New North End Zone Scoreboard Planned

RunInRed

9 hours ago, logan adams said:

You can't be serious. It's trash. 

Guess you missed my follow up to  AUcivilEng two post later. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don't need to get a new scoreboard every few years. Put that $ into adding more seats for us fans for that we're scheduling tougher teams like Penn State and Cal.

19 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

We don't need to get a new scoreboard every few years. Put that $ into adding more seats for us fans for that we're scheduling tougher teams like Penn State and Cal.

Ya know, I've been to a lot of Auburn games in my time.. and the only reason I haven't been able to get into a game was because I couldn't afford a ticket, not because the game was sold out. 

We don't sell out every seat in Jordan-Hare as it is now. However, we keep spending millions on top of millions for new scoreboards every few years.

Seeing that sign for Funnel Cakes makes me wish there was a place close to where I live. I'd wait in a long line in the rain for 1 or 2 Funnel Cakes.

24 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Seeing that sign for Funnel Cakes makes me wish there was a place close to where I live. I'd wait in a long line in the rain for 1 or 2 Funnel Cakes.

Good news? If you can make it down to Alabaster, you can order them sit-down, year-round, with a roof (if it's still open?).

http://www.shelbycountyreporter.com/2011/12/14/restaurant-offers-funnel-cakes-year-round/

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

We don't sell out every seat in Jordan-Hare as it is now. However, we keep spending millions on top of millions for new scoreboards every few years.

Another uninformed comment.  Parts were no longer available to repair the previous scoreboard should something break.    The one currently on the table to replace has been there for quite some time and I doubt parts are available to repair it now either.   Also, the project included ribbon boards on the upper deck as well as an entirely new sound system in the stadium (which was desperately needed).   But, you continue to yammer about money spent on scoreboards if it helps you sleep at night.    I'm longing for the day that you actually have something positive to say about anything related to Auburn University.  I've yet to see it. 

On 5/12/2017 at 4:03 PM, auburn4ever said:

I think when adding seats makes fiscal sense then you will see it. Until then Auburn just needs to win consistently because that will make a stadium expansion happen when they accomplish that. It's not an "if you build it they will come" scenario. It's more of a "if they come we will build it" thing. Personally I have no gripe because I'm lucky to make one game a year. I live 4 hours away and work many Saturdays. Auburn is just near enough to tempt me but far enough away to keep me from trying most of the time. I couldn't afford season tickets if I could get off every Saturday. I have other things that I have to consider like my wife being a State grad and that's typically the game we go see when we can. I don't care for Starkville but it is close and it's a chance to see my Tigers. I know other fans that are in the same boat I am. I hope one day soon we can expand the stadium and it does fill up. That will be something to behold. Until then try to enjoy what Auburn does have to offer. Jordan-Hare is pretty nice and deserves to be appreciated. 

On 5/4/2017 at 5:08 PM, autigeremt said:

They are a diggin' like nobody's business outside the stadium as we speak....rain or shine.

Burying Gus' old playbook to keep him from meddling??

On 5/13/2017 at 10:54 AM, AUld fAUx@ said:

Good news? If you can make it down to Alabaster, you can order them sit-down, year-round, with a roof (if it's still open?).

http://www.shelbycountyreporter.com/2011/12/14/restaurant-offers-funnel-cakes-year-round/

There's a funnel cake joint in Auburn now. Right next to the Goal Post convenient store. Supposedly it's really good.

That's sounds great. Thanks AUld fAUx@ for heads up. I'll have to get to Alabaster and Auburn some how and try their Funnel Cakes. Oh man, I can already taste them. lol

On 5/5/2017 at 5:40 AM, WarTiger said:

for the 10 millionth time, for those that constantly yammer about adding more seats.  We have to sell the seats we already have to justify adding more.  It would be colossally stupid to add seats to that stadium, when those seats would remain empty for all but maybe 2 games every 2 years (thinking georgia and uat).  It would be financially stupid and look ridiculous adding seats for them to sit empty game after game.   We do NOT need more seats in JHS.  Period.

We need to hit the 100K mark. And if the seats don't sell, give the tickets to a group that deals with underprivileged kids. Selling out the stadium does little on the bottom line anymore. Perception is everything. 

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

We need to hit the 100K mark. And if the seats don't sell, give the tickets to a group that deals with underprivileged kids. Selling out the stadium does little on the bottom line anymore. Perception is everything. 

Unfortunately with the new North Endzone scoreboard push going on I think that tables any real expansion ideas indefinitely since any real expansion would likely be on the North End.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Unfortunately with the new North Endzone scoreboard push going on I think that tables any real expansion ideas indefinitely since any real expansion would likely be on the North End.

Agree. It's a shame really. JHS needs a facelift. 

43 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:
On 5/5/2017 at 5:40 AM, WarTiger said:

for the 10 millionth time, for those that constantly yammer about adding more seats.  We have to sell the seats we already have to justify adding more.

40 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

And.... the reality for those of us who don't live near Auburn is that EVERY non-cupcake game is ridiculously hard to get tickets for, unless you want to spend 3-4 times face value on one of the internet ticket robbery sites like Stub Hub. The reality is that Auburn sells out or very close to sells out 90% of their games... they just sell a lot of those seats to brokers.  If you got rid of the stupid brokers, the stadium would probably look full every game because there are people who want to be there and can't get tickets for a decent price.

12 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

There's a funnel cake joint in Auburn now. Right next to the Goal Post convenient store. Supposedly it's really good.

I live close- really good, but really bad for the insides iffin ya knows what I means

6 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I live close- really good, but really bad for the insides iffin ya knows what I means

I haven't been yet. I live like 2 miles from it. I saw that they have a smores funnel cake. I'm going to have to try it.

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 8:32 PM, RunInRed said:

You talking about the foundation work that's started on the SEZ addition?

Foundation work on the South End Zone?!? For what?

Wouldn't the Mega-scoreboard have to come down to expand the South side? :dunno:

1 hour ago, TheBeachTigger said:

Foundation work on the South End Zone?!? For what?

Wouldn't the Mega-scoreboard have to come down to expand the South side? :dunno:

For this ...

Image result for auburn south end zone recruiting lounge

• 5 weeks later...

As we continue to band-aid the stadium with 50 million here, 80 million there... Bama, aTm, LSU, OM, Ark, UK have all done full stadium upgrades.  Now UTenn is doing theirs.  USCe not sure when their last renovation was but it's seemed to stay fairly current, UF and UGa is about where we are however seems they have spent money better then we have on stadium stuff however I can't speak from experience on UGa haven't been there in forever.  Hell even UK is passing us on aesthetics.

Better strike while the iron is hot.  Interests rates are still low, building supplies have dropped but I'm sure with interest hikes coming they will increase. What you could do for 500 million today will probably cost 1 billion in 10 years.

58 minutes ago, corchjay said:

As we continue to band-aid the stadium with 50 million here, 80 million there... Bama, aTm, LSU, OM, Ark, UK have all done full stadium upgrades.  Now UTenn is doing theirs.  USCe not sure when their last renovation was but it's seemed to stay fairly current, UF and UGa is about where we are however seems they have spent money better then we have on stadium stuff however I can't speak from experience on UGa haven't been there in forever.  Hell even UK is passing us on aesthetics.

Better strike while the iron is hot.  Interests rates are still low, building supplies have dropped but I'm sure with interest hikes coming they will increase. What you could do for 500 million today will probably cost 1 billion in 10 years.

This is the second time UTk has done a major facelift in the last 15 years. Impressive.

Don't think it will happen as long as JJ is there. PTB will let him spend a little money but the big money will come later. Believe me when I say the money people, and we're talking really big money, are willing to spend it just not with JJ there leading it.

Now things could change if and a big if Gus goes on a two or three year string of winning 10 or more games a year 

Archived