Softball vs. uat - game 2

AU WINS!

Great job Ladies - took the series

Sunday takes the sweep.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome!  The first time auburn has won the series in tuscaloser!

Great.....good outing for Martin....

Awesome.  Hope Kasey can come back sooner than it appears.  Even without the hits, she gets on base a majority of the time with all the pitch arounds. Need to see someone step up on offense other than Rivera. She has done her part.  Fagan being a senior needs to make it happen. I think Podany should play more.  She seems to have a little more offense than Greenwood. 

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Awesome.  Hope Kasey can come back sooner than it appears.  Even without the hits, she gets on base a majority of the time with all the pitch arounds. Need to see someone step up on offense other than Rivera. She has done her part.  Fagan being a senior needs to make it happen. I think Podany should play more.  She seems to have a little more offense than Greenwood. 

We are going to miss her defense and leadership out there in the field more than anything imo. She has really held this team together through a tough year off the field and kept it from going sideways. She is class in every sense of the word. It would be heartbreaking if this is how her career ended.

Sorry my math was off earlier. Win tomorrow = #2 seed.  Lose tomorrow with a UT win = #2 seed. Lose tomorrow with an aTm win = #3 seed. 

54 minutes ago, saminbama said:

Perry has the "deer in the headlights" look. Hopefully, we can get out of this and she can be prepared for tomorrow.

She just needs some reps. I think she is good ball player, she needs the cobwebs kicked off. Hopefully she can do that and be significant contributor. 

Haley Fagan has had some really, really bad at bats these last two games. Not only did she not get those clutch hits, she's looked very bad while making outs. She's a better hitter than that. On the other hand, she's made some great plays in the field. If Cooper is indeed through, Fagan is our best bet for some added firepower. She's got to shake it off and step up.

Really happy for Makayla to get that win. Maybe that boosts her confidence, and she can return to being the Makayla of late last year. Rivera came through big time. Can't imagine she won't make the All-SEC freshman team. Think Clint was making a development move by putting Perry in at first for Cooper. He could have used Abbott,who has played first a lot, and a bigger threat at the plate. Kudos to Draper for that ball she picked off the wall - I thought it had a chance to go over, or hit the top and bounce over. That's five in a row, guys and gals. Maybe Tubs will be at the game tomorrow. Man, Kayla Braud was tense when they talked about this game on SEC Now.

PRAIIIIIISE!!!!!!!!!! this is amazing news.

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

PRAIIIIIISE!!!!!!!!!! this is amazing news.

Hate that she might not be in the line up tomorrow.  But great news that she didn't break her arm!

Man, That is great news if Cooper's arm is not broken and she can be back for SEC tourney and post season play.  I was worried she would be out for the season.

Is this Chandler Rome a creditable source? I hope so, but I'd like to hear or see something a little more creditable than a tweet. 10:00 pm seems a little quick for x-rays to be taken, evaluated and the results distributed. I don't do tweeting, so I don't know what goes with tweet sources, other than everybody can say whatever. Kinda' like the intrawebs!

45 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Is this Chandler Rome a creditable source? I hope so, but I'd like to hear or see something a little more creditable than a tweet. 10:00 pm seems a little quick for x-rays to be taken, evaluated and the results distributed. I don't do tweeting, so I don't know what goes with tweet sources, other than everybody can say whatever. Kinda' like the intrawebs!

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Clint-Myers-reveals-status-of-injured-All-American-Kasey-Cooper-52657794 This says they don't think there is a break but it's not definitive at the time this was reported. 

Softball holding up baseball this weekend. Considering the rankings and being on the road this series win is pretty dang special.

Damn right.  Hoping for the sweep, of course, but very happy with the series win.  And happy that Coop's arm isn't fractured.  I'm sure that Coach will hold her out until it's safe for her to play again.  No apologies needed for her emotion, as I'm sure she has been told on Twitter.

Archived