Toomer's Entrance 100 years old

I was there yesterday celebrating my niece's graduation (the 16th member of my family to graduate from our beloved university, if I might brag a little) & noticed the historical marker on the brick gates at The Corner: placed there by the class of 1917. So, the Corner as The Entrance to Auburn is 100 years old!! I think that's worth noting & celebrating! I wonder if anyone "official" at Auburn has noticed, & maybe they haven't because surely that would have been a story somewhere.

At any rate, to all of us Aubies on this Board, Happy 100th!! War Eagle for the next 100!!

5 hours ago, TigerTennis80 said:

I was there yesterday celebrating my niece's graduation (the 13th member of my family to graduate from our beloved university, if I might brag a little) & noticed the historical marker on the brick gates at The Corner: placed there by the class of 1917. So, the Corner as The Entrance to Auburn is 100 years old!! I think that's worth noting & celebrating! I wonder if anyone "official" at Auburn has noticed, & maybe they haven't because surely that would have been a story somewhere.

At any rate, to all of us Aubies on this Board, Happy 100th!! War Eagle for the next 100!!

I think Golf might have been a Senior that year (1917), maybe he knows about the Anniversary.

4 hours ago, AUMASTERS said:

I think Golf might have been a Senior that year (1917), maybe he knows about the Anniversary.

close

5 hours ago, AUMASTERS said:

Golf graduated in 84' (1884) so you are kind of close 

5 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I am thinking that is the year that my grandfather graduated from Auburn. Cool! Thanks for sharing.

That is very cool indeed! Glad to pass it along.

Dude I am only 36 and I have only been on the forums for a little over a year.  Where did you get 100?

44 minutes ago, Richard78 said:

Was just on the Toomer Cam. Is it me or do our new oaks look good and healthy?

http://www.auburnalabama.org/mvc/cams/City-Cameras/Toomer's-Corner

When I was there last weekend I thought they looked better than at any time since the re-plant. That made me happy!

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 5:32 PM, ClaytonAU said:

Golf graduated in 84' (1884) so you are kind of close 

He's a proud Agricultural and Mechanical College of Alabama alumnus.

Archived