2019 5* SF Christian Brown

9 posts in this topic

4_4869911.jpg

Columbia, SC (A C Flora)
Ht 6-6 Wt 198
247 Profile

Five-star forward Christian Brown racking up the offers

Dan McDonald | Rivals.com contributor

Christian Brown and the Game Elite 2019 team had a big weekend in the second stop in the Adidas Gauntlet of 2017. Brown, a five-star small forward in the 2019 class, averaged 16 points and 7.3 rebounds as his team won all four games this weekend.

Since the last game ended, Brown added offers from USCKansas StateBaylor and UNLV to go along with new offers from NC State and UConn last week. North Carolina continues to watch him closely as Roy Williamswas courtside on Sunday morning. AuburnClemsonGeorgia TechKansasSouth Carolina and others are involved as well.

IN HIS OWN WORDS

NC State: “I haven’t had a chance to meet their new coaching staff yet. I’ve visited there a couple times and I liked their campus.”

North Carolina: “I’ve been there a few times. I liked their campus. I didn’t really watch them play much this year except for the championship.”

South Carolina: “I’ve talked to them a good bit. They’ve come to see me work out. We have a good relationship going.”

Auburn: “I like Auburn. They talk to me every time they see me. They come to a lot of my games and workouts. They are always asking about me. They have worked really hard recruiting me. I know all the coaching staff. I have a good relationship with the head coach too.”

Georgia Tech: “I like Georgia Tech. I’ve been there a couple times. I’ve played with their guys in open gym a few times.”

RIVALS’ REACTION

At this point, it sounded as if Auburn is the school that has really caught Brown’s attention. He made it pretty clear the coaching staff is working the hardest in his recruitment and he’s built up a good relationship with Bruce Pearl. North Carolina could be one to watch though if the Tar Heels come through with a scholarship offer.

Xqefoyqnect6x46mwejk

Edited by ellitor
1 person likes this

Currently #10 in his class, according to espn. Hopefully we can stay ahead of the pack but I can only imagine his recruitment has just started really heating up. 

2 people like this

Basketball recruiting: "First Kentucky and North Carolina hold their draft, then everybody else fights over the players those two didn't want". I read that somewhere a few years ago and it's pretty much true.

If North Carolina wants him, I want him.

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Basketball recruiting: "First Kentucky and North Carolina hold their draft, then everybody else fights over the players those two didn't want". I read that somewhere a few years ago and it's pretty much true.

That hasn't been true for awhile actually. Maybe replace Duke with North Carolina, but Roy Williams has not had a top 10 recruiting class since 2014. Their average recruiting ranking the last 5 years has been 25 (including a year ranked 67 even if you throw that outlier away, they are still averaging the 14th best class). Still not terrible recruiting by any means, but not at the level of Kentucky or Duke who have alternated the best and 2nd best class the last 4 years.

1 person likes this

On 5/5/2017 at 10:02 AM, ClaytonAU said:

If North Carolina wants him, I want him.

If North Carolina doesn't want him I still want him 

Runs well, jumps well, has a nice stroke.  The one thing I would love to see in these highlight reels is the player playing defense. I know everybody wants the highlights but that is the often the difference between a really good player and a great player. I want to see if the player can turn up the D in key points in the game.  Jordan always played good defense but when it came to crunch time he moved it up a couple of levels and played great defense.

I am not knocking this kid I think he is great and his highlight film is typical of other peoples highlight films.  I would just love a few spots where the player is playing lights out lock down defense against a good player.

1 person likes this