Softball vs. uat - game 2

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lined to veach for the out.  After 4, we are scoreless.    Shea, Podany and Crocker coming up in the top 5th.  time for some runs

OMG....they're doing yet another segment on Auburn's "off the field issues."  Is this not a pro-Bammer telecast or what?  They just did this last night

There it is.  They just have to bring up the arrests every game.  They'll bring it up again tomorrow too and probably every game for the rest of the season.   If it was uat players, it wouldn't get a mention at all. 

ESPN working the suspension story again for those who might have missed it last night....CRAP......

Shea grounds to the hole at 2nd but diving stop and there's 1 out.   Podany up.

Podany bloops one on the infield, out of the reach of the pitcher and it drops and stays fair.   Crocker singles to right.   Runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out.   Back to the top of the order.  Victoria Draper coming up. 

Nice seeing the bottom of the order doing their part and getting on base here in the 5th.  Let's get some runs out of this.

Oh by the way if you haven't heard for the 143rd time, just tune into this fine espn crew and they'll let you know the remainder of the game about Auburn's off the field issues....meanwhile in tuscaloser there are athletes being arrested for domestic violence, drug possession, etc...crickets

9 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Cooper is hurting after being hit by a pitch.  She pleaded with Clint to let her stay in, saying "I can play".     She went into her position and then to Martin and I saw her mouth the words to Martin "It's broken".   She has her forearm wrapped up.  I don't want to speculate here, just reporting what I saw her say when she came out to take her position.

I went back to replay it and I agree with what you posted.  Sure looked like she mouthed its broken to Martin.  I just hope it doesn't come back to hurt the team if she can't field/hit (aka Sean White against UGA).  

Sad thing is when they hit Cooper and Rivera,  I was thinking they just want to injure them to get them out of the game.

Draper drops down a bunt, races to 1st and throw is not in time.  Auburn has the bases loaded with 1 out for Justus Perry. Perry is pinch hitting for Cooper.  Cooper is done for the game after being hit by a pitch on the left forearm. 

Perry chases and strikes out swinging.  2 outs.  Bases still loaded.   Carlee Wallace up.  Come on clutch Carlee.

Woohoo!  Rivera with big hit!!

Rivera lines one into the gap in right center.   Wallace comes all the way around from 1st and scores.  Auburn leads 4-0.    Veach up.

Girls up 4-0 now....Rivera with a double to clean the bases

Veach loops it into shallow left, short stop goes out and makes the catch to end the top 5th.   Auburn plates FOUR runs and leads 4-0.   Rivera continues to improve and comes up HUGE right there.   Great at bat and great swing.  

Just now, WarTiger said:

Rivera lines one into the gap in right center.   Wallace comes all the way around from 1st and scores.  Auburn leads 4-0.    Veach up.

How about Wallace showing her wheels and scoring from first?!?

Naturally the announcers don't even mention the fielding changes for Auburn with Cooper out of the game.  I'm guessing Veach moved to 3rd and Abbott came in to play 1st.   That's just a guess though.     Ok.  Perry remained in the game after pinch hitting for Cooper and is playing 1st.   

10 minutes ago, GBAU83 said:

I went back to replay it and I agree with what you posted.  Sure looked like she mouthed its broken to Martin.  I just hope it doesn't come back to hurt the team if she can't field/hit (aka Sean White against UGA).  

Sad thing is when they hit Cooper and Rivera,  I was thinking they just want to injure them to get them out of the game.

The way Kasey was crying in the dugout, doesn't look good.  Man, I hope this doesn't mean the end of her Auburn career.

1 minute ago, saminbama said:

The way Kasey was crying in the dugout, doesn't look good.  Man, I hope this doesn't mean the end of her Auburn career.

If it's fractured, which I imagine it is, then it will be, which is sad. I hate that for her. I hope it's just a deep bruise once x-rayed and she could be back by WCWS. ? 

1 minute ago, mustache eagle said:

I find it interesting that our best hitters this year and last year are the ones getting plunked ... can't be coincidence can it?

No coincidence at all. She's been hit WAY more than any other AU hitter. 

Archived