New North End Zone Scoreboard Planned

RunInRed

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love that rendering with the two smaller video boards, but anything will be better than what is there now. This NEZ thing is starting to become a serious issue. Adding the Mega board to the other side just made it worse, by comparison. The high school board has to go. My only hope, is that they finish all video boards. 

Am I the only one that kinda enjoys the nostalgia and simplicity of the NEZ scoreboard? Likely just sentiment to a simpler time of life and sports.

This coming from a millennial.

13 minutes ago, hikerdns said:

Am I the only one that kinda enjoys the nostalgia and simplicity of the NEZ scoreboard? Likely just sentiment to a simpler time of life and sports.

I would agree with you, if it was an old scoreboard that has been used for 20-30 years, but there is nothing special about what is sitting up there. It's relatively new, but still boring. If we still had the old leaping tiger scoreboard, I bet people wouldn't want to let it go. 

3 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I would agree with you, if it was an old scoreboard that has been used for 20-30 years, but there is nothing special about what is sitting up there. It's relatively new, but still boring. If we still had the old leaping tiger scoreboard, I bet people wouldn't want to let it go. 

Ah, you're right.  That's the one I'm always thinking of, maybe my mind just super-imposes it over the NEZ.  Wasn't this score board actually in the SEZ? Surely they got it in storage somewhere?  Do a refurb job and stick it in the NEZ.  The noise measuring lights on the side were awesome along with the leaping tiger.

auburn-scoreboard-1024x786.jpg

They are a diggin' like nobody's business outside the stadium as we speak....rain or shine.

Well at least you'll be able to see a replay from anywhere in the stadium now.  I like being able to see Haley and some other campus buildings over the north end zone.  Reminds me that I'm on a college campus.  

4 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

They are a diggin' like nobody's business outside the stadium as we speak....rain or shine.

Looking for Jimmy Hoffa I assume

Just now, augolf1716 said:

Looking for Jimmy Hoffa I assume

:bow:

When are we going to stop paying millions of $ on new scoreboards every few years. The outside of Jordan-Hare needs a lot of work plus add more seats is what Jordan-Hare really needs. I still would love to see Auburn go past UAT in seating capacity. Something between 103k to 105k.

4 hours ago, autigeremt said:

You talking about the foundation work that's started on the SEZ addition?

for the 10 millionth time, for those that constantly yammer about adding more seats.  We have to sell the seats we already have to justify adding more.  It would be colossally stupid to add seats to that stadium, when those seats would remain empty for all but maybe 2 games every 2 years (thinking georgia and uat).  It would be financially stupid and look ridiculous adding seats for them to sit empty game after game.   We do NOT need more seats in JHS.  Period.

31 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

for the 10 millionth time, for those that constantly yammer about adding more seats.  We have to sell the seats we already have to justify adding more.  It would be colossally stupid to add seats to that stadium, when those seats would remain empty for all but maybe 2 games every 2 years (thinking georgia and uat).  It would be financially stupid and look ridiculous adding seats for them to sit empty game after game.   We do NOT need more seats in JHS.  Period.

...but a face lift would do wonders

15 hours ago, RunInRed said:

That is what the digging is about.

You have to bet that this development came from a desire to stop the phone calls, emails etc from people who sit in the North End Zone and are annoyed that they can't see that scoreboard without turning around and then many are too close anyway.

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 6:40 AM, WarTiger said:

Yes and as a matter of fact a case could be made to reduce the current capacity of the bench seating to make room for individual cushioned seating. An appx. 85K capacity with nice individual seats would go a long way while we wait on exterior facelifts and/or NEZ projects.

42 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

Yes and as a matter of fact a case could actually be made to reduce the current capacity and install individual high back cushioned seating in lieu of the current bench seating. An 85K capacity of nice individual seats would go a long way as we wait on any exterior facelift and/or NEZ project.

La-Z-Boys in section 117 please.

On May 4, 2017 at 8:32 PM, RunInRed said:

Affirmative. 

On 5/4/2017 at 11:45 AM, hikerdns said:

You can't be serious. It's trash. 

Archived