Woody Barrett Transferring

Auhud08

once you have several posts arguing you are just doing it for attention.lying am i? then why subject everyone to it? why not take it to pm, chat, or hell like they joke about on another board go meet in the sonic parking lot. a lot of the same points are being made over and over. just agree to disagree.....

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Maybe instead of AUFAMILY we should be AUdysfunctionalFAMILY :dunno:

The whole family isn't dysfunctional. However, like most families we have a few "weird Uncle Joes" that nobody really wants to acknowledge until, on certain occasions, they make a pubic nuisance out of themselves.

11 hours ago, cole256 said:

Same go for you. But I guess you never heard of the dog house and every player in America is lined up correctly according to talent at every school....people didn't complain about how sw was used here huh? And Gus doesn't have a question mark as far as depth chart with his qb's right? Gthoh

I don't follow.  But I'll try. Yes I've heard of the dog house. I don't want a qb who is in the dog house and not mature enough to work his way out of it. Especially if he thinks he is better than the players lined up in front of him. Whatever got him in the doghouse here will get him in it elsewhere. Instead of changing schools he could change himself. I hope he does.(if he was in fact in the doghouse) I don't understand your assertion about how SW was used here. He was the starter from his fourth game ever when he was healthy. Except for the Clemson game there is nothing to complain about unless you are arguing against him. And no I don't think Gus has a question mark on qb depth chart. Since we all figured out Jeremy couldn't play he has SW and then nothing behind him but patchwork and long shots. Depth charts change all the time if the players are talented, believe in themselves and work. That is why I liked Blake Simms so much even though I despise bammer.

46 minutes ago, alexava said:

No problem

understand ..I post from a Kindle sometimes and that's bad enough...changes words, etc...don't know how anyone can post or carry on a text conversation from a phone.

2 hours ago, fredst said:

I wish I could get back the five minutes of my life I just spent catching up on this thread, lol

Thanks for the heads up. I won't bother 

This is the most stupid argument I've been involved in on this board....I'm not going back and forth with most of you, especially the guys that pop up because they're mad that you disagreed with them months ago....don't too much care who it makes mad, Gus has been VERY questionable with his decision making, recruiting, and play calling with qb's the last few years. So no saying it's right because the coaches say it's right means nothing to me. And I'm going to say it again players usually transfer when they really feel that the guy ahead of them isn't as good as them. Most guys don't have a problem sitting behind a guy that is clearly better. Don't like it oh well

9 hours ago, fredst said:

I wish I could get back the five minutes of my life I just spent catching up on this thread, lol

I wish I had my whole day back

A player who feels he is better than the one ahead of him on the depth chart has a few options. He can put the effort and time in to prove that he is the better player. He can come to terms that he is actually not better and do the work to get better. He can change positions if he wants to help the team or he can transfer somewhere else where the competition is not as strong and try again. 

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

A player who feels he is better than the one ahead of him on the depth chart has a few options. He can put the effort and time in to prove that he is the better player. He can come to terms that he is actually not better and do the work to get better. He can change positions if he wants to help the team or he can transfer somewhere else where the competition is not as strong and try again. 

Right. He has options and will use them, which is my point. But coming to terms that he is not better and transferring to a lesser talented team isn't always the case. It's better to say they have options

4 minutes ago, gr82be said:

makes sense

And in this age and time, most guys that were elite in HS and strongly recruited think that they are going to be millionaire NFL players. If, once they start at the school they are recruited to, they find that they are behind someone else on the depth chart (or in this case 3 qbs behind), they are not going to wait around. They will find another school at which to compete. It might not be what we want or even what we'd do in the similar circumstance, but it is what they are doing.  Happened to a guy named Corey Grant just a few years ago and turned out well. 

11 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

And in this age and time, most guys that were elite in HS and strongly recruited think that they are going to be millionaire NFL players. If, once they start at the school they are recruited to, they find that they are behind someone else on the depth chart (or in this case 3 qbs behind), they are not going to wait around. They will find another school at which to compete. It might not be what we want or even what we'd do in the similar circumstance, but it is what they are doing.  Happened to a guy named Corey Grant just a few years ago and turned out well. 

Wherever Woody goes he's going to have to start competing.

Just now, ellitor said:

Wherever Woody goes he's going to have to start competing.

Or go where there is no competition.

31 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Happened to a guy named cam Newton as well and also vice versa there are guys who left us that turned out to be great players

48 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Logic.

Saturday was W I L D on the boards I see. Don't you all have lives or something? :laugh:

24 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Saturday was W I L D on the boards I see. Don't you all have lives or something? :laugh:

I've been away...type one thing and this what I get. Other people later come and type the same thing and the people that were angry with me saying it like it and agree.....this is a wild board LOL

32 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I've been away...type one thing and this what I get. Other people later come and type the same thing and the people that were angry with me saying it like it and agree.....this is a wild board LOL

Was said jokingly, not on anyone's side Cole! I've just recently been back on the boards after finals got over with! 

5 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Was said jokingly, not on anyone's side Cole! I've just recently been back on the boards after finals got over with! 

Yeah I know, you should be on my side though so it'd be even. Then it could be 2 against 30 lol. I've been working 6 12's since April. Tired!!!!

On 5/20/2017 at 2:22 PM, cole256 said:

I feel like you guys are reading too much. Clearly he's not good enough to start but a walk on? And most of you love to tell how good a guy is after three throws or whatever and that's funny. Then the other half are the coaches little soldiers....if he's 5th on the depth chart then he's 5th best it's not rocket science....yeah it ALWAYS work like that huh? Especially at our school.....But like I said guys don't transfer when they are behind a guy they know is better than them....guys transfer when they are behind a guy that they know they are better than but I can see why this fan base couldn't understand....it's not like cam Newton played here or anything lol

Cole I agree with you to a point. Guys transfer when they are behind guys that they are better than but the other side of that coin is they transfer when they think they are better than the guys in front of them. Just because they think it doesn't make it true.   I personally don't know which situation this is.

On 5/20/2017 at 6:55 AM, McLoofus said:

We're not looking for miracles. We're just looking for adequate. 

To add to that, we don't need miracles.  We have 3 QBs who can win games who just need a combination of reps and quality coaching to become QBs who can win championships.

3 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

To add to that, we don't need miracles.  We have 3 QBs who can win games who just need a combination of reps and quality coaching to become QBs who can win championships.

Particularly when combined with the skill, experience and depth elsewhere on the roster (except safety, where we have some skill and experience but no depth). 

I honestly do not see Woody Barrett becoming a good player wherever he goes.  As everyone has alluded to, he is lazy and could care less.  However, what most likely has damned him is his transferring and what that says.  That tells me he is a guy who doesn't want to make the change to be a good player, that he opts to go somewhere else where he does not need to make a change and can continue his current habits.  He has said he plans on transferring to another SEC school in a year, and when no one wants him then (or maybe a lower-tier SEC school), he wakes up. Or he doesn't.

I wish him the best, but patience is a virtue, something Sean White has shown, and potentially JFIII (finally) with his willingness to stay at Auburn and switch to WR. Look at our running backs.  Some do not get to become the starter, or back-up until year 3.  But it pays off because we transform them into 1,000 yard rushers and get them drafted.  Woody leaving opens up a scholarship spot, so lets get someone in who wants to be here and can handle being on an SEC team. 

Archived