Woody Barrett Transferring

Auhud08

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I wonder where Woody will transfer to. I hope we never have to play against him.

Hope we're wearing orange face masks if we do. :Sing:

3 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

I wonder where Woody will transfer to. I hope we never have to play against him.

I hope we do. Pick six city.

13 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

AUwent, I'm glad to know you like those orange facemasks too.

17 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

I hope he comes back to play us and we have orange face masks with an extra 20,000 seating at JHS with Tracy Rocker as our DC. Hopefully he will be playing for Oklahoma, USC, or Michigan when this happens.

Woody Barrett found a new home this weekend.

The former Auburn quarterback, who announced his decision to transfer Monday morning, will play at Copiah-Lincoln Community College in Mississippi next season. Wolfpack quarterback coach Micah Davis posted a photo to Twitter late Sunday morning welcoming Barrett to the program, and head coach Glenn Davis shared the tweet.

Glenn Davis told AL.com that Barrett signed with the Wolfpack on Saturday.

"(I'm) excited about him being here soon," Glenn Davis said.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/05/former_auburn_quarterback_wood.html

30 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I hope not

I agree.  But I would like to have him as a DL coach.

wde

Going Juco......... guess that tells us a little more about his situation though perhaps this is a way for him to play next year...get some real game experience and then look for a new Div I home.

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Tracy could still be our DC some day.

I just hope he is AD instead of Jay Jacobs if he is.

4 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Tracy could still be our DC some day.

Probably a4e's best moment in recent memory. Right on cue. Man I'm lol-ing over here.

On 5/8/2017 at 10:45 AM, ToomersStreet said:

A lot to take away from this.  The team is still plagued by lack of depth at QB.  If Stidham is as good as advertised, how long will he remain at Auburn before going to the NFL, and what impact will that have on the team as far as QB depth is JS leaves early?  How will Gus handle this?  As even Gus supporters have pointed out, Gus has not done well with making adjustments for attrition from something other than graduating.  However, a plus is, any program will have players leave when a new coordinator shows up and they don't feel they fit the new system.  This could mean Gus really is backing off and Lindsey is able to put his own stamp on the offense.  Also, does Gus go after another JUCO QB to help with depth this next recruiting cycle?

Counter argument in a nutshell:  The fact that a highly rated recruit at QB as talented as Woody Barrett feels he needs to go some place else to have a shot at playing with a new OC in charge and giving him an equal chance, this is nothing but good news for AU.  I wish Barrett well. I hope he sets records where ever he goes. But this is Barrett coming to terms with the fact that if Stidham (or White) goes down, he won't be the second man in.  Depth? We have three quality QB's on campus and all of 'em were ahead of Barrett is my understanding. This is not bad news.

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:35 AM, McLoofus said:

My point is that happened in the first quarter of the first game. 

I still think it was the glove.

On 5/13/2017 at 4:59 PM, bigbird said:

Thanks, Viper. :-X

Viper probably thinks that "self-deprecating" means messing one's own drawers. 

Call me crazy, v but him going to a juco doesn't tell me anything but he played for a team who's qb play and depth is sub par so go to a school where you can play right now so you can be evaluated all over again so we can see is it that you suck, or your former school sucks or maybe even both

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

Call me crazy, v but him going to a juco doesn't tell me anything but he played for a team who's qb play and depth is sub par so go to a school where you can play right now so you can be evaluated all over again so we can see is it that you suck, or your former school sucks or maybe even both

What it tells me is that someone is giving him good advice. He thinks he's a Div 1 QB, and the only way for him to land another Div 1 spot is for people to see him play.  I don't see how is has anything to do with his former school "sucking". He was outplayed and couldn't see the field, so he needed for find a place that had less talent to beat out.

He was passed by a walk on and an early enrollee who should have been playing high school baseball. In no way does this situation say Auburn sucks. Maybe qb evaluation but he was the worst of 4-5 guys. That doesn't say much for him. But his announcement was done in class so I have nothing but respect for him and wish him well. 

Great performances by Stidham and Willis in the spring game + lack of snaps for Woody + good performance by Sean White last year (when healthy) = #4 on the depth chart for Woody or #3 at best if Willis redshirts.   I think going the JC route to try resurrect his career was a smart move for him.  It's time to wish him the best and move on.  He wasn't in the plans for whatever reason.  Of course, we hope the reason was the other guys are just that good.  

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

What it tells me is that someone is giving him good advice. He thinks he's a Div 1 QB, and the only way for him to land another Div 1 spot is for people to see him play.  I don't see how is has anything to do with his former school "sucking". He was outplayed and couldn't see the field, so he needed for find a place that had less talent to beat out.

If your school hasn't produced any good qb's and you're at the school and you couldn't play then to me I have to question if you suck. If for several years a school has had problems getting multiple qb's to play good against quality teams then that tells me the school or I guess I should say the current coaches suck and once again I'd have to see the guy play again so I could evaluate him. Now maybe you and others don't agree or can't see it and that's fine. Which is why I said tells ME.  

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

If your school hasn't produced any good qb's and you're at the school and you couldn't play then to me I have to question if you suck. If for several years a school has had problems getting multiple qb's to play good against quality teams then that tells me the school or I guess I should say the current coaches suck and once again I'd have to see the guy play again so I could evaluate him. Now maybe you and others don't agree or can't see it and that's fine. Which is why I said tells ME.  

I think Gus and Rhett are terrible QB coaches who recruited quality QB talent at times, but they were incapable of coaching them up (JJ) or the right way (SW) and had no clue that certain players should have never been recruited as a QB at AU.  I think Queen, JFIII and Barrett fall into the latter category.

Both Cam and to a lesser degree Nick were going to be good QBs in Gus' system no matter what.  They had the instincts and just God-given ability to be very good (NM) to great (Cam).  

wde

3 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

I think Gus and Rhett are terrible QB coaches who recruited quality QB talent at times, but they were incapable of coaching them up (JJ) or the right way (SW) and had no clue that certain players should have never been recruited as a QB at AU.  I think Queen, JFIII and Barrett fall into the latter category.

Both Cam and to a lesser degree Nick were going to be good QBs in Gus' system no matter what.  They had the instincts and just God-given ability to be very good (NM) to great (Cam).  

wde

Much of this I agree with, that's why I said him going to juco can't tell much but he knows people will want to re evaluate him all over again because as far as woody goes if for some reason he does suck there were many top schools that all missed on that.

Also this is just my opinion but nobody to blame but ourselves not letting Nick work with that qb coach between his first and second year....our coaching staff was arrogant and we may have cost ourselves a championship because of that.....and yes I can't know that for sure but we lost a few big time games because of a few passes and a few ball handling mistakes that would have been worked on thoroughly if he had of went

Archived