2019 5* SF Christian Brown

4_4869911.jpg

Columbia, SC (A C Flora)
Ht 6-6 Wt 198
247 Profile

Five-star forward Christian Brown racking up the offers

Dan McDonald | Rivals.com contributor

Christian Brown and the Game Elite 2019 team had a big weekend in the second stop in the Adidas Gauntlet of 2017. Brown, a five-star small forward in the 2019 class, averaged 16 points and 7.3 rebounds as his team won all four games this weekend.

Since the last game ended, Brown added offers from USCKansas StateBaylor and UNLV to go along with new offers from NC State and UConn last week. North Carolina continues to watch him closely as Roy Williamswas courtside on Sunday morning. AuburnClemsonGeorgia TechKansasSouth Carolina and others are involved as well.

IN HIS OWN WORDS

NC State: “I haven’t had a chance to meet their new coaching staff yet. I’ve visited there a couple times and I liked their campus.”

North Carolina: “I’ve been there a few times. I liked their campus. I didn’t really watch them play much this year except for the championship.”

South Carolina: “I’ve talked to them a good bit. They’ve come to see me work out. We have a good relationship going.”

Auburn: “I like Auburn. They talk to me every time they see me. They come to a lot of my games and workouts. They are always asking about me. They have worked really hard recruiting me. I know all the coaching staff. I have a good relationship with the head coach too.”

Georgia Tech: “I like Georgia Tech. I’ve been there a couple times. I’ve played with their guys in open gym a few times.”

RIVALS’ REACTION

At this point, it sounded as if Auburn is the school that has really caught Brown’s attention. He made it pretty clear the coaching staff is working the hardest in his recruitment and he’s built up a good relationship with Bruce Pearl. North Carolina could be one to watch though if the Tar Heels come through with a scholarship offer.

Xqefoyqnect6x46mwejk

Currently #10 in his class, according to espn. Hopefully we can stay ahead of the pack but I can only imagine his recruitment has just started really heating up. 

Basketball recruiting: "First Kentucky and North Carolina hold their draft, then everybody else fights over the players those two didn't want". I read that somewhere a few years ago and it's pretty much true.

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Basketball recruiting: "First Kentucky and North Carolina hold their draft, then everybody else fights over the players those two didn't want". I read that somewhere a few years ago and it's pretty much true.

That hasn't been true for awhile actually. Maybe replace Duke with North Carolina, but Roy Williams has not had a top 10 recruiting class since 2014. Their average recruiting ranking the last 5 years has been 25 (including a year ranked 67 even if you throw that outlier away, they are still averaging the 14th best class). Still not terrible recruiting by any means, but not at the level of Kentucky or Duke who have alternated the best and 2nd best class the last 4 years.

• 2 weeks later...

Runs well, jumps well, has a nice stroke.  The one thing I would love to see in these highlight reels is the player playing defense. I know everybody wants the highlights but that is the often the difference between a really good player and a great player. I want to see if the player can turn up the D in key points in the game.  Jordan always played good defense but when it came to crunch time he moved it up a couple of levels and played great defense.

I am not knocking this kid I think he is great and his highlight film is typical of other peoples highlight films.  I would just love a few spots where the player is playing lights out lock down defense against a good player.

• 3 weeks later...

The Christian Brown Blog: Out for the summer, offers rolling in and more

What’s goodie good people, it’s Christian Brown with my second blog so hear me out!

This is our first summer on the addias circuit and it’s been great. The first tournament was in Dallas and our first game was a tough loss to Compton Magic.

That one really helped us pick things up and adjust; we ended up going 3-1 in that first session then we went 4-0 in the next session and it’s been all good.

I just feel like we’re all clicking and playing well together.

Individually, I’ve been happy with how I’ve been playing. Of course most people know that I bring a lot of energy on both ends of the floor, but this summer I’ve been really working on building my ball handling and my shooting and I’ve been happy with that.

I’m just continuing to work hard to get better every game.

Since the spring I’ve got offers from UNLV, UConn, N.C. State, USC, Baylor and a few other schools. It’s been good!

I’m looking forward to June 15 when the college coaches can contact me directly. I’ve heard that my phone is gonna be blowing up so I’m interested to see how that night goes and how things pick up from that point on.

My main goal this summer was to be able to look back and see the improvement from last year. I wanted guys to be able to look at me and say, “Yeah he’s added a lot of skill to his game.”

I think it’s big that our Game Elite team has three of the Top 100 players in the class on the same team. We all love playing together and that chemistry helps us out a lot in the game.

My man Ashton (Hagans) and I have played around with the idea of playing together in college, but, for now, we just joke around about it.

That would be fun though; he’s a great point guard.

I’m officially out of school now and I’m feeling good about that! Haha!

I definitely appreciate having this break just to relax from the classroom and put in work on the court.

I still have to do a reading log for my school. I don’t know which book I’ll read yet so if you guys know of any good ones hit me up.

The most recent movie I saw was Get Out and that was really good!

I know most people have seen it by now, but if you haven’t you definitely should check it out.

OK this is the end of the blog, but I appreciate you guys reading.

Shoutout to my mother, family members and anyone else reading it.

Check back soon for the next one!

Don’t forget to follow Christian Brown 

Twitter: @cb_kid

An update from Brown. I bolded the part about Hagans. He's a 6'3 PG who played at Oak Hill and is currently the #1 player in Georgia according to 24/7 (but also 100% Uk). I don't know if we have a thread on him but his twitter pin seems to have us in his top 10 and I know CBP and staff have been on him for a while. 

Brown says he and Ashton have played around with the idea of playing together in college but for now it's just jokes. 

They would be quite the package deal if we could pull it off. 

AU a top school for 5-star forward

Jeffrey Lee | Senior Editor

Ljugo2hxuqk9no7akzbk
A C Flora (Columbia, S.C.) five-star forward Christian Brown visited Auburn on Sunday.
Jeffrey Lee/AuburnSports.com

AUBURN | Five-star small forward Christian Brown doesn’t have a list of top schools, but Auburn will be on it when he does.

Brown, who is ranked the No. 10 overall player in the 2019 class, spent Sunday in Auburn at the Chuck Person Shooting Camp, along with Game Elite teammates Ashton Hagans and Jaylin Williams, both of whom are four-star recruits.

“This was my first time working out with the coaches, seeing how they practice and workout,” Brown said.

Brown spent a lot of time Sunday with Person, who serves as Auburn’s associate head coach under Bruce Pearl. Brown trusts Person’s opinion on proper shooting techniques. Person, known as “The Rifleman,” was the 1987 NBA Rookie of the Year and one of the most prolific three-point shooters in the league.

Brown soaked in what Person was dishing out on Sunday.

“Coach Person talked to me individually about my shot, how to be consistent and get it to the next level,” Brown said. “He talked about my follow-through, balance and technique to a shot. He’s probably the best shooting coach in the country; he’s lights out the best. He can still shoot with his eyes closed and make it.”

Brown and Person have developed a strong bond since Auburn started recruiting Brown two years ago. It’s one of the reasons Brown already has Auburn penciled in as a top school.

“Auburn is at the top, one of my top schools,” Brown said. “I don’t really have a list, but Auburn will be one of my schools. All of the coaches at Auburn are great. I’ve been building relationships with them since I was in the ninth grade. We have good relationships and they’re getting even better going through my recruitment.”

Brown, who is from A C Flora in Columbia, S.C., also has relationships with several of Auburn’s current players, guys he met and played with on Sunday.

“I know Austin Wiley from Team USA,” Brown said. “We built a relationship and are good friends. I talk to him, and I know Chuma (Okeke) and Davion (Mitchell). I like that they build a brotherhood, the team chemistry at Auburn. Everybody treats you like family, and the relationships come early.

“A big part of my recruitment is relationships with the coaches, and everybody keeps it real. No sugarcoating.”

Brown doesn’t plan to make an early decision. He still has nearly two years before it’s time for him to sign. He does, however, plan to return to Auburn at least one more time before pen meets paper.

• 1 month later...

Ashton Hagans (PG prospect) also plays on Browns team. Pretty big game for some of our bigger recruits, glad our staff is there.

ETA: Brown and Hagans win.

And:

Archived