Baseball vs. uat - game 1

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

Shut up. The effort was there. He just hasn't been the same since his injury. I doubt you wanted this win more than he did. The loss isn't all on him.

I didn't say the loss was on him. I called him out for poor play. I'm not gonna blow smoke and sunshine up someone's butt.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Logan gets on- Schaffer to pinch run- Bo Decker almost whiffs on two bunt attempts, then ground into DP..................

Todd reaches on a error by 2B... Anthony strikes out. Quite an unclutch performance by the Tigers in Game 1. Chance after chance and no one stepped up. I hope tonight that Auburn has a litttle more fire under them. 

The mental element was not there today. The pressure to make good grades and win this series got to them.

This loss is embarrassing on all levels and it makes it soooo much worse that it was against THEM. They had a 13 game conference losing streak coming in to this game. It is not like they are at home either THEY ARE AT OUR PLACE!

Just now, wareagle13 said:

I'm far from a posi-barner. Trust me. But holy crap, if you don't understand the game of baseball, and leave comments like this, that's about as negabarner as you can get.

Like it or not, losing to the likes of Alabama, Troy, Presbyterian, etc., shows the inconsistency of a team that is not yet of the caliber of a top 10.  I didnt say anything about them not being a good team, they're just not a top 10 team

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

No explanation about why Daniel Robert did not play....but sitting him REALLY was hurtful.

He had soreness in his throwing arm against State, and missed a couple of games last weekend. I wonder, if like jarvis, he just didn't recover enough over the week

1 minute ago, wareagle13 said:

I didn't say the loss was on him. I called him out for poor play. I'm not gonna blow smoke and sunshine up someone's butt.

Still....Shut up. The guy is not 100%. You just can't stop being an azz.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

This loss is embarrassing on all levels and it makes it soooo much worse that it was against THEM. They had a 13 game conference losing streak coming in to this game. It is not like they are at home either THEY ARE AT OUR PLACE!

Yes, it is always them.

9 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

Losing a game like this to the worst team in the SEC, at home, proves once again why auburn is definitely not a top 10 team

This is wrong. You are certainly entitled to an opinion and a respected poster, but this is not correct. Auburn has swept a top 5 team, beat a sixth ranked team at the time of play, beat a 12th ranked Arky team that was hot coming in and allowed only one HR to their powerful lineup, and just beat another 12th ranked SEC team in their house. Auburn has won every series in the SEC but one thus far, and that loss was a 2-1 series loss to a top 20 team. Bama has played teams close all year and they broke through today. Nothing more than that. Sure we were not clutch but I certainly do not discount what Auburn has done up to this point. Take care of business tonight and tomorrow and we're fine. Again, not trying to discredit you, just saying please don't overreact to a bad loss merely a week after a series win without our ace that proved we were a huge force to be reckoned with 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

They are motivated to be the spoiler. They have a lot of talent. Put it into perspective....

He had soreness in his throwing arm against State, and missed a couple of games last weekend. I wonder, if like jarvis, he just didn't recover enough over the week

Coulda used his bat.....must be more than just soreness....unless it's pretty serious....

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

Still....Shut up. The guy is not 100%. You just can't stop being an azz.

Really? I've provided quality conversation all year, i called ingram out when he was hitting into double plays every other at bat. I called anthony out when he was struggling. I've congratulated auburn player's when they do well. I've noted how effort was there or not there. That's not being an "azz" that's being honest. This doesn't have to be a board that's all sunshine and daisies and participation trophies. He played poor today, it's as simple as that.

Really? I've provided quality conversation all year, i called ingram out when he was hitting into double plays every other at bat. I called anthony out when he was struggling. I've congratulated auburn player's when they do well. I've noted how effort was there or not there. That's not being an "azz" that's being honest. This doesn't have to be a board that's all sunshine and daisies and participation trophies. He played poor today, it's as simple as that.

There is no excuse for calling out players just because they have an off game. Doing it routinely makes you look bad. 

I expect if you asked Decker he would acknowledge that he had a very bad day.....these guys know when they smell up the joint...and I'm betting he would not make any excuses...just accept that he should have gotten the bunt down and that hitting into the DP was letting his team down.  JMO

2 minutes ago, wareagle13 said:

We do NOT bash the players here.  continue to do so and you will earn a vacation.

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Y'all are burying the lead. Thompson has been shaky lately. He has me worried going in to post season play.

Thompson gave up 7 hits today. That's pretty good. It wasn't the pitching today 

Bad game. Team not focused on a graduation weekend in Auburn.  Again, bad GAME. Let's hope the team is better at pulling their head out of their rear than our fans are on here. Win the next two, take yet another series, remain tied for the lead in the division. One day AU fans will realize whenever teams are fighting for actual bigger championships than in-state ones and realize everything division championship wise for this team is still in their destiny. Was the past three hours inexcusable? Yes. Are the team goal's ruined over one bad 9 innings? No. Adapt. Overcome. Go win two. War Damn.

So game #2 is when....about 5 or 5:30?     Was thinking there was an hour between games.

One loss in this series was right on que and has been mentioned as very probable numerous times before now. Losing two isn't out of the ordinary for this situation. Losing three would fall into the disaster category.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

So game #2 is when....about 5 or 5:30?     Was thinking there was an hour between games.

Game 2 I think is scheduled for one hour after the end of Game 1, and Game 1 ended at 5 on the button. Casey Mize for the Tigers in Game 2. Win tonight and tomorrow and Game 1 looks like a big distant memory.

12 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

They are motivated to be the spoiler. They have a lot of talent. Put it into perspective....

Agree with the first part but they do not have a lot of talent. 3-19 conference record is really hard to do if you have talent.

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

One loss in this series was right on que and has been mentioned as very probable numerous times before now. Losing two isn't out of the ordinary for this situation. Losing three would fall into the disaster category.

Could be right but I think the RPI guru E..had calculated that even one loss was going to be bad for our standings and seriously reduce our opportunity for hosting a regional. 

But...other teams are losing unexpected games too so I guess we won't know much until the dust settles after the top teams finish their weekend play. 

Just now, AU64 said:

Could be right but I think the RPI guru E..had calculated that even one loss was going to be bad for our standings and seriously reduce our opportunity for hosting a regional. 

But...other teams are losing unexpected games too so I guess we won't know much until the dust settles after the top teams finish their weekend play. 

RPI is a moving target at best and is not the end-all of the baseball committee's decisions. You must remember that E is an accountant by trade and puts a lot of emphasis on numbers and very little weight on common sense.

11 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Game 2 starts at 5:05, 64

Terrible loss! This team has struggled at times to beat teams that we should beat easily (aka the mid-week games). That's two straight games that we have lost when our ace Keegan Thompson was pitching. And it was compounded by the two un-earned runs that were the difference in the game.

Archived