Auhud08

Woody Barrett Transferring

433 posts in this topic

Or he goes to some podunk community college/juco and humbles himself, learns how to work hard, and becomes a force at his next d-1 school. Stranger things have happened.

3 people like this

14 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Or he goes to some podunk community college/juco and humbles himself, learns how to work hard, and becomes a force at his next d-1 school. Stranger things have happened.

Hear, hear. As others have suggested, we've probably graduated a few "fine Auburn men" who fans of another school once spoke about in the same way that some of us are speaking about Woody now. Not saying it's likely, but the kid is still too young* to write off completely or call names.

*Save me the "grown man" stuff. He's not even allowed to buy a beer. 

3 people like this

39 minutes ago, Tiger said:

So he leaves in disgrace, legal issues dogging him and desperate for any place that might take him?    Doesn't sound like Woody to me.  :dunno:

20 minutes ago, AU64 said:

So he leaves in disgrace, legal issues dogging him and desperate for any place that might take him?    Doesn't sound like Woody to me.  :dunno:

Yep. WB transfer situation is a little different than the couple we have taken in. From outside looking in, it is perceived that he was immature on and off the field. Currently, we are in a very good place at that position, which did not bode well for him. I don't blame him one iota for doing what's best for him. However, it does seem like he needs to take personal responsibility for his current predicament and based on his farewell speech, it looks that way.

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Exactly. Sometimes all a kid needs is to find out that the grass really isn't greener to realize that he is the one holding himself back. 

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Exactly. Sometimes all a kid needs is to find out that the grass really isn't greener to realize that he is the one holding himself back. 

We all have our own maturing process and everyone goes through it at their own rate. He's like what? 19? 20? Sometimes a change like this is what is needed to get one's butt into gear.

2 people like this

40 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

37 minutes ago, Tiger said:

We all have our own maturing process and everyone goes through it at their own rate. He's like what? 19? 20? Sometimes a change like this is what is needed to get one's butt into gear.

When you guys are right, you guys are right. 

2 people like this

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

When you guys are right, you guys are right. 

And when I finally got old enough to buy a beer legally, I got huffy and demanded to be carded, dammit.

ETA - Best wishes in all your endeavors Mr. Barrett.

Edited by AUld fAUx@
3 people like this