Cookout.

"I'm looking forward to throwing for them to show them what I can do," Krajewski said.

Last season, Krajewski hit 20 of 28 passes for 292 yards and five touchdowns. He also runs a 4.8 in the 40-yard dash, Propst said.

Propst said earlier this spring that Krajewski needed to work on his touch, moving around the pocket more and finding his check down.

So far, he keeps getting better. Now, it's on to Krajewski to earn that Power 5 conference offer he desires.

"I think he's a Division I quarterback," Propst said. "I think he's a Power 5 guy. I've been doing this a long time. He's big. He's strong. He loves the game of football. I've seen a lot of them play in that league that's not as good as he is.

"After those two quarterbacks (Fields and Lawrence), I've had a lot of people tell me that Steven is probably the next guy."

• 2 months later...

So, AU has only two scholarship QB on roster and at lest a possibility of one of them going pro this year. I would think AU would have to sign at lest 2 QBs this year. One would be JG and it seems like Fields is not a possibility. So, who would be the next best possible guy? I was reading through and saw a few names mentioned but it has been a while since  they have been talked about?

Two names immediately come to my mind: 

1) the Ohio State transfer QB/WR; 

2) Cordell Littlejohn

3) a diamond in the rough that no one has discovered yet but might be REALLY REALLY  good at the college level some day. There are a few of those every year it seems. 

5 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Two names immediately come to my mind: 

1) the Ohio State transfer QB/WR; 

2) Cordell Littlejohn

3) a diamond in the rough that no one has discovered yet but might be REALLY REALLY  good at the college level some day. There are a few of those every year it seems. 

If you are talking about Torrence Gibson then he is no longer with his CC team, so I seriously hope we are not pursuing him.

Just now, lkeel75 said:

If you are talking about Torrence Gibson then he is no longer with his CC team, so I seriously hope we are not pursuing him.

Oh no. Didn't hear that. Did he get kicked off another team? If so, I agree. 

Just now, thaitopher said:

Oh no. Didn't hear that. Did he get kicked off another team? If so, I agree. 

According to the article it just said he was no longer with the team.

3 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

This should be our new QB priority list

1. Emory Jones (Ohio State commit)

2. Justin Rodgers (TCU commit)

3. Jarren Williams (Kentucky commit)

Why should we go after a player who is committed to one of the top programs in the country in Jones. Wouldn't that be a big waste of time?

Archived