Woody Barrett Transferring

Auhud08

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barrett was 4th string, maybe even 5th behind the walkon. Why he transferred should be no mystery to anyone.

I understand why everyone is so high on Stidham. I get it. I have also read for months (years?) that CGM and xCRL are certifiable terrible QB coaches.

So, why wouldn't folks be equally interested to see what White could be coached in to by a QB coach/new OC?

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm interested if for some reason JS gets hurt....

If Stidham gets hurt, then Willis will move up to second string behind White, who will remain the starter. Why is this a point of interest?

26 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm interested if for some reason JS gets hurt....

Why? SW will just step in.

16 minutes ago, DAG said:

Why? SW will just step in.

So before dude edited he said is anybody interested in what sw can do with the new coach. So like you just did sw would be playing if js for hurt so that's why I'd be interested

40 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Barrett was 4th string, maybe even 5th behind the walkon. Why he transferred should be no mystery to anyone.

Depends on if all the people ahead of him are actually better than him. If that's not the case that's when guys transfer

My question was merely to see if folks were interested in seeing if CCL could do anything to improve Sean White. That's all.

ETA- In hindsight, this was a terrible place for me to ask this question. 

7 minutes ago, alexava said:

Chip Lindesy is not Mr Mioggi. I may have misspelled all that.

We're not looking for miracles. We're just looking for adequate. 

8 hours ago, cole256 said:

Depends on if all the people ahead of him are actually better than him. If that's not the case that's when guys transfer

Were Barrett not 5th best, he wouldn't be 5th on the depth chart. It ain't rocket science. Guys transfer when they see they are something like, you know, 5th best.

On 5/11/2017 at 9:20 AM, McLoofus said:

By the end of his 2nd year, Jason Campbell had started 20 games and played in 22. He had 15 touchdowns to 9 interceptions. We probably should have known then that he'd never amount to anything.

Jason Campbell was a 5-star, ranked #2 QB in the Nation. Plus he is 5" taller than White with an accurate arm 20 yards further. Thus his ceiling was light years higher than a Sun Belt QB.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

We're not looking for miracles. We're just looking for adequate. 

Exactly.

I'm not talking about a miracle transformation where White is throwing 80 yard laser beams and taking folks heads off. I'm talking about playing within his talent level and playing to his strengths. You know, coaching and stuff.

14 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Exactly.

I'm not talking about a miracle transformation where White is throwing 80 yard laser beams and taking folks heads off. I'm talking about playing within his talent level and playing to his strengths. You know, coaching and stuff.

What we were calling "serviceable" (in its occasional absence last year).

10 hours ago, cole256 said:

Or, if he perceives that he's better than he is. If it's just one guy on the depth chart ahead of someone maybe you can call it favoritism. But 3-4 guys...? Since very few on the board are attending practices, I guess we'll never know for sure. WB certainly seems to have the physical tools but a lot of guys do that never see the field, especially at a position where one guy gets almost all of the PT.

Woody Barrett looked horrible in limited time . That enough shouldn't deter someone to leave , however , it has been said that his attitude and work ethic has been questionable as well. Cumulatively that will put you behind the 8 ball, especially when you are in the most important position on the team. Feel like we are reading too much into this.

I feel like you guys are reading too much. Clearly he's not good enough to start but a walk on? And most of you love to tell how good a guy is after three throws or whatever and that's funny. Then the other half are the coaches little soldiers....if he's 5th on the depth chart then he's 5th best it's not rocket science....yeah it ALWAYS work like that huh? Especially at our school.....But like I said guys don't transfer when they are behind a guy they know is better than them....guys transfer when they are behind a guy that they know they are better than but I can see why this fan base couldn't understand....it's not like cam Newton played here or anything lol

39 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I feel like you guys are reading too much. Clearly he's not good enough to start but a walk on? And most of you love to tell how good a guy is after three throws or whatever and that's funny. Then the other half are the coaches little soldiers....if he's 5th on the depth chart then he's 5th best it's not rocket science....yeah it ALWAYS work like that huh? Especially at our school.....But like I said guys don't transfer when they are behind a guy they know is better than them....guys transfer when they are behind a guy that they know they are better than but I can see why this fan base couldn't understand....it's not like cam Newton played here or anything lol

I can't even understand what you are trying to say.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I think he's trying to say Woody left because he "Thought"  he was better than Adam's ?

Just now, AUMASTERS said:

I think he's trying to say Woody left because he "Thought"  he was better than Adam's ?

So, if this is accurate, where does that put him on the depth chart? 4th Now? Damn shame and unacceptable IMO.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Well cool then there is nothing else to talk about as far as this

33 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Well cool then there is nothing else to talk about as far as this

Been that way for some time now. Pretty close and shut case.

20 minutes ago, DAG said:

Been that way for some time now. Pretty close and shut case.

Yeah it was after I said what I said. There wasn't even anything to argue about, couldn't dispute what I said

Just now, cole256 said:

Yeah it was after I said what I said. There wasn't even anything to argue about

Nobody understands what the hell you are trying to say Lavar. 

Just now, DAG said:

Nobody understands what the hell you are trying to say Lavar. 

What is your stance? What are you saying? What are you even arguing about? What made you ever quote me? Why are you still writing? 

Archived