***2018 4* LB Michael Harris Commits to Auburn!!!***

ellitor

it is just like being offered a job contingent on passing a drug test. You have an offer, you can accept but if the contingency doesn't occur then the offer is withdrawn and you go your way and the employer looks for someone else. Pretty simple to understand actually.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, auol72 said:

it is just like being offered a job contingent on passing a drug test. You have an offer, you can accept but if the contingency doesn't occur then the offer is withdrawn and you go your way and the employer looks for someone else. Pretty simple to understand actually.

Great example. 

11 minutes ago, auol72 said:

Except for the fact that 90% of the non-commitable offers are not like this. They are more of a way of a team keeping the recruit as a backup plan because the majority of "non-commitable" offers say things such as "this offer is contingent on you improving as a player" or some BS like that. Here is a good article I saw this morning on what a "non-commitable" offer really is.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/201519-college-football-recruiting-101-the-offer-game-how-it-all-works

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Except for the fact that 90% of the non-commitable offers are not like this. They are more of a way of a team keeping the recruit as a backup plan because the majority of "non-commitable" offers say things such as "this offer is contingent on you improving as a player" or some BS like that. Here is a good article I saw this morning on what a "non-commitable" offer really is.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/201519-college-football-recruiting-101-the-offer-game-how-it-all-works

The contingencies are not BS as much as you think. And whether the contingency is passing a piss test in the real world or others higher on the board going else where in the recruiting world they are the same thing, an offer contingent on something happening making it committable. There are only 25 new schollies a team can give each year & many teams are going after the same players so noncommittable offers are a necessary given the current landscape.  Giving only committable offers is the definition of putting all your eggs in one basket. When they commit elsewhere you left with a basket of much lesser recruits than you could have had if you had given a number of noncommittable offers out to guys you liked in the next tier after the committable prospects. Like the article said, if you don't offer near the same time the other Jones's do than that recruit will not consider you often times.

10 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

So Mr Harris hummmmm 

I bet he's way better than Sean White. Stronger arm, more mobile. Definitely the dual threat LB Gus needs to run his system. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

So Mr Harris hummmmm 

More like Mr. Harris...heat seeking missile.

• Like 1

Harris mom loves and wants him at Auburn.  Ohio STate got Mitchell and has a couple guys ahead of Harris still.  I believe we will get Harris who is at the top of our board at his position.  We would already have Harris on board if he had not grew up in Ohio and was an Ohio State fan.  OSU is stringing him along in case they don't get those in front of him on their board which I am not familiar with who all they are recruiting at lb so I really don't know who they are waiting on before giving Harris a committable offer. Even if Harris gets the committable offer I still don't believe it will be a done deal he signs with OSU.  With the case of me and most on this board I know it is hard to believe that a kid would turn down a school he grew up rooting for and is a fan of, but a lot of these kids aren't as big of fans as say we are.  Auburn is in my blood with me being an alum and generations of family members who attended and some now work at the University and there would be no way I could or would turn down an AUburn offer.  With Harris I don't know if his loyalty and fanhood runs that deep, but I doubt it considering his mom prefers Auburn.  Now Bird knows more about this process than I do so I defer to him, but I know Harris does not have a committable offer to OSU atm. All that being said I believe we get Harris in the end.

Edited by austudnt23
  • Like 2

Contingency offers, or non-committable offers, are more often than not contingent upon the school that's offering not being able to land players that are higher on their board. Look no farther than higher up this thread, where it was stated that Harris likely would not get a committable offer from OSU because they had guys higher on their board. In effect, he does not have an offer in any sense of the word.

From the bleacher report link above: " Tennessee and Alabama for example have offered close to 150 kids a scholarship this year so far. Keep in mind you can only bring in 25 players a year, so offering 150 seems outrageous. " 150? These aren't offers, they are very close to lies.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, bigbird said:

Great example. 

It is a good example... Sort of.  

Companies do not offer 100 positions to 25 slots,. And the first 25 who pee clearly get the job... 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Contingency offers, or non-committable offers, are more often than not contingent upon the school that's offering not being able to land players that are higher on their board. Look no farther than higher up this thread, where it was stated that Harris likely would not get a committable offer from OSU because they had guys higher on their board. In effect, he does not have an offer in any sense of the word.

From the bleacher report link above: " Tennessee and Alabama for example have offered close to 150 kids a scholarship this year so far. Keep in mind you can only bring in 25 players a year, so offering 150 seems outrageous. " 150? These aren't offers, they are very close to lies.

Dead on!  

8 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Dead on!  

Not really but that topic is closed for any further discussion in this thread. Now get back to Michael Harris!

13 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Harris mom loves and wants him at Auburn.  Ohio STate got Mitchell and has a couple guys ahead of Harris still.  I believe we will get Harris who is at the top of our board at his position.  We would already have Harris on board if he had not grew up in Ohio and was an Ohio State fan.  OSU is stringing him along in case they don't get those in front of him on their board which I am not familiar with who all they are recruiting at lb so I really don't know who they are waiting on before giving Harris a committable offer. Even if Harris gets the committable offer I still don't believe it will be a done deal he signs with OSU.  With the case of me and most on this board I know it is hard to believe that a kid would turn down a school he grew up rooting for and is a fan of, but a lot of these kids aren't as big of fans as say we are.  Auburn is in my blood with me being an alum and generations of family members who attended and some now work at the University and there would be no way I could or would turn down an AUburn offer.  With Harris I don't know if his loyalty and fanhood runs that deep, but I doubt it considering his mom prefers Auburn.  Now Bird knows more about this process than I do so I defer to him, but I know Harris does not have a committable offer to OSU atm. All that being said I believe we get Harris in the end.

Thanks 23!!!  That sounds about as good as we could expect at this point. 

15 hours ago, Mikey said:

At the same time, it's a two way street.  These kids are usually told if it's a "committable" or "contingent" offer. When it's contingent, the kid can list it as an offer which often times raises their stock, getting them more and better committable offers. Sure there's the downside that it creates hope that the spot will open up for them at the school of their dreams, but in the end, even if they don't end up where they really want to, the likely end up somewhere better than they would had they not gotten the contingent offer to begin with.

Can't we move this to the definition of commitable offers forum?

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Harris next?

Don't know. If he commits soon it's either us or UGA.

5 hours ago, MCPeePants said:

3 crystal balls in the past hour or two to the good guys.  I do believe he's next; we shall see.

2 from AU reporters & 1 from a UGA reporter so that is a positive trend indeed.

• Like 2

Harris is underrated in my view. He can absolutely ball and would be a perfect fit in our scheme. Personal opinion, he, Tindall, and McClain would give us the best set of LBs in this year's class. If I'm making a Christmas list, all three are on it!

• Like 2

AU trending big here. 6 picks to AU in the past 12 hours. On the teams involved in his recruitment AU has 5 of the 6 picks: 2 from AU reporters,  2 from UGA reporters, & 1 of 2 from tOSU reporters which was a flip this morning.

The only thing I'm worried about here is how often things change in recruiting. If Ohio State offers at the 11th hour of NSD, he's heading to Columbus right?

TIA

9 minutes ago, brad5628AU said:

If Ohio State offers at the 11th hour of NSD, he's heading to Columbus right?

TIA

Possibly but right now tOSU is gettin nearly errybody they want so the odds of them offering late are pretty low.

Plus Harris's High School coach has a rule for his players to commit & end their recruitment before their SR season.

Edited by ellitor