Baseball vs uat - Game 2

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3-2 pitch...Strikeout. Game and series goes to alabama.  Some disgusting execution today by Auburn to most likely dash any hosting hopes.  Will have to find a way to regroup somehow to avoid the brooms and stay only 1 game back in the SEC West tomorrow.

That ump did excellent all game and absolutely BLEW it on the last at bat. A damn shame but we have only ourselves to blame. 

Wow, a disappointing day.  Really laid an egg.  Still have some work to do to stay up there with the big boys.  The timing is probably as disappointing as the actual losses

Unbelievable what voo doo lucky magic crap do they hold over us in baseball? In football it makes sense. They have the greatest coach in the game and better players. We have not beat them in a series since frickin 2011. They are 14-3 in their  last 17 conference games against us. UN REAL!!!!!!! We are the much better team this year and were at home and have only lost 1 SEC series all year. This is very irritating.

This team can beat anyone in the country, but they can also lose to anyone in the country. I would have understood losing on Sunday, but I never would have imagine that we would lose to the worst team in the SEC with both of our aces pitching a double header.

i absolutely HATE losing to UAT at anything. Butch Thompson has done a great job with this team. But losing the series to Alabama will put a stain on this season.

Baseball is a crazy sport sometimes.

Butch needs to catch a little heat for losing two at home to our hated rivals who had only won two SEC games prior.

15 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

hope you slapped it. Hard

:hellyeah:hahahahahaha I laughed more than I should of at this.

Well, there goes hosting a regional. Abysmal day for baseball but still a lot to play for. 

To clarify, RPI is down to 31. Probably 32 or so by the end of the weekend. A sweep and a series win against LSU / Ole Miss and then a strong showing in hoover would put us back up towards that coveted 16 spot, so all hope not lost, but it has now become TREMENDOUSLY difficult. 

59 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Butch needs to catch a little heat for losing two at home to our hated rivals who had only won two SEC games prior.

Yes indeed! He deserves lots of heat for having the team that was picked last in the West in 2nd place in the SEC and top 10 in the nation. Turn up the heat and get Butch a nice raise!

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

hope you slapped it. Hard

Welllll.....I was not at the game. But he was loud enough to be heard on the broadcast. And it was CONSTANT. So annoying.

Let's salvage what we can and avoid the sweep today...I can't believe I just typed that.

if we want to recapture any hosting hopes, I'm thinking we may have to sweep our last two series.

Win today and we split the season....and yes, Montgomery counts. 

Archived