Tucker, GA (Tucker)
Ht: 6-2 | Wt: 213

• Class of 2018
  • 7/22/17 and 6/03/17 Unofficial Visits to AU
  • 3/04/17 AU Junior Day attendee
  • Recruiter: Larry Porter

247 Sports: 4*
Rivals: 4*

Offers: Auburn, Alabama, Colorado State, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa State, Jacksonville State, LSU, Maryland, Mississippi State, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, South Alabama, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt and Wake Forest, among others.

• Like 1

Might be the #1 LB on AU's board
Has been a tOSU lean for a very long time but tOSU may have other LBs higher on their board & not take him
AU & UGA are in his next group & he has recently visited AU twice. All per Keith

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

I have no issues with taking Ohio State's leftovers....especially if UGA wants him too!

tOSU already had a good board of LB targets before they were aware MH liked them so much. He hasn't even visited tOSU.

Reminds me of a young Kris Frost but with a linebacker physicality.  Never thought Kris was physical enough for his skill set.  

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Reminds me of a young Kris Frost but with a linebacker physicality.  Never thought Kris was physical enough for his skill set.  

Damn good call coach! I was thinking KF was taller & bigger as a recruit than MH. Well the difference is only 1/2 inch & 1 pound.

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

Damn good call coach! I was thinking KF was taller & bigger as a recruit than MH. Well the difference is only 1/2 inch & 1 pound.

KF would be scared of Harris. 

• Like 6

Like his film. Man, we are on some good-looking LB prospects this year! Glad T-Will is our man to close on them!

20 hours ago, ellitor said:

Has been a tOSU lean for a very long time but tOSU may have other LBs higher on their board & not take him
AU & UGA are in his next group & he has recently visited AU twice. All per Keith

Kinda crazy. He is our possible # 1 and not even a take for OSU.

36 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

Kinda crazy. He is our possible # 1 and not even a take for OSU.

Tier 1 vs tier 2

Top LB target says he’s thinking Buckeyes, Tigers

Auburn’s numbers might be limited at linebacker in the 2018 class, but there’s no question Michael Harris is at or near the top of the Tigers’ wish list.

Harris, the No. 14 ILB from Tucker (Ga.), has visited the Tigers twice since the Tigers offered in February. But the Harris conversation has always revolved around his favorite childhood school, Ohio State.

In fact, a few of his high school teammates — also top recruits, including Auburn OL target Dylan Wonnum — joked that whenever they share recruiting notes, Harris always reverts back to the Buckeyes.

Harris wanted to make one amendment to his teammates’ comments.

“I talk about Ohio State,” Harris said, “and Auburn. I’m liking Auburn a lot, too.”

A big reason for that is his relationship with Auburn linebacker coach Travis Williams.

Auburn football-Travis Williams-Auburn recruiting
LB coach Travis Williams (Benjamin Wolk/SEC Country)

The two share a close relationship, and Harris has a tight bond with head coach Gus Malzahn as well. Those connections are helping the Tigers stay in contention with the Buckeyes despite Harris’ public claims that Ohio State will be nearly impossible to beat.

“I like talking to T-Will. He’s always checking in on me and all that,” Harris said.

There has been an interesting trend lately when it comes to Harris.

For months, every single prediction for Harris understandably favored the Buckeyes. In the last week, two writers — both who cover Ohio State — have changed their picks from the Buckeyes to the Tigers. Part of that has to do with a growing roster uncertainty in Columbus, especially with another top linebacker Teradja Mitchell slated to decide between Ohio State and Florida State.

Those two college decisions could be linked, which might affect Harris’ plans going forward.

For now, Harris isn’t thinking like that or even suggesting that’s the case. He has a visit planned on June 17 to go to Columbus to meet Urban Meyer for the first time.

He hopes that visit will help give him more clarity as he approaches an end date.

“(I’ll decide) probably more toward the end of the summer or after I take my SAT/ACT,” Harris said.

• 4 weeks later...

Thread title updated. Harris is now a 4*.

Also note worth. tOSU has picked up 2-3 LB commits the past 2+ weeks. Not sure how much room they have left for MH.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2017 at 4:40 PM, corchjay said:

I remember Frost's game against uga his senior year. He looked more like a blocking dummy than A SEC LB.

15 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I remember Frost's game against uga his senior year. He looked more like a blocking dummy than A SEC LB.

Yea, but I also remember him taking down Johnny Football at a critical time during that game. Frost was not perfect but.......

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Yea, but I also remember him taking down Johnny Football at a critical time during that game. Frost was not perfect but.......

And, saving the Ole Miss game tackling Treadwell (albeit breaking his ankle all to hell in the process). His athleticism allowed him to have his moments, just none that required physicality, lol

• Like 3

On 5/2/2017 at 3:39 PM, ellitor said:

What's the appeal with Ohio St.? Kinda pissed we lost Master Teague lll to them only after they recently offered. I imagine the weather is miserable during the winter and I wouldn't guess they have a lot of hotties up there like southern schools have. Like I said, I just don't comprehend the appeal. Don't get me wrong, I think Urban Meyer is a great coach but growing up, I don't ever remember Ohio State coming to the south and hand picking the players they want, sigh. I guess Urban's got it like that nowadays.

It's not only the fact the Buckeyes have a top notch program, but some players from the south go to schools up north because they have never seen snow. I don't think it's done anywhere like it was in the past.

I live in Colorado and I will be the first to tell you, I HATE SNOW!

48 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

It's not only the fact the Buckeyes have a top notch program, but some players from the south go to schools up north because they have never seen snow. I don't think it's done anywhere like it was in the past.

I like the snow more than the hail and winds the past few years.  Maybe with the exception of the snow fall we had in Colorado Springs in June.

17 hours ago, TigerWar said:

What's the appeal with Ohio St.? Kinda pissed we lost Master Teague lll to them only after they recently offered. I imagine the weather is miserable during the winter and I wouldn't guess they have a lot of hotties up there like southern schools have. Like I said, I just don't comprehend the appeal. Don't get me wrong, I think Urban Meyer is a great coach but growing up, I don't ever remember Ohio State coming to the south and hand picking the players they want, sigh. I guess Urban's got it like that nowadays.

Your team is always rated highly so you get good TV exposure and you play a weaker schedule so you look better when you play against weaker opponents. Add that to a recruit who goes to visit during a summer camp where it is 5-10 degrees cooler then the camp in Alabama and then add the well known coach and you have a lot going for you. When you don't see much snow and cold it is neat for a short time. It is half way through their first winter that they start wondering why they made that choice.

17 hours ago, TigerWar said:

Their enrollment is 66k to Auburn's 28. Percentage-wise, you're probably right. Numbers wise, it's probably not even close. Not to mention, girls in that area might be, uh, a little less conservative than girls at most SEC schools. 

17 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I live in Alabama and I hate snow too.

19 hours ago, PikesEagle said:

I like the snow more than the hail and winds the past few years.  Maybe with the exception of the snow fall we had in Colorado Springs in June.

I never had to deal with hail until I moved to Colorado. We've been fortunate in that we have not suffered any body damage to our car because of the hail. Thank the Lord, I hope he continues to see protect us.

I think we win out with this one.  This is just my opinion.  He loves Auburn and mom wants him at Auburn.  We just have to overcome the childhood favorite.  OSU has guys higher on the board like E said.  A lb class of Harris, RJ, ZM, will be stellar.  Also don't count out Walker just yet from what I have heard even though he committed to bama..  Lets let the season play out and I think it will sway a lot of these kids who ha AU #2 our way.  Big Cat and Coach could help us in the end with QW.  JJ  Peterson speaking of lbs loves Auburn and Travis, however we have a couple of things working against us.  One is Alabama has been a top flight lb school for nearly a decade now and Peterson is big on being able to get to the NFL.  ALso Propst will not do us any favors with his former DC at Hoover Pruitt the current DC at Bama.  Propst is a friend of CL who use to coach at Spain Park, but Pruitt and RP are very close.

Edited by austudnt23

Speaking of lbs we have a stud coming out of Auburn High next year.  Hopefully we are able to buck the recent trend with Foster and Evans.  We are in good shape with him atm.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Their enrollment is 66k to Auburn's 28. Percentage-wise, you're probably right. Numbers wise, it's probably not even close. Not to mention, girls in that area might be, uh, a little less conservative than girls at most SEC schools. 

Depends :timeout: