Baseball vs. uat - game 1

Just now, AU64 said:

DP to end the inning....been a frequent occurrence this season it seems.

When logan popped out, i seriously thought we were gonna send Johnson. One of the faster guys on the team, chance to get rid of the double play, pitcher with not the fast mound to plate, and we just sat him at first. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, wareagle13 said:

When logan popped out, i seriously thought we were gonna send Johnson. One of the faster guys on the team, chance to get rid of the double play, pitcher with not the fast mound to plate, and we just sat him at first. 

sometimes you just...:dunno:

Going to the bottom 5th, Auburn trails 3-1.    Top of the order coming up.  Todd, Anthony, Davis

Run saving catch by Johnson...maybe game saving....need something to spark the team...

Leadoff double and we don't get him in. Been a pretty pathetic day in terms of manufacturing runs. Still plenty of at bats left, but need to get creative rather than just relying on our guys to get clutch hits- that obviously not happening right now.

I can't believe auburn is struggling against a team that has won only 2 games in the conference 

Boy...how many chances are we going to let go by?    

1 minute ago, WeagleAU said:

I can't believe auburn is struggling against a team that has won only 2 games in the conference 

bama is a poor team and we are pretty much playing down to their level thus far.  Still plenty of time to rally....but need some more energy.

Well.... pitching mistake by KT......right down the middle and KT throwing his first pitches for strikes just about the entire game and the hitters are looking for them.

4 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

Bama has lost something like 11 sec games by only one run. Every single loss to lsu was by one run, two losses to MSU were by one run. They just always seem to get the short end of the stick. 

I'm glad Jarvis is a gritty tough guy, but hope he, or Thompson, didn't play him before they should have.  Those 2 errors hurt.

of course we still have to overcome the home runs

I'm afraid Butch has been going for the big innng today rather than trying to manufacture runs. It's been pretty obvious our guys have been stagnant at the plate today. When your leadoff guy gets on second and then you get him to third on a sac fly, figure out a better way to get him in than let the next guy swing away. That third baseman for Bama has played back all day. I just doubt we've even considered bunting much today. We're a good offensive team but when we're cold, there's no creativity much 

Davis singles up the middle! 4-3! 

Ingram lines one hard to center, but CF makes a great running catch. Auburn gets it back to a one run game. Going to the 8th...

Nice play by their CF...but back in the game and 2 more innings to take this one.  

KT going all the way? 

Archived