Woody Barrett Transferring

Auhud08

I don't place it all on Gus/Rhett. No way anyone thought JJ wouldn't be at least a solid QB. 

2 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Yes. JF3 and as 3rd string and Sean most likely will be 2nd string.

JF3 days at QB are done. Unless JS or SW or MW can't physically walk or pick up a football, JF3 will only be taking snaps on a trick play. 

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Yeah, we're now down to 3 scholly QB's and we saw last year that 2 of them doesn't have the strong arms to throw the deep ball. 

Uh...wrong.

One of them can throw it deep but his accuracy suffers (Sean).  Stidham and Willis clearly have strong enough arms to throw the deep passes and JS clearly does so with accuracy.  Willis made a nice deep throw but has too small a sample size.

Just now, McLoofus said:

Actually, Stidham and Gatewood both committed to Lashlee. 

Stidham, yes.  But getting Gatewood, who simply is not getting the reps at QB over the time he committed, still leaves me with another QB who is going to need serious developing into a  complete QB, especially in the passing game..

To me..he is still an unknown quantity, regardless of his ranking..

5 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

JF3 is a WR now.  The depth chart will be:

Stidham
White
Willis/Adams

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

True as I understand it...which makes me wonder why Gus was not recruiting the QBs...no matter what we read in the paper, it was his offense...not Lashlee's

But sure glad closed the deal on Stidham...

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

Stidham, yes.  But getting Gatewood, who simply is not getting the reps at QB over the time he committed, still leaves me with another QB who is going to need serious developing into a  complete QB, especially in the passing game..

To me..he is still an unknown quantity, regardless of his ranking..

Definitely, but he was a HUGE get when he committed. 

Hopefully we'll have more informed expectations after this year. But you're right, it's very much wait and see with him now. 

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

True as I understand it...which makes me wonder why Gus was not recruiting the QBs...no matter what we read in the paper, it was his offense...not Lashlee's

They both stuck- Gatewood's been recruiting for us hard enough that I don't see him shopping- so I won't question Gus's involvement with their respective recruitments. 

12 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Yeah, we're now down to 3 scholly QB's and we saw last year that 2 of them doesn't have the strong arms to throw the deep ball. 

Just stop. Your info is flawed

15 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Ummm. This guy is 3rd string now although I'm hoping we can redshirt him...

Off the point, but I feel that since no one has had anything to argue about on this forum the last few months, the rage was getting built up.  Especially the Gus-haters.  And it did not help their case that Gus has done all the right things in the offseason in who he has hired, and how he has handled everything.  Now that there is something to potentially point at Gus, the floodgates have broken open.  I have not seen arguments like this since November of last year.  Not bashing anyone, or critiquing.  Just found it a little humorous since I am having a slow day at work (for once).  :popcorn:

14 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Every QB offer has to have Gus's stamp on it before Rhett or Chip could or can give it.

Just now, abw0004 said:

Off the point, but I feel that since no one has had anything to argue about on this forum the last few months, the rage was getting built up.  Especially the Gus-haters.  And it did not help their case that Gus has done all the right things in the offseason in who he has hired, and how he has handled everything.  Now that there is something to potentially point at Gus, the floodgates have broken open.  I have no seen argue like this since November of last year.  Not bashing anyone, or critiquing.  Just found it a little humorous since I am having a slow day at work (for once).  :popcorn:

Man, you need to stop. You are baiting people into a flame war. 

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Every QB offer has to have Gus's stamp on it before Rhett or Chip could or can give it.

Never doubted that ...just seems that the HC can make the biggest impact when going after a top player...especially one who would drive the offense....JMO

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Not trying to bait anyone.  I didn't take a side on what is discussed (already stated my opinion earlier).  Just found the funny side in all of this.  I can't get too worked up with 4 months to go.  It is like my problem of watching 2017 Auburn hype videos.  I get all worked up and ready to see Auburn ball, and then I realize I have to wait 4 months.  

23 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

How did you figure this? Of the 3 QBs we have on scholarship only 1 was able to "not" impress you last year. The other 2 weren't even there. 

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

By the way, I am digging your new profile picture.  Forgot to tell you that months back when you changed it.  My brother is one of the lead walkers on the show.

23 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Stidham was not a Lashlee commit despite what was in public.  He did Rhett a favor cuz JS was told Rhett was gone, hell Rhett knew he was gone LSU week.  He gave Rhett a boost in value one could say.  Rhett gets credit for JF3 and Gatewood a kid who hasn't even started a game at Varsity football in high school

4 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

In terms of physical talent?  No.  In terms of internal drive and passion to do what it takes to learn the offense?  I guess?

Excellent points @TitanTiger about the evals as well as our current 3 deep. 

Woody's departure was a surprise to no one at all. Best of luck to him moving forward. 

We were already planning on taking 2 QBs in the 2018 class, I guess this "news" makes it easier/better for everyone. (Joey, recruiters, and recruits as far as looking at our depth chart). 

4 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Stidham was not a Lashlee commit despite what was in public.  He did Rhett a favor cuz JS was told Rhett was gone, hell Rhett knew he was gone LSU week.  He gave Rhett a boost in value one could say.  Rhett gets credit for JF3 and Gatewood a kid who hasn't even started a game at Varsity football in high school

Didn't know that about Stidham. 

Again, though, Gatewood was a big get at the time. Last season didn't go as expected but there are numerous programs all over the country that would have accepted his commitment when we did. Or at least that's my understanding. 

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Didn't know that about Stidham. 

Again, though, Gatewood was a big get at the time. Last season didn't go as expected but there are numerous programs all over the country that would have accepted his commitment when we did. Or at least that's my understanding. 

agree, lots of potential, but a major risk.  of course almost all qb's are, really. The kid is a football player, that is what i love most about him. 

7 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

agree, lots of potential, but a major risk.  of course almost all qb's are, really. The kid is a football player, that is what i love most about him. 

Right on. Definitely hoping for a(nother) stud in this class.

13 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

That's a good thing...but I'm wondering if he is being considered our QB "get" this year....before he's even established himself in HS....or do we mess around with him a couple seasons and then try to find another place where his athleticism is beneficial ?

Just thinking that if Stidham or While have a big year and Lindesy's offense is "showy" might that attract other QB possibilities from guys who have established their QB bonifides to a greater extent ?.

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Why didn't Malzahn play Woody more then 2 snaps in the A-Day game and the heck is Woody leaving? I hope Stidham doesn't hurt at all this. Cause he does, we're in trouble. I thought Woody would be a strong backup for Jarrett.

I'm not so sure woody was gonna make a good back up to the back ups..

58 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Yes, yes. Start sharing this bits & pieces more often.

Archived