New North End Zone Scoreboard Planned

RunInRed

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Don't think it will happen as long as JJ is there. PTB will let him spend a little money but the big money will come later. Believe me when I say the money people, and we're talking really big money, are willing to spend it just not with JJ there leading it.

Now things could change if and a big if Gus goes on a two or three year string of winning 10 or more games a year 

How about bring in Richard Shea and have him as the a special position kind of guy call him the Stadium design director and have a team of design folks with him along with different aged staffers to have input into the things they are looking for when attending a game and let Richard do all the work and planning just let Jacobs raise money.  I'm sure Richard would love to have his company involved and to be able to spend time in Auburn since daughter Courtney is on the softball team.  Morris-Shea already did the foundation work for the megatron scoreboard

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

How about bring in Richard Shea and have him as the a special position kind of guy call him the Stadium design director and have a team of design folks with him along with different aged staffers to have input into the things they are looking for when attending a game and let Richard do all the work and planning just let Jacobs raise money.  I'm sure Richard would love to have his company involved and to be able to spend time in Auburn since daughter Courtney is on the softball team.  Morris-Shea already did the foundation work for the megatron scoreboard

Well you never know :hellyeah:

15 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Well you never know :hellyeah:

Was a good thought. lol.   They are donor/boosters already so why not tap into that current connection.  

At the end of the day today's generation wants the shinny new things and we shouldn't settle on things we can control of our own.  Wins and losses are decided by things out of our control but having the best stadium and stadium experience in the SEC is something that we can control.

4 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Was a good thought. lol.   They are donor/boosters already so why not tap into that current connection.  

At the end of the day today's generation wants the shinny new things and we shouldn't settle on things we can control of our own.  Wins and losses are decided by things out of our control but having the best stadium and stadium experience in the SEC is something that we can control.

JJ

On 5/4/2017 at 0:45 PM, hikerdns said:

Am I the only one that kinda enjoys the nostalgia and simplicity of the NEZ scoreboard? Likely just sentiment to a simpler time of life and sports.

This coming from a millennial.

from my seats, most of the action takes place to my left, toward the NEZ. i look at that board 80 to 20 vs godzillatron. i like it too. too much stuff on the other board and it takes more than a quick glance to find things sometimes.

I always like the scoreboard with the noise measuring lights on the side along with the leaping Tigers. They need to bring that one back.

14 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

JJ

Is there even the slightest chance JJ will voluntarily step down into retirement and allow AU to move in a new direction? The insiders here have made it pretty clear the big money folks have lost faith in his leadership. This program seems to be treading water at best and there is so much potential to be more than that. Frustrating to watch.

I personally loved the most recent renovations that were released for the North End Zone. This will be extremely disappointing if we just settle for another scoreboard. 

I know it would take A LOT of shuffling, but I think all the visitors need to sit right under the big board and the in the upper deck seats in the SEZ, just so they are the ones straining their necks for the whole game to see replays and stats. 

22 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

I know it would take A LOT of shuffling, but I think all the visitors need to sit right under the big board and the in the upper deck seats in the SEZ, just so they are the ones straining their necks for the whole game to see replays and stats. 

Initial plan was to put two scoreboards caddy corner in the north end zone. Don't spoil the away team and put them where our players come running out of the endzone. 

On June 18, 2017 at 11:38 PM, logan adams said:

I personally loved the most recent renovations that were released for the North End Zone. This will be extremely disappointing if we just settle for another scoreboard. 

I agree 100%.   

Archived