SEC Softball Tournament

Here's the bracket and times for the SEC tournament.   As the #2 seed we have a bye in the first round, so we play Thursday afternoon at 4PM.  Auburn gets the winner of Kentucky and South Carolina.   Auburn took 2 of 3 from South Carolina in Columbia this season but did not face Kentucky.    Entire bracket below:

C_QV0doXcAAu_fJ.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bama tops Arky 4-1 to advance and play TAMU and Ole Miss tops MSU , 2-1 to advance to face UF.  

Kentucky just picked up the win over USCe....

Jayquish just hit a slammer in bot 4 to give LSU a 6-2 lead over Mizzou.  Baxter had retired the first two,then walked the bases full for Jayquish.

4 hours ago, 35Rem said:

Do we want to play USCe or Kentucky?

Of the two, South Carolina is probably the weaker team but has a true ace pitcher. Kentucky has hit the ball pretty well over the last month and will probably pitch by committee. They've won some games over good opponents and took the series from aTm a couple weeks ago. I think they will have some issues with Carlson, but we need to show up offensively in case their offense has a good game. 

Ole Miss squandering opportunities. They should be up 4 or 5-0 in the 5th inning but only lead Florida 2-0.

uat defeats Texas A&M 2-1 in 10 innings. 

Ole MIss defeats Florida 2-0 to advance.   Florida 1 and done...

A balanced league and no easy victories . Hope AU is ready for Kentucky . The second level teams like Ole Miss and Kentucky are looking for the opportunity to up grade their programs with wins against the top teams. 

Now that we got the win, the next game is a tough draw. LSU is always a tough game, but playing UT at night in their stadium would be very challenging. Especially since we have not seen UT this year, I still remember the whippings they put on us last year at home. Either way, we better find some offense quicker in the game. 

Well LSU beat UT. Looks like a AU vs. LSU showdown in the Semi's today. Glad the girls won't have to deal with the UT hometown crowd. But when LSU gets hot they can put up some runs. They have got a fast team. 

Hits and runs have been hard to come by for AU lately.  Carlson doing a marvelous job this season....Assuming Martin to pitch the LSU game...hoping she can keep the ball down against their hitters 'cause the way things have been going, she is not going to get much run support and she needs to think .."shutout"....

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Hits and runs have been hard to come by for AU lately.  Carlson doing a marvelous job this season....Assuming Martin to pitch the LSU game...hoping she can keep the ball down against their hitters 'cause the way things have been going, she is not going to get much run support and she needs to think .."shutout"....

The last time she faced LSU this season they blitzed us 8-0.

25 minutes ago, ellitor said:

SOOOOO, does AU pitch Martin today, to save Carlson for the SEC CG or pitch Carlson to make sure to get to the SEC CG??  Or do you let Swindle take a shot at a start?

20 minutes ago, tgr4lfe said:

SOOOOO, does AU pitch Martin today, to save Carlson for the SEC CG or pitch Carlson to make sure to get to the SEC CG??  Or do you let Swindle take a shot at a start?

Clint will pitch Mac. The only reason Swindle got her weekend start against the lady Roosters was because Mac was suspended. And the only reason Carlson started 2 days in a row was for the suspension also. You almost have to start Mac to show you believe in her & her experience & give her a chance for redemption.

Just now, ellitor said:

Clint will pitch Mac. The only reason Swindle got her weekend start was because Mac was suspended. And the only reason Carlson started 2 days in a row was for the suspension also. You almost have to start Mac to show you believe in her & her experience & give her a chance for redemption.

Oh yea, I agree, except for the fact that LSU lit her up when she pitched against her at beginning of SEC play.  Just need to get the bats going a LOT more.  I doubt 2 or 3 runs will be enough to beat LSU today.

10 minutes ago, tgr4lfe said:

Oh yea, I agree, except for the fact that LSU lit her up when she pitched against her at beginning of SEC play.  Just need to get the bats going a LOT more.  I doubt 2 or 3 runs will be enough to beat LSU today.

That was the point of the redemption part of my post. Redemption for the beat down LSU gave her. Besides she had some success against them last year.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Is LSU going to throw Walljasper again or will we see Sydney Smith? I don't think Hoover has completely recovered from a knee injury a couple weeks ago.

59 minutes ago, tgr4lfe said:

Well, the old baseball axiom is play next game up to win. If you start messing with a lineup for the following game, it can bit you in the ......

10 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Is LSU going to throw Walljasper again or will we see Sydney Smith? I don't think Hoover has completely recovered from a knee injury a couple weeks ago.

No clue. Without doing a stats search I don't know anything about any team not named Auburn.

With that said, Wally has thrown 176 pitches the last 2 days & Smith has been lit up in at least her last 2 appearances. Gorsuch might be an option tonight.

Intellicast says 70-90% chance of thunderstorms in Knoxville today,peaking between 4 and 6. If we get this one in today, it probably runs late, maybe with a weather delay.

Archived