Baseball vs uat Game 3

Just got home from the series / work travel, so first time I've had a chance to comment.  Saturday's games were lost due to fundamental baseball mistakes and nothing else.  Whether it was not getting a bunt down, errors, or bad at-bats with runners at 3rd, we didn't do the basic little things to win.

I'm still furious about the call on Sunday in the 7th.  Get that right and we likely win 4-3 (that's also correcting and getting the call right that went our way in the 8th...should have been an out).  I'm still not sure why Butch didn't play under protest right there.  But, when we did have chances later, particularly the 13th, we did a horrible job of executing.  Seemed like that was the story of the weekend.

But in truth, it's my fault.  I flew half-way across the country to see this series and we got swept.  I can only blame myself for that.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Just got home from the series / work travel, so first time I've had a chance to comment.  Saturday's games were lost due to fundamental baseball mistakes and nothing else.  Whether it was not getting a bunt down, errors, or bad at-bats with runners at 3rd, we didn't do the basic little things to win.

I'm still furious about the call on Sunday in the 7th.  Get that right and we likely win 4-3 (that's also correcting and getting the call right that went our way in the 8th...should have been an out).  I'm still not sure why Butch didn't play under protest right there.  But, when we did have chances later, particularly the 13th, we did a horrible job of executing.  Seemed like that was the story of the weekend.

But in truth, it's my fault.  I flew half-way across the country to see this series and we got swept.  I can only blame myself for that.

Hate it for you...but you gave it a good try...and maybe, if you work on it,  you can get the bunt down next time when it's critical...:)

Archived