Woody Barrett Transferring

Auhud08

Or he goes to some podunk community college/juco and humbles himself, learns how to work hard, and becomes a force at his next d-1 school. Stranger things have happened.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Or he goes to some podunk community college/juco and humbles himself, learns how to work hard, and becomes a force at his next d-1 school. Stranger things have happened.

Hear, hear. As others have suggested, we've probably graduated a few "fine Auburn men" who fans of another school once spoke about in the same way that some of us are speaking about Woody now. Not saying it's likely, but the kid is still too young* to write off completely or call names.

*Save me the "grown man" stuff. He's not even allowed to buy a beer. 

39 minutes ago, Tiger said:

So he leaves in disgrace, legal issues dogging him and desperate for any place that might take him?    Doesn't sound like Woody to me.  :dunno:

20 minutes ago, AU64 said:

So he leaves in disgrace, legal issues dogging him and desperate for any place that might take him?    Doesn't sound like Woody to me.  :dunno:

Yep. WB transfer situation is a little different than the couple we have taken in. From outside looking in, it is perceived that he was immature on and off the field. Currently, we are in a very good place at that position, which did not bode well for him. I don't blame him one iota for doing what's best for him. However, it does seem like he needs to take personal responsibility for his current predicament and based on his farewell speech, it looks that way.

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Exactly. Sometimes all a kid needs is to find out that the grass really isn't greener to realize that he is the one holding himself back. 

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Exactly. Sometimes all a kid needs is to find out that the grass really isn't greener to realize that he is the one holding himself back. 

We all have our own maturing process and everyone goes through it at their own rate. He's like what? 19? 20? Sometimes a change like this is what is needed to get one's butt into gear.

40 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

37 minutes ago, Tiger said:

We all have our own maturing process and everyone goes through it at their own rate. He's like what? 19? 20? Sometimes a change like this is what is needed to get one's butt into gear.

When you guys are right, you guys are right. 

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

When you guys are right, you guys are right. 

And when I finally got old enough to buy a beer legally, I got huffy and demanded to be carded, dammit.

ETA - Best wishes in all your endeavors Mr. Barrett.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2017 at 8:41 AM, Tiger Refuge said:

Exactly.

I'm not talking about a miracle transformation where White is throwing 80 yard laser beams and taking folks heads off. I'm talking about playing within his talent level and playing to his strengths. You know, coaching and stuff.

If you're expecting White to walk into Clemson, Baton Rouge and the Iron Bowl as the starter and come away anything better than 0-3, you're expecting a miracle transformation. 

Guest WarEagleSteve
13 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

If you're expecting White to walk into Clemson, Baton Rouge and the Iron Bowl as the starter and come away anything better than 0-3, you're expecting a miracle transformation. 

Dude, did Sean White run over your dog or something? Steal your lunch money? Egg your house? There's healthy criticism and then there's obsession and at this point you might as well start calling yourself Ahab. 

26 minutes ago, WarEagleSteve said:

Dude, did Sean White run over your dog or something? Steal your lunch money? Egg your house? There's healthy criticism and then there's obsession and at this point you might as well start calling yourself Ahab. 

WHAT?! no way! A guy who is a fan of this guy is obsessed and crazy about someone?! I AM SHOCKED I TELL YA! SHOCKED! flair-strut.gif

1 hour ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Where in the world did you draw that conclusion out of what I wrote? Seriously?

Let the the hate of Sean go, man. It ain't healthy. 

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

WHAT?! no way! A guy who is a fan of this guy is obsessed and crazy about someone?! I AM SHOCKED I TELL YA! SHOCKED! flair-strut.gif

It's still real to him, dammit. :cry3:

16 hours ago, WarEagleSteve said:

Expecting "coaching and stuff" to transistion White from a Sun Belt to SEC level QB is hoping for a miracle transformation. 

15 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Where in the world did you draw that conclusion out of what I wrote? Seriously?

Let the the hate of Sean go, man. It ain't healthy. 

You wrote what you wrote. "Coaching and stuff" is not going to make White a SEC level QB, bad as the blind and ignorant here want it. Seriously.

Don't hate White. It isn't his fault Johnson was a flop, thus causing a "break in case of emergency" for nearly two seasons situation.

We now have a SEC level QB as our starter. Gus went after Stidham for a reason..because the backup wasn't getting it done. White gets to resume his role on the team as a bench player, where he was recruited to be. Or transfer to Arkansas State if he wants to start again. 

43 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Kinda like hoping you bring anything of value when you post, huh?

Yet the HC signed White's replacement 6 months ago, but according to you, I've brought nothing of value on the topic the last 18 months.

It's ok...you can like my post. I promise not to embarrass you. 

I wish I felt as passionate about ANYTHING as you are about trumpeting about how SW is not an SEC QB lolol

1 hour ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Yet the HC signed White's replacement 6 months ago, but according to you, I've brought nothing of value on the topic the last 18 months.

It's ok...you can like my post. I promise not to embarrass you. 

18 months? I truly believe you've never brought any value.

2 hours ago, VipersStrike1 said:

You wrote what you wrote. "Coaching and stuff" is not going to make White a SEC level QB, bad as the blind and ignorant here want it. Seriously.

Don't hate White. It isn't his fault Johnson was a flop, thus causing a "break in case of emergency" for nearly two seasons situation.

We now have a SEC level QB as our starter. Gus went after Stidham for a reason..because the backup wasn't getting it done. White gets to resume his role on the team as a bench player, where he was recruited to be. Or transfer to Arkansas State if he wants to start again. 

I wrote "coaching and stuff". I did not write "I think he will lead us to a 3-0 record on the road against 3 of our toughest opponents". 

BIG difference. Don't try to read between the lines when there aren't any. 

2 hours ago, VipersStrike1 said:

White gets to resume his role on the team as a bench player, where he was recruited to be. 

You honestly believe the staff recruited Sean White to be a bench player? Or any player for that matter? 

LOL. Gus, QB savant that he has proven himself to be, got Stidham strictly because Sean isn't good. Had nothing to do with the fact that our only quality depth behind Sean is a true freshman who nobody had heard of before NSD, or that Stidham- who almost every coach in the SEC would've gladly replaced their starter with- was, you know, available and interested. 

Doesn't matter though. Dude will just make up something else. 

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Sometimes, I find myself wondering if War Eagle6 was actually that bad...

He was 

46 minutes ago, bigbird said:

18 months? I truly believe you've never brought any value.

giphy.gif

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Archived