Softball vs. uat - game 1

They get Rivera hung up and she breaks for 3rd, slides, throw dropped and Rivera is safe.  Throw then goes to 2nd, where the uat player covering the base never tags greenwood, greenwood avoids the swipe of the glove and gets to 2nd but the umpire calls her safe then out and that ends the top 4th.  That was an awful call there.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am more and more thinking replay needs to happen in softball.  I don't like things slowing the game down.  That's what makes softball more enjoyable, but these SEC umpires miss so many calls. 

1 hour ago, WarTiger said:

They were wrong on their view of the home run that didn't count earlier too.  They said she should have been allowed to come touch the base and she is.  However, the catcher is also allowed to tag her or the plate before she touches the plate.  They are clearly pro uat with very little knowledge of the game as I can tell so far.

Plus the assistant can't grab her & help here like she did. Jade Rhodes was out on a play at 1st in the WCWS because an AU coach grabbed her to stay at 1st base on a play.

Let's get a run across ....or 3 :)

Two excellent pitchers with totally different approaches to the game.....just a matter of who "breaks" first....

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Two excellent pitchers with totally different approaches to the game.....just a matter of who "breaks" first....

:timeout:

Crocker walks to open the top 5th.   Back to the top of the order.  Draper coming up.    One of these walks will score soon.  Let's go Tigers.

This home plate umpire can go pound sand. 2 strikes on Coop that haven't been strikes on uat hitters all game. Ridiculous. 

Cooper walks and Auburn has runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out.   Carlee Wallace up.   Let's get some runs here.

Bases jacked. This is our best chance. 

Sure looked like that catcher touched that while it was fair.  It was hard to see with our angles but it sure was close.

Rats. Let Osorio escape again. 

Wow, I'm surprised he didn't call that one. Probably more a strike than others he's called. Come on Rivera!

2 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Sure looked like that catcher touched that while it was fair.  It was hard to see with our angles but it sure was close.

I thought the same. Didn't make a difference though.

Just now, jared52 said:

Wow, I'm surprised he didn't call that one. Probably more a strike than others he's called. Come on Rivera!

I must be way ahead of you. Flip to SEC Net. They're showing us exclusively now. 

Archived