Schedule idea

AUwent

Just now, AUinTLoosa said:

But UA wouldn't be able to play us and UT every season.

Iff, however, Mizou would save some travel expenses, but

you're right - Never going to happen.

I am sure they have travel expenses for sure. I am sure this is off set by that check they are also getting for being a member of the $EC. They won't complain, especially since they came from the Texas League.

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

I also think people are forgetting about the fact that we could potentially play Bama 2 times in 2 weeks if we both make the SECCG. I think somebody might die if that were to happen. Especially if we bring the brooms out and sweep them.

Yes that would be insane. I can see the meltdown now.

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I also think people are forgetting about the fact that we could potentially play Bama 2 times in 2 weeks if we both make the SECCG. I think somebody might die if that were to happen. Especially if we bring the brooms out and sweep them.

I, for one, have high hopes of beating UGA twice this year.

Ain't skeered.

Just now, AUinTLoosa said:

I'd rather see Kirby fall flat on his face and not even sniff the SEC Championship game.

6 hours ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Ain't skeered.

UGA...Gus Malzhan Kryptonite.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

I'd rather see Kirby fall flat on his face and not even sniff the SEC Championship game.

Grump

10 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I'm wondering how some people would feel about the East/West split if we were in the middle of our "Fear the other thumb" runs and had no problem getting Ws against Bama. Would there still be a faction of fans who felt like we should be in the East? Does anyone really care about geographical accuracy? Seems like being geographically correct in terms of being in East or West is kind of trivial. 

I get that the East is significantly easier right now. But these things are cyclical. Remember when you could win the West with a 5-3 conference record? That's when UGA, UF, and UT were all consistent national powers in the East. Eventually the pendulum will swing the other way and I imagine Mizzou fans will be like "WE SHOULD BE IN THE WEST!" when it happens lol

Good points, but my main thing isn't geography. It's playing all these TAMUs and Arkys every year while only playing UF and UT once in a blue moon, and also playing the Mizzous and USCs as often as we play them. Like, we baaaaarely ever play teams in the East not named UGA. It sucks.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

It would be nice to have the chance to curb stomp bama in Atlanta.

It would be nice to curb stomp them in November first. 

19 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Good points, but my main thing isn't geography. It's playing all these TAMUs and Arkys every year while only playing UF and UT once in a blue moon, and also playing the Mizzous and USCs as often as we play them. Like, we baaaaarely ever play teams in the East not named UGA. It sucks.

I understand that. I think that makes sense too. It does suck that we barely play UF or UT. I mean, we play Clemson more often than some of our own conference members. That makes zero sense.

My issue is with the people seeking an easier road, whether they are outwardly saying that or is influencing the thought we should switch divisions. I just think if we were having no problem finishing in the top 2 of the West consistently less people would feel we need to move. That being said, I totally want to see us play UF and UT more!

4 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I mean, we play Clemson more often than some of our own conference members. 

!!!!!!! Jeez, I hadn't even thought of it in those terms but you're right.

My issue is with the people seeking an easier road, whether they are outwardly saying that or is influencing the thought we should switch divisions. I just think if we were having no problem finishing in the top 2 of the West consistently less people would feel we need to move. 

Gotcha. Great point. And I'm with you. 

I would be totally in favor of moving to the East if we could add LSU as a 2nd cross-divisional permanent. Not gonna happen, so I'll take the Mississippis and Arky and TAMU over Vandy, Kentucky, USC and Mizzou. 

37 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

!!!!!!! Jeez, I hadn't even thought of it in those terms but you're right.

Gotcha. Great point. And I'm with you. 

I would be totally in favor of moving to the East if we could add LSU as a 2nd cross-divisional permanent. Not gonna happen, so I'll take the Mississippis and Arky and TAMU over Vandy, Kentucky, USC and Mizzou. 

I think I would look way more forward to games when we play Arky/Miss schools/TAMU than Vandy/UK/USC/Mizzou. That East group is snooze city. Currently, anyways.

I truly miss the UF series.   Especially having to kick that 51 yarder (?) twice to win the game.  And I would love to go to UT more/again.    I have been to Arky several times (yawn) and TAMU once....no comparison.  

Yes the East will get better in time.  Things are cyclical.  On my wish list: a more civil rivalry with bama.  I don't need to explain this.  I am not saying put us in the East because of UK or Vandy. 

Archived