Friday Baseball postponed

Are we delayed? WatchESPN isn't loading it. 

Same here....7:25...noticed possibility of rain in the area earlier today....anything?

Well heck...but the upside is I can watch the softball and not have to dodge back and forth.

Yeah...there is that. But I made tacos for everybody and I even bought Dos Equis which is rare since I'm not much of a drinker. But with home made tacos you have got to have Mexican beer. We were all into Cinco de Mayo and American baseball. So bummed.

6 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Yeah...there is that. But I made tacos for everybody and I even bought Dos Equis which is rare since I'm not much of a drinker. But with home made tacos you have got to have Mexican beer. We were all into Cinco de Mayo and American baseball. So bummed.

Yep.....but don't let the opportunity pass.....as for me...wife said.... oh good,..... gives you time to do the dishes before the other game starts...:)   whoever cooks the other does the dishes and she can really make a mess out of a simple meal.

AUBURN, Ala. – The scheduled Friday night opener between No. 4 Auburn baseball and Alabama at Plainsman Park has been rescheduled as part of a Saturday doubleheader beginning at 1 pm with game two to follow one hour later.

Rain in the Auburn area Friday night forced the postponement of the scheduled opener between Auburn and Alabama.

Tickets for Friday’s game will be honored for the 1 pm game Saturday. Tickets for the game originally scheduled for 2 pm Saturday will be honored for the second game.

Sunday’s series finale is still scheduled for 4 pm CT and will be televised by SEC Network.

24 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Everybody?  :beer2:

Hopefully Keegan and mize go deep into their games and we have patient at bats ... and destroy their bullpen starting game 1!  Decimate their bullpen in game 2 and roll out the ball boy to pitch game 3!

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

yeah she did say everybody

:laugh:

Well I meant my family and a couple of friends but I would've shared those tacos with you guys.....not the beer though.   :no: :beer2:

11 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

:laugh:

Well I meant my family and a couple of friends but I would've shared those tacos with you guys.....not the beer though.   :no: :beer2:

So....are we  having tacos and PBR for lunch today....get back on the American theme now   ?

15 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Having trouble loading weather- I'm in Auburn and it's wet but certainly not impossible to play ball? Wonder what all the fuss is about

My guess is the outfield and other areas that weren't covered were pretty wet. The rain was still projected to persist for another hour or two. And the weather today is supposed to be great. I imagine they didn't want to force a game in questionable conditions when they could get two games in today without the weather being an issue. Playing yesterday could've screwed up starts if the game had to be delayed again and brings increased risks of injury. Plus, I'd hate to lose a game because the rain caused something funky to happen when I know weather the next day is going to be very good. 

51 minutes ago, AU64 said:

So....are we  having tacos and PBR for lunch today....get back on the American theme now   ?

There are some tacos and nachos left over.....but you're on your own with the PBR. I'm having sweet iced tea with lemon. I've changed my beverage theme to Southern Style since my baseball fiesta was rained out. 

Well I just finished smoking a brisket. Wife made Spanish rice and Frijoles Negros and after reading about Dos Equis I went out and bought a 12 pack of Dos Equis and a 12 pack of Bohemia which is a vary good Mexican beer. Will have a few over to watch the double header.

16 hours ago, AU64 said:

Yep.....but don't let the opportunity pass.....as for me...wife said.... oh good,..... gives you time to do the dishes before the other game starts...:)   whoever cooks the other does the dishes and she can really make a mess out of a simple meal.

Well we did eat some really good tacos and nachos, and because I clean as I go there was not much mess. They did take out the trash though.

2 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Well I just finished smoking a brisket. Wife made Spanish rice and Frijoles Negros and after reading about Dos Equis I went out and bought a 12 pack of Dos Equis and a 12 pack of Bohemia which is a vary good Mexican beer. Will have a few over to watch the double header.

I have never heard of Bohemia. I'll have to try it the next time I make Mexican food....which will probably be next Cinco de Mayo....lol. 

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

I have never heard of Bohemia. I'll have to try it the next time I make Mexican food....which will probably be next Cinco de Mayo....lol. 

Living in Texas and having an Hispanic wife (Salvadorian and Spanish not Mexican) and I know most of the Mexican and Central American beers. Salva Vida from Honduras is really good also but hard to find.

18 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

There are some tacos and nachos left over.....but you're on your own with the PBR. I'm having sweet iced tea with lemon. I've changed my beverage theme to Southern Style since my baseball fiesta was rained out. 

That sounds good...I'm not a beer drinker anyway but thought you might want to have something in case Golf dropped by.   The sweet tea sounds just fine....though I usually lean toward diet coke.

Probably just going to have a good old fashioned hot dog at my place....that gets me in the mood for baseball.

The only time I eat hot dogs is when I'm at the ball park. There's just something about watching live baseball in that atmosphere....it doesn't seem complete until I've had a hot dog. Nothing tastes better.

17 minutes ago, AU64 said:

That sounds good...I'm not a beer drinker anyway but thought you might want to have something in case Golf dropped by.   The sweet tea sounds just fine....though I usually lean toward diet coke.

Probably just going to have a good old fashioned hot dog at my place....that gets me in the mood for baseball.

Not even for Golf would I be caught dead with that stuff in my house....:laugh:

10 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Not even for Golf would I be caught dead with that stuff in my house....:laugh:

I figured it was just a joke with Golf...until I saw some PBR in a local grocery....very small stock however so I don't think it is a leading brand...

19 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I figured it was just a joke with Golf...until I saw some PBR in a local grocery....very small stock however so I don't think it is a leading brand...

I think it's right behind Sterling & Mickey's.

Archived