***2018 4* LB Michael Harris Commits to Auburn!!!***

ellitor

2 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Speaking of lbs we have a stud coming out of Auburn High next year.  Hopefully we are able to buck the recent trend with Foster and Evans.  We are in good shape with him atm.

As long as he doesn't get an AU tattoo before signing...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Depends :timeout:

On average, oh pirate of the 18-hole seas. 

(Auburn actually was ranked most conservative campus in the country recently. Not sure how many ladies were consulted.)

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

On average, oh pirate of the 18-hole seas. 

(Auburn actually was ranked most conservative campus in the country recently. Not sure how many ladies were consulted.)

key word

• Like 2

On 6/13/2017 at 4:54 PM, TigerWar said:

What's the appeal with Ohio St.? Kinda pissed we lost Master Teague lll to them only after they recently offered. I imagine the weather is miserable during the winter and I wouldn't guess they have a lot of hotties up there like southern schools have. Like I said, I just don't comprehend the appeal. Don't get me wrong, I think Urban Meyer is a great coach but growing up, I don't ever remember Ohio State coming to the south and hand picking the players they want, sigh. I guess Urban's got it like that nowadays.

Specific to Harris it's his dream school. It still remains to be seen if he's a take for them.

On 6/13/2017 at 4:54 PM, TigerWar said:

What's the appeal with Ohio St.? Kinda pissed we lost Master Teague lll to them only after they recently offered. I imagine the weather is miserable during the winter and I wouldn't guess they have a lot of hotties up there like southern schools have. Like I said, I just don't comprehend the appeal. Don't get me wrong, I think Urban Meyer is a great coach but growing up, I don't ever remember Ohio State coming to the south and hand picking the players they want, sigh. I guess Urban's got it like that nowadays.

Well, one of the premier school in the nation. Constantly putting players in the NFL. It is a blue chip program with lots of tradition. You will get constant exposure being the face of the big ten. All that plays dividends in your decision when your goal is to make the NFL...Not the power of the vagina.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Well, one of the premier school in the nation. Constantly putting players in the NFL. It is a blue chip program with lots of tradition. You will get constant exposure being the face of the big ten. All that plays dividends in your decision when your goal is to make the NFL...Not the power of the vagina.

The V is powerful...lol

In an article I just read he reportedly left tOSU without an offer. Hopefully, that's a good sign for Auburn.

Edited by milehighfan

16 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

In an article I just read he reportedly left tOSU without an offer. Hopefully, that's a good sign for Auburn.

He has and has had an offer from tOSU for over 3 months now. Whether that offer is a committable remains to be seen.

Edited by ellitor

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He has and has had an offer from tOSU for over 3 months now. Whether that offer is a committable remains to be seen.

An offer is not really an offer, unless it is a commitable offer....in my book.   I bet AU's offer is commitable.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

An offer is not really an offer, unless it is a commitable offer....in my book.   I bet AU's offer is commitable.  

AU's is. Non-committable offers are considered offers to the recruits & staffs too FTR..

Edited by ellitor

57 minutes ago, ellitor said:

A non committable offer is not an offer. Period. If he left OSU without a committable offer, he left without an offer. It's time the recruiting world found something less silly than "non committable offer". The term is nonsense.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Mikey said:

A non committable offer is not an offer. Period. If he left OSU without a committable offer, he left without an offer. It's time the recruiting world found something less silly than "non committable offer". The term is nonsense.

No. It's an offer that has stipulations attached to it. It could be grades, weight, test scores, along with many other things. If the player meets those, then he may commit. If he doesn't, then they both move on.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Mikey said:

agreed.....

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Agree to an extent but that's not how it works in today's recruiting world

I would think a non-commitable offer is only "not an offer" if the recruit let's their pride prevent them from waiting on whatever conditions have to be met. Ultimately it doesn't mean jack until a letter of intent is signed by a prospect and accepted by the school anyway....except to us pathetic humans that spend a bunch of time worrying where some damn 18 year old is going to play football (yes, I'm one of them, lol).

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

No. It's an offer that has stipulations attached to it. It could be grades, weight, test scores, along with many other things. If the player meets those, then he may commit. If he doesn't, then they both move on.

This a hundred times over.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

An offer with stipulations is not an offer. If one cannot accept the offering, it's not an offer. "We're interested in you but..." is not an offer of employment. Just show up at your (hopefully) new job with nothing but that and see how fast they show you the door. An offer, any offer, is something that can be accepted.

Specific to the situation of players, I seriously doubt that these "non-offers" can be accepted as soon as the player gains/loses 12 pounds or makes a grade of B in his history class. There are more strings attached than what the player himself can control, thus there is no offer.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

Think what you want, but from my experience with them, you're mistaken.

So, you are saying that no matter how many LB's OSU gets lined up, Harris has a scholarship there waiting for him if he does certain things? "Experts" here say that's not the case and if it's not the case then he doesn't have an offer.

38 minutes ago, Mikey said:

So, you are saying that no matter how many LB's OSU gets lined up, Harris has a scholarship there waiting for him if he does certain things? "Experts" here say that's not the case and if it's not the case then he doesn't have an offer.

There's really no point in furthering this. Your mind is clearly made up. As a final note though, I have a safety playing at LA Lafayette instead of TAMU, because his offer to TAMU was contingent on a higher ACT score. If he had scored high enough, they would have gladly accepted his commitment. That's how non-commitable offers work. I also have a LB at TCU that did make the grades.

• Like 3

So maybe it should be called a contingent offer instead of a non-commitable offer and that way the smoke clears for everyone concerned. :dunno:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, gr82be said:

So maybe it should be called a contingent offer instead of a non-commitable offer and that way the smoke clears for everyone concerned. :dunno:

They mean the same thing in the recruiting world. A noncommittable offer is not set in stone to remain that way. It is contingent on stipulations being met set forth by the staff recruiting the prospect.

• Like 1